Monster Hunter Tri U. General discussion / Player List !! Lets get hunting !!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]one star missions complete... Its as awesome as i remember and then some.moltenix

Eh. I thought the lvl. 1 quests were so boring. :P

I've been too busy with school to play the past few days but i'm gonna try tackling some lv. 3 quests tonight. I wanna get my hands on a Qurupeco set ASAP. It was one of my favorite low rank sets in Tri.

I had all the items set aside lol. The hardest one was red coral which took 5 minutes to do. almost finished rank 2 now... Fighting Winnie the Pooh
#252 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
i wiped the floor with the great jaggi and that bear thing. the clock didn't even tick to 5 minutes, and it's not like i had anything other than the starter switch axe to kill it. on the other hand, the qurupeco was pretty tough. i was burning through my sharpness like it was nothing >.>
#254 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
as for sets... i want a new switch axe, and i'm fine with my hunter's armor for now. i don't like the jaggi's hat or the qurupeco's everything (seriously it's so ugly). problem is, next in line is ludroth... ugh. i want a pretty set.
#255 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

as for sets... i want a new switch axe, and i'm fine with my hunter's armor for now. i don't like the jaggi's hat or the qurupeco's everything (seriously it's so ugly). problem is, next in line is ludroth... ugh. i want a pretty set.BrunoBRS

:shock:

You didn't just say that! :o

#256 Posted by KBFloYd (13991 posts) -

bruno!

you got a wiiU?

can i add you?

#257 Posted by 45dragoons (20 posts) -
grrrr so many of you have this game mark my words I will get my hands on it and be ruler of the universe! *evil foop laugh* been watching to much tv to pass the time tell I can get my hands on this game and a wii u. if I had a wiiu I could be practicing with the demos.... had I known sooner this game was for the wiiu I would have gotten a wii u a long time ago... but getting it on the same day actuly might be better because I am so going to break a new wiiu in. its going to be fun... also I did find out froma helpful friend about the charms. for any wondering when you make a charater you get charm tables and well some have good charms some have bad.. me my self I am going to try for a t9.
#258 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i wiped the floor with the great jaggi and that bear thing. the clock didn't even tick to 5 minutes, and it's not like i had anything other than the starter switch axe to kill it. on the other hand, the qurupeco was pretty tough. i was burning through my sharpness like it was nothing >.>

I killed Winnie 2x on the capturr quest. I thought to myself 'He can take another hit or 2'.... I was wrong. Still not been online yet.
#259 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

Oh no!! I just realized they changed a lot of the armor skills... :cry:

Peco lost Evasion and Def Up and Recovery Up and gained a bunch of stuff I don't care about.

Hmm, now what am I gonna use :?

Edit: Guess i'll use a temporary Jaggi set for now. Attack Up is always nice I suppose.

#260 Posted by Pesantez (773 posts) -

Charm table guide. Check it out guys, it's pretty important to any hunter.

Pesantez

I'm seeing a couple of questions regarding the numbered charm tables on this page. Qouting this to answer those in need of answers :).

#261 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]as for sets... i want a new switch axe, and i'm fine with my hunter's armor for now. i don't like the jaggi's hat or the qurupeco's everything (seriously it's so ugly). problem is, next in line is ludroth... ugh. i want a pretty set.moltenix

:shock:

You didn't just say that! :o

it looks horrible. i might make a jaggi and upgrade it until barroth comes. not a big fan of looking like an outback meal, but it beats igloo armor and rainbow bird chieftain.

bruno!

you got a wiiU?

can i add you?

KBFloYd
well aren't i popular? :P no, you cannot, because i don't have a wii u :P i'm playing the 3DS version, don't see why i wouldn't talk about it here, since it's the same game.
#262 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
[QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i wiped the floor with the great jaggi and that bear thing. the clock didn't even tick to 5 minutes, and it's not like i had anything other than the starter switch axe to kill it. on the other hand, the qurupeco was pretty tough. i was burning through my sharpness like it was nothing >.>

I killed Winnie 2x on the capturr quest. I thought to myself 'He can take another hit or 2'.... I was wrong. Still not been online yet.

i didn't kill him, because he limped away pretty fast. i did, however, set my trap just as he walked away and went to sleep >.> killed the great jaggi on the capture quest, didn't try a second time yet.
#263 Posted by Pesantez (773 posts) -

Yo, Bruno, the Great Wroggi set looks pretty boss.

#264 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

Pesantez
i don't even know what a wroggi is... EDIT: tried looking up the wiki, it's still very incomplete >.> but the bear's armor looks nice. i might go for it instead, though i didn't get the option to craft it when i captured it (and thus got the mats).
#265 Posted by Pesantez (773 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pesantez"]

BrunoBRS

i don't even know what a wroggi is... EDIT: tried looking up the wiki, it's still very incomplete >.> but the bear's armor looks nice. i might go for it instead, though i didn't get the option to craft it when i captured it (and thus got the mats).

Remember the Guild set from Tri? Looks a lot like that.

#266 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Pesantez"]

Pesantez

:o well TBH i got curious and looked it up before you got the chance to reply :P but how long until i can get one? the hunter armor has been surprisingly resilient so far (or maybe i'm just that much better at the game now), but i can't stick to it forever. not remembering how i get my hands on armorstones doesn't help >.> talking about not remembering stuff, what the f*ck is the ingredient for health boost? i could swear it was dairy products, but those increase stamina, not health.
#267 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i wiped the floor with the great jaggi and that bear thing. the clock didn't even tick to 5 minutes, and it's not like i had anything other than the starter switch axe to kill it. on the other hand, the qurupeco was pretty tough. i was burning through my sharpness like it was nothing >.>

i didn't kill him, because he limped away pretty fast. i did, however, set my trap just as he walked away and went to sleep >.> killed the great jaggi on the capture quest, didn't try a second time yet.

I went chasing him like a crazy fool as i was blood thirsty lol. Hard to see where the threshold is on Winnie the pooh. Well i suppose i have time to learn. I've just finished 'deadliest catch' Dunno why but have the monsters become easier? My next 2 missions are a Royal pain and Leading the charge.... In a couple of hours as been up all night playing it.
#268 Posted by nini200 (9931 posts) -

Well, Almost done with the 5 star quests. Lol

I don't usually go online until after I've defeated offline.

#269 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
[QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="dobzilian"] I killed Winnie 2x on the capturr quest. I thought to myself 'He can take another hit or 2'.... I was wrong. Still not been online yet.

I went chasing him like a crazy fool as i was blood thirsty lol. Hard to see where the threshold is on Winnie the pooh. Well i suppose i have time to learn. I've just finished 'deadliest catch' Dunno why but have the monsters become easier? My next 2 missions are a Royal pain and Leading the charge.... In a couple of hours as been up all night playing it.

i'm not sure if they nerfed the monsters or if we just got too good at it lol. third option would be "switchaxe is OP", because holy sh!t this thing can kill.
#270 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] i didn't kill him, because he limped away pretty fast. i did, however, set my trap just as he walked away and went to sleep >.> killed the great jaggi on the capture quest, didn't try a second time yet.

i'm not sure if they nerfed the monsters or if we just got too good at it lol. third option would be "switchaxe is OP", because holy sh!t this thing can kill.

I'm using S&S and Dual Swords currently as.... I picked a random weapon by having my eyes closed. Yeah i use to love my lagi switch axe and lagi gear, ohhh i miss you lagi gear. I think after i've done all Rank 3 missions i will start putting effort into gear as fighting in hot pants is not the look i want lol.
#271 Posted by Pesantez (773 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pesantez"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] i don't even know what a wroggi is... EDIT: tried looking up the wiki, it's still very incomplete >.> but the bear's armor looks nice. i might go for it instead, though i didn't get the option to craft it when i captured it (and thus got the mats).BrunoBRS

:o well TBH i got curious and looked it up before you got the chance to reply :P but how long until i can get one? the hunter armor has been surprisingly resilient so far (or maybe i'm just that much better at the game now), but i can't stick to it forever. not remembering how i get my hands on armorstones doesn't help >.> talking about not remembering stuff, what the f*ck is the ingredient for health boost? i could swear it was dairy products, but those increase stamina, not health.

In TriU, you naturally have 50 defense. You can pretty much take out the early bosses naked if you wanted to. Armorstones or armorpheres? To get armorstones, you have to send your fishing fleet to the Pirates Tomb in Tri. Armorspheres can obtained by combining an armorstone with a machalite ore or by randomly getting them from gather quests. You can also mine for them in the Volcano. In Tri, meat ingredients were for a health boost, while drinks were for attack and grain was for stamina respectively. #walkingwiki

#272 Posted by Pesantez (773 posts) -

[QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] i didn't kill him, because he limped away pretty fast. i did, however, set my trap just as he walked away and went to sleep >.> killed the great jaggi on the capture quest, didn't try a second time yet.BrunoBRS

LR monsters are definitely cake compared to their Tri versions. Just wait til you meet the sad excuse for Barroth lol.

#273 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
Since yesterday i've clocked 10 Hours. ohhh lordy lordy lord... Bugger it, its sleep time.
#274 Posted by aroxx_ab (10467 posts) -

Oh no!! I just realized they changed a lot of the armor skills... :cry:

Peco lost Evasion and Def Up and Recovery Up and gained a bunch of stuff I don't care about.

Hmm, now what am I gonna use :?

Edit: Guess i'll use a temporary Jaggi set for now. Attack Up is always nice I suppose.

moltenix

It also looks like they changed how long swords power up works now:|

#275 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
Barroth was easy... had to use 4 mega potions sadly. only another 100 left :-(
#276 Posted by 45dragoons (20 posts) -
just asking dos any one know if high rank armor def is the same as the g rank armor def... I am trying to figure out if I cross combine the two armor types for select skills if it will bite me in the butt. as where I don't have the game yet just wondering.
#277 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
If anyone wants to be added to the 'PLAYER LIST' put a message on here or PM me thanks. If wanna add me my ID is dobzilian on NN and ongame.
#278 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Pesantez"]

Pesantez

In TriU, you naturally have 50 defense. You can pretty much take out the early bosses naked if you wanted to. Armorstones or armorpheres? To get armorstones, you have to send your fishing fleet to the Pirates Tomb in Tri. Armorspheres can obtained by combining an armorstone with a machalite ore or by randomly getting them from gather quests. You can also mine for them in the Volcano. In Tri, meat ingredients were for a health boost, while drinks were for attack and grain was for stamina respectively. #walkingwiki

well in tri U, meat is attack, and i can't find what boosts HP. i've found freaking thunder resistance (because jellyfish is apparently an ingredient), but i can't find health. i wonder if the only way to boost health now is with ingredients that have stars. so basically, i can't go around upgrading a set early on, unless i farm the things with the fishing boats (which seem more interesting in finding eggs) or gather missions... lovely. now to find out how i can get a better switchaxe that doesn't look like a stupid hammer, and that isn't an upgraded bone axe. and to find out how to get wroggi armor, because i haven't seen the damn thing yet.
#279 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
Dumb Ass question... How the hell do i play online?
#280 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
Dumb Ass question... How the hell do i play online?dobzilian
talk to neko (means cat) and ask to be taken to the port. you can go there solo too if you want.
#281 Posted by aroxx_ab (10467 posts) -

Lol dmn this game is sick, forgot time playing...first game session 18hours :oops:

#282 Posted by thetravman (3535 posts) -

I'm about to face off Ceadous , I have a set of 5 different dual swords fully upgraded in low rank, farm and boats are fully upgraded, stocked up on staggerfish (for bombs), Megapotions, Ancient potions, traps, flash bombs, horns, and other things. I am overly prepared for online. :P Too bad I won't get the U version until end of next month.

#283 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

I'm about to face off Ceadous , I have a set of 5 different dual swords fully upgraded in low rank, farm and boats are fully upgraded, stocked up on staggerfish (for bombs), Megapotions, Ancient potions, traps, flash bombs, horns, and other things. I am overly prepared for online. :P Too bad I won't get the U version until end of next month.

thetravman
dear god man. but you know you can do the multiplayer missions yourself right?
#284 Posted by thetravman (3535 posts) -

[QUOTE="thetravman"]

BrunoBRS

dear god man. but you know you can do the multiplayer missions yourself right?

I'd rather not.

#285 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
surprising how many users where online earlier...
#286 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4714 posts) -

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]

What is everyone talking about with numbered tables?

BrunoBRS

what?

I keep hearing everyone talking about the game (not just here though) talking about getting Table 4, Table 10, etc.

#287 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]What is everyone talking about with numbered tables?bonesawisready5
what?

I keep hearing everyone talking about the game (not just here though) talking about getting Table 4, Table 10, etc.

when creating a room you go through these options. for instance i've gone 'freeplay01 > lobby06> Kill&Grill'

#288 Posted by Pesantez (773 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]

What is everyone talking about with numbered tables?

bonesawisready5

what?

Did you see the guide I posted?

#289 Posted by 45dragoons (20 posts) -

Pesantez
I think if you put it in to your sig so when ever you post people will see the link. but for others out there here. http://www.club1kjho.com/t313-everything-about-charm-tables-with-step-by-step-video < go to this site to learn about the tables. charms are like extra skill points to an armor set. so having a table that caters to your fav kind of class is a good thing.
#290 Posted by Pesantez (773 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pesantez"]

45dragoons

I think if you put it in to your sig so when ever you post people will see the link. but for others out there here. http://www.club1kjho.com/t313-everything-about-charm-tables-with-step-by-step-video < go to this site to learn about the tables. charms are like extra skill points to an armor set. so having a table that caters to your fav kind of class is a good thing.

Lol... I've posted it twice already. If anything, maybe it can be added to the OP considering how important it is.

#291 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
Will add later on if thats alright?
#292 Posted by Pesantez (773 posts) -

Will add later on if thats alright?dobzilian

It's fine. His channel was in the Tri OP, wouldn't mind seeing it in this ones.

#293 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]Will add later on if thats alright?Pesantez

It's fine. His channel was in the Tri OP, wouldn't mind seeing it in this ones.

I'll be updating afterwards. Its just my laptop was screwed up for the past several weeks and could not be bothered to restore it to factory settings until yesterday.
#294 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
copypasted from the SW thread: spent most of yesterday playing multiplayer with a friend who had less than an hour of game lol. kinda annoyed that the weakest monster available to fight on multiplayer is a qurupeco that summons a f*cking rathian to help, or a R.Ludroth. or the gobul, though it technically should be tougher than those two. no jaggis, wroggis, arzuros (or whatever the bear is called), nothing. and despite spending so much time playing the game yesterday, we couldn't move to HR 2. also, i just realized that there are NO sub-missions in the game, at all. WTF? i loved those, and now there aren't any.
#295 Posted by 45dragoons (20 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]copypasted from the SW thread: spent most of yesterday playing multiplayer with a friend who had less than an hour of game lol. kinda annoyed that the weakest monster available to fight on multiplayer is a qurupeco that summons a f*cking rathian to help, or a R.Ludroth. or the gobul, though it technically should be tougher than those two. no jaggis, wroggis, arzuros (or whatever the bear is called), nothing. and despite spending so much time playing the game yesterday, we couldn't move to HR 2. also, i just realized that there are NO sub-missions in the game, at all. WTF? i loved those, and now there aren't any.

you tried the mh wikia to find out what quests are the key quests??
#296 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
[QUOTE="45dragoons"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]copypasted from the SW thread: spent most of yesterday playing multiplayer with a friend who had less than an hour of game lol. kinda annoyed that the weakest monster available to fight on multiplayer is a qurupeco that summons a f*cking rathian to help, or a R.Ludroth. or the gobul, though it technically should be tougher than those two. no jaggis, wroggis, arzuros (or whatever the bear is called), nothing. and despite spending so much time playing the game yesterday, we couldn't move to HR 2. also, i just realized that there are NO sub-missions in the game, at all. WTF? i loved those, and now there aren't any.

you tried the mh wikia to find out what quests are the key quests??

nope, but we were both wearing hunter armor, and our best weapon sharpness was still yellow. we weren't about to take down a rathian or a barroth.
#297 Posted by 45dragoons (20 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="45dragoons"] you tried the mh wikia to find out what quests are the key quests??

nope, but we were both wearing hunter armor, and our best weapon sharpness was still yellow. we weren't about to take down a rathian or a barroth.

ahh why let that slow yeah down :D lol *is the crazy hunter who would yell leeroy Jenkins*
#298 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="45dragoons"] you tried the mh wikia to find out what quests are the key quests?? 45dragoons

ahh why let that slow yeah down :D lol *is the crazy hunter who would yell leeroy Jenkins*

well we tried to take down a qurupeco twice while a rathian tried to kill us, and it wasn't going so well lol.

on an unrelated note, i just realized that the wroggi helm is not an option for me to craft, but the rest of the armor is :/ anyone know what's up with that?

EDIT: nevermind lol, i was missing a king's beak, which is probably a rare drop.

#299 Posted by 45dragoons (20 posts) -
the wroggi help might need pieces from the smaller ones. have you tried harvesting from them?? or it might be a rare piece you still need to get. edit: nvm he figured it out o3o.... I cant wait to get this game... GRAAAWR! three more days.....
#300 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

Sorted. Charm List added to the equation.

Updated The original topic.