Monster Hunter Tri U. General discussion / Player List !! Lets get hunting !!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

Look what arrived in the mail when I got home!

rjecxz.jpg

Countless hours is gonna be spent on this! :D

#202 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4763 posts) -

moltenix, words can not describe how envious I am right now. :P

I can't wait 24 hours to get the game. :x

#203 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]is the IGN review voiced by a kid?Pesantez

That's sexist, man.

i honestly thought it was a boy lol.
#204 Posted by J_Ford (2206 posts) -

Saw this posted on GoNintendo, it made my wife and I lol :P It's a Monster Hunter Shopping Network promotion spoof made my Capcom for MH3U.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-LSUxpDLkMM

#205 Posted by thetravman (3521 posts) -

My Circle Pad Pro XL arrived just in time. I'm looking forward to it (the 3DS version anyway. WiiU version will come after exams).

#206 Posted by J_Ford (2206 posts) -

My Circle Pad Pro XL arrived just in time. I'm looking forward to it (the 3DS version anyway. WiiU version will come after exams).

thetravman

You do know that the Circle Pad Pro's not compatible with MH3U on the 3DS right? :P

#207 Posted by teknic1200 (3191 posts) -
[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="dobzilian"]Capcom will be giving away free dlc... http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/19/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-and-the-power-of-customization/ right at the bottom of the article. WTF.....

And within that article, it CLEARLY states, It's an updated version of TRI (which had Wiimote controls) not 3G.

Anyway, I'm excited for the DLC. Really on the fence about getting this game though.

Ummm, you CLEARLY use CAPSLOCK without RESEARCH wtf is right: [quote="Capcom Unity"]Now onto some other nitty-gritty numbers, there are... 211 new quests (being 63 from the Village High-rank, 136 from the Port Tanzia G-rank and 12 Arena quests). New total is 339, not event counting the free DLC quests!!! 2042 new pieces of equipment broken down as follows: - 59 Great Swords, 83 Long Swords, 71 Sword & Shields, 122 Dual Blades, 73 Hammers, 99 Hunting Horns, 78 Lances, 108 Gunlances, 76 Switch Axex, 91 Heavy Bowguns, 96 Light Bowguns, 115 Bows; Total number of weapons is now 1398! - 1028 new Armor pieces; Total number of amor pieces is now 1663! Now the total number of equipment is 3061! Can you believe it? And there are also 3 new areas: The Tower, Misty Peaks and the Tainted Sea It's really a lot of content! So next time someone tells you this is just a port of MHTri, please prove them wrong with the stats above. I think by the time you get to the 15th new monster, they'll get the idea.

#208 Posted by teknic1200 (3191 posts) -

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

J_Ford

You do know that the Circle Pad Pro's not compatible with MH3U on the 3DS right? :P

just for the demo I believe.
#209 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

J_Ford

just for the demo, because the demo is just a translation of the japanese demo (which came out before the circle pad pro was a thing). the actual game was freaking bundled with it in japan.
#210 Posted by CcJj09 (15268 posts) -

Got the Wii U version! Its been a few years since I've played Tri, so I'm going to get re acquainted with things in single player before I head online.

#211 Posted by Nitrowing (217 posts) -

Wish there was a push to talk button while playing online I hate open mics.

#212 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

Dang, I had forgotten how slow MH3 starts off. All these collecting missions and killing weak monsters like Jaggia.

I can't wait to meet Barroth again; good memories! :P

The customizable touchscreen works great. I shrunk the D-pad down to about the size of the real d-pad and moved it all the way to the right just slightly below the face buttons. Feels much more comfortable than the jumbo sized default one.

Edit: Yay, just killed Great Jaggi. I remember when I first started playing Tri, even he seemed really hard.

#213 Posted by thetravman (3521 posts) -

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

J_Ford

That's not true. It works beautifully.

And did anyone notice that saving the game takes a very long time, for the 3DS at least? Or is it just me?

#214 Posted by KBFloYd (13643 posts) -

damn mail came already and game didnt arrive...

damn you best buy online!

#215 Posted by J_Ford (2206 posts) -

[QUOTE="J_Ford"]

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

BrunoBRS

just for the demo, because the demo is just a translation of the japanese demo (which came out before the circle pad pro was a thing). the actual game was freaking bundled with it in japan.

Oh ok, my bad. Sorry.

#216 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
i'm jealous...
#217 Posted by nini200 (9798 posts) -
Can you customize the Gamepad buttons in the released version of this game?
#218 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
http://uk.gamespot.com/monster-hunter-3-ultimate/reviews/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-review-6405362/?tag=Topslot;MonsterHunter3UltimateReview;MonsterHunter3Ultimate Here you go people.
#219 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

Hah, I kinda forgot this was a "new" game. I've never heard of a Arzuros before. :P

#220 Posted by Tri-Enforcer (1899 posts) -

Ugh.  Ordered mine on Amazon.  It won't get here until the 25th-29th!  Oh well, guess I'll play something else in the meantime.  Good hunting guys.

#221 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
Player list will be on the first page... If want information added then add it here or send me a PM. I will update the Player list on a regular basis.
#222 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

Just finished all the 1 and 2 star quests yesterday. Not really a big deal since the only big monsters were Great Jaggi and Arzuros. But its nice to get most of those fetch quests out of the way.

I can't believe I have to juggle between 4 big 3DS games right now: Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter and Luigi's Mansion. Finals are coming up dammit! :shock:

#223 Posted by enzyme36 (1536 posts) -

hey dobzillian ...  quick question?

If I start a hunter on the 3ds... Will my progress carry over to the WiiU version when I eventually pick it up?

#224 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

hey dobzillian ...  quick question?

If I start a hunter on the 3ds... Will my progress carry over to the WiiU version when I eventually pick it up?

enzyme36
Yeah you can interchange between playing 3DS and WIIu file. So can play on 3DS then upload the file to your WiiU.
#225 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8499 posts) -
I bought it on eshop even though the demo didn't impress me. Figured it might grow on me. Haven't played it yet.
#226 Posted by aroxx_ab (9817 posts) -

Two more days left :cry:

#227 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

aroxx_ab
Till then you have AC3 like me.
#228 Posted by aroxx_ab (9817 posts) -

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

dobzilian

Hehe i been lazy update, i been done with AC3 for like 2weeks now, i just cant bother with do 100% when its no achievements:P

Btw "Event Quests can be downloaded online and are accessible from Tanjia Port at any time once downloaded, like in the PSP games."

I didn't play the PSP games but this is a huge difference from the Wii game there i like had to wait 1month to do the "Jhen event"-quest for "item+" regents, this is awesome :)

#229 Posted by thetravman (3521 posts) -

This is the best review for this game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fAk8yyRA4

#230 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

[QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

aroxx_ab

Hehe i been lazy update, i been done with AC3 for like 2weeks now, i just cant bother with do 100% when its no achievements:P

Btw "Event Quests can be downloaded online and are accessible from Tanjia Port at any time once downloaded, like in the PSP games."

I didn't play the PSP games but this is a huge difference from the Wii game there i like had to wait 1month to do the "Jhen event"-quest for "item+" regents, this is awesome :)

I'll be finished with in time for MH Tri. It will be being exchanged for Tri.
#231 Posted by KBFloYd (13643 posts) -

dudes...the game looks beautiful.

i am playing with all the menu stuff on the gamepad..so that the tv is nothing but scenerey. 

the water is the only thing that looks meh.

even the ground despite being nothing manges to look kind of cool.

i am impress capcom.

#233 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
Got the Wii U version even though I said I wouldn't do it.
#234 Posted by Pesantez (773 posts) -

Charm table guide. Check it out guys, it's pretty important to any hunter.

#235 Posted by tocool340 (20510 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Why are you doing this?

It's the same game that was on the Wii

bonesawisready5

1. Loads of new content

2. Coz he, and many others, want a thread like this. Myself included.

Even with the loads of new content, why does this game cost $60? $40 seem fair for a game that came out couple years ago. Not like I should be complaining a lot considering I don't own a Wii U atm and probably will pick this up when the price drops to $40-$30 after I do....
#236 Posted by tocool340 (20510 posts) -

This is the best review for this game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fAk8yyRA4

thetravman
That.....that was pretty hilarious and awesome...:P
#237 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4713 posts) -

I'm loving the game so far, my first real Monster Hunter experience. I'm only 90 minutes so not far at all. I'm itching to go online but I hear that I should work my way up offline for a bit before I do that.

My only real gripe and I'm sure it is an issue many people have is the graphics. Good lord are they bad. I understand, its a Wii game that was "remade" for 3DS, then the 3DS version ported up to the Wii U but **** its fugly. Coming off of playing Batman Arkham City recently on my Wii U doesn't make this game look very good at all.

I'd hope that if they do a Wii U version of MH4 they'd work more on improving the graphics instead of making it HD and leaving it at that. I don't get it, did they re-do the assets altogether or just edit existing assets to be a bigger resolution?

#238 Posted by KBFloYd (13643 posts) -

I'm loving the game so far, my first real Monster Hunter experience. I'm only 90 minutes so not far at all. I'm itching to go online but I hear that I should work my way up offline for a bit before I do that.

My only real gripe and I'm sure it is an issue many people have is the graphics. Good lord are they bad. I understand, its a Wii game that was "remade" for 3DS, then the 3DS version ported up to the Wii U but **** its fugly. Coming off of playing Batman Arkham City recently on my Wii U doesn't make this game look very good at all.

I'd hope that if they do a Wii U version of MH4 they'd work more on improving the graphics instead of making it HD and leaving it at that. I don't get it, did they re-do the assets altogether or just edit existing assets to be a bigger resolution?

bonesawisready5

you sound like your playing a completely different game....it looks so good.

#239 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

bonesawisready5

I would suggest staying offline until you've at least beaten the Barroth (its a lv 3 quest) on your own. Everything else before that is either fetch quests or much easier monsters like Great Jaggi so its not like you really need much help. There's plenty of opportunity to play online later on.

I'd say if you can manage to beat Barroth on your own, you'll be good to go. He is quite a bit harder than the big monsters you fight earlier. You can get hit by the Great Jaggi or Qurupeco and shrug it off. Getting charged by a Barroth... :o If anything, it just teaches you that getting hit is BAD. Some of the later monsters aren't as forgiving as Great Jaggi. :P

#240 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4713 posts) -

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]

KBFloYd

you sound like your playing a completely different game....it looks so good.

No, I'm playing a game that was ported down from the Wii to the 3DS then ported up to the Wii U. I'm loving it but from a graphical stand point I would have rather waited for a full HD remake of the game with new assets, etc.

#241 Posted by manocanada (405 posts) -

Just bought this game off amazon should get it tomorrow cant wait! I am new to the series and have a couple of questions. Would you guys compare it to Demon/Dark Souls with fighting mechanics, and can you play it just on the Wii U game pad?

#242 Posted by thetravman (3521 posts) -

Just bought this game off amazon should get it tomorrow cant wait! I am new to the series and have a couple of questions. Would you guys compare it to Demon/Dark Souls with fighting mechanics, and can you play it just on the Wii U game pad?

manocanada

MH is similar to DS in a sense because of its challenging combat. The player is encouraged to read the enemy carefully and know when to execute your attacks. They are not your typical hack and slash games. You cannot play the game on the gamepad as of now but Capcom has announced that they will release a patch that allows you do so.

#243 Posted by 45dragoons (20 posts) -
I can not wait tell I can get my mits on this game. first thing when I get this game and a new wiiu is to add all my friends then get use to the controls.... then make a character look I could live with, then practice with all the weapons... any one know what hunting horns do??
#244 Posted by nini200 (9798 posts) -
I'm in! Got the game yesterday and started it up today. I'm on table 4 since I'm a lancer so I'll be battling with the bests as well. :)
#245 Posted by thetravman (3521 posts) -

Does the WiiU version have day/night cycles? I noticed Moga Village, D.Island, and Sandy Plains don't have night versions on the 3DS, which I find very disappointing.

#246 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
one star missions complete... Its as awesome as i remember and then some.
#247 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4713 posts) -

I'm enjoying it a lot. About 4 hours in and I just beat the Ludroth mission, been taking my time. What is everyone talking about with numbered tables?

#248 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

What is everyone talking about with numbered tables?

bonesawisready5
what?
#249 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

I'm enjoying it a lot. About 4 hours in and I just beat the Ludroth mission, been taking my time. What is everyone talking about with numbered tables?

bonesawisready5
Online most likely.
#250 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

one star missions complete... Its as awesome as i remember and then some.dobzilian

Eh. I thought the lvl. 1 quests were so boring. :P

I've been too busy with school to play the past few days but i'm gonna try tackling some lv. 3 quests tonight. I wanna get my hands on a Qurupeco set ASAP. It was one of my favorite low rank sets in Tri.