Monster Hunter Tri U. General discussion / Player List !! Lets get hunting !!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
^ it's an important feature if you don't have good camera control (like the 3DS version)BrunoBRS
I'D probably brought the Analog Attachment. I've seen them in my Local Game shops here in UK for £8.
#52 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

Monster Hunter Ultimate's online is confirmed to be regiion locked for those who wanted to know. You can check Siliconera for the article.

#53 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

Monster Hunter Ultimate's online is confirmed to be regiion locked for those who wanted to know. You can check Siliconera for the article.

FlamesOfGrey
Thanks http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/07/monster-hunter-3-ultimates-online-multiplayer-is-region-locked/
#54 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]^ it's an important feature if you don't have good camera control (like the 3DS version)dobzilian
I'D probably brought the Analog Attachment. I've seen them in my Local Game shops here in UK for £8.

i'll be caught dead before carrying my 3DS XL (which i technically don't own until monday) with that thing. might as well carry a wii u pad.

#55 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

[QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]^ it's an important feature if you don't have good camera control (like the 3DS version)BrunoBRS

i'll be caught dead before carrying my 3DS XL (which i technically don't own until monday) with that thing. might as well carry a wii u pad.

I only own the pathetic normal 3DS. I'd not be caught with carrying everything as i'd need my martial arts holdall which i can fit a small kid in (dunno why i tried it). Yeah it be lighter most likely aswell.
#56 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

[QUOTE="dobzilian"] I'D probably brought the Analog Attachment. I've seen them in my Local Game shops here in UK for £8. dobzilian

I only own the pathetic normal 3DS. I'd not be caught with carrying everything as i'd need my martial arts holdall which i can fit a small kid in (dunno why i tried it). Yeah it be lighter most likely aswell.

oh don't feel bad, i carry small kids in bags all the time. ...wait did i say that out loud.
#57 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
which monsters people looking forward to hunting?
#58 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
which monsters people looking forward to hunting?dobzilian
whatever new enemies they added to D.Island and Desert. something about the volcano annoys me, and tundra reminds me too much of barioth, which is f*cking impossible to solo :P
#59 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -
[QUOTE="dobzilian"]which monsters people looking forward to hunting?BrunoBRS
whatever new enemies they added to D.Island and Desert. something about the volcano annoys me, and tundra reminds me too much of barioth, which is f*cking impossible to solo :P

I took me a good several hours and about a dozen deaths to take down barioth solo with a hammer. I've never even attempted it since. Tundra, volcano, and desert are all annoying because of the constant stamina leaching. Island and Forest are much better, if it wasn't for all the water. You're just never fighting under ideal conditions. But I guess that's the appeal.
#60 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4867 posts) -

I can't wait to solo Hungry Deviljho.

#61 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="dobzilian"]which monsters people looking forward to hunting?meetroid8

I took me a good several hours and about a dozen deaths to take down barioth solo with a hammer. I've never even attempted it since. Tundra, volcano, and desert are all annoying because of the constant stamina leaching. Island and Forest are much better, if it wasn't for all the water. You're just never fighting under ideal conditions. But I guess that's the appeal.

i don't mind the water on island, because the zones are big and expansive, with a lot of room for movement. on forest, however, they're tight and hard to navigate. actually all of forest is too tight >.> the stamina leeching is easily solved by the drinks, so that's not a problem for me.
#62 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4867 posts) -

i don't mind the water on island, because the zones are big and expansive, with a lot of room for movement. on forest, however, they're tight and hard to navigate. actually all of forest is too tight BrunoBRS
And it's also harder to see underwater in the Flooded Forest. :x

#63 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] i don't mind the water on island, because the zones are big and expansive, with a lot of room for movement. on forest, however, they're tight and hard to navigate. actually all of forest is too tight ANIMEguy10034

And it's also harder to see underwater in the Flooded Forest. :x

it's hard to see in flooded forest, period. even when it's not raining, visibility is sh!t.
#64 Posted by SoAmazingBaby (2792 posts) -

Why are you doing this?

It's the same game that was on the Wii

Jaysonguy
is it?
#65 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Why are you doing this?

It's the same game that was on the Wii

SoAmazingBaby
is it?

Yeah, with a ton of extra content.
#66 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
We are hours away from the Demo.
#67 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11543 posts) -
Any word when the XL CPP will release in the States? I think I remember reading that it arrived in Europe the same day as MH3U but no mention of the US
#68 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
Any word when the XL CPP will release in the States? I think I remember reading that it arrived in Europe the same day as MH3U but no mention of the USKaze_no_Mirai
I've heard nothing about it either. OH and 4.5 Hours to Demo. I wonder will my save file on the Demo carry over to the actual game?
#69 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4867 posts) -

I wonder will my save file on the Demo carry over to the actual game?dobzilian
I think it's the same demo as the one released in Japan in 2011. If it is, then the answer is no.

#70 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="dobzilian"] I wonder will my save file on the Demo carry over to the actual game?ANIMEguy10034

I think it's the same demo as the one released in Japan in 2011. If it is, then the answer is no.

because it isn't really just the beginning of the game, you'll already have predetermined gear and hunts, right?
#71 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
download available
#72 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
Man, the Wii U demo was awesome. Enjoyed it more than the 3DS one.
#73 Posted by nini200 (10097 posts) -
I am HIGHLY upset at this game atm. WHERE THE F*** IS WIIMOTE SUPPORT?!?!? I can not play this game without WiiMote Support. I just tried the gamepad setup and it is HORRIBLE!!! I'm just hoping that Capcom adds WiiMote controls into the final version of this game. If not, I will have to pull away from this game.
#74 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

Anyone notice the frozen cave areas do not need to have torches light the places up? Use to have to light up the area previously.

I am HIGHLY upset at this game atm. WHERE THE F*** IS WIIMOTE SUPPORT?!?!? I can not play this game without WiiMote Support. I just tried the gamepad setup and it is HORRIBLE!!! I'm just hoping that Capcom adds WiiMote controls into the final version of this game. If not, I will have to pull away from this game.nini200

I never played with the wii-mote. I brought the game and pad package

#75 Posted by nini200 (10097 posts) -

Anyone notice the frozen cave areas do not need to have torches light the places up? Use to have to light up the area previously.

dobzilian
I actually hope they readd that. That added tension to the game.
#76 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
[QUOTE="dobzilian"]

nini200

I thought it maybe due to it being the Demo and not having the torch in your inventory.
#77 Posted by nini200 (10097 posts) -
[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="dobzilian"]

dobzilian

I thought it maybe due to it being the Demo and not having the torch in your inventory.

Possibly so. Hopefully some things are readded to the final version. I'm having pure H*** trying to play with the Gamepad. I used WiiMote for tri.
#78 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="nini200"] I actually hope they readd that. That added tension to the game.

Possibly so. Hopefully some things are readded to the final version. I'm having pure H*** trying to play with the Gamepad. I used WiiMote for tri.

Its like learning to ride a bike again i suppose, sadly i never knew how to ride one.
#79 Posted by nini200 (10097 posts) -
[QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="dobzilian"] I thought it maybe due to it being the Demo and not having the torch in your inventory.

Its like learning to ride a bike again i suppose, sadly i never knew how to ride one.

Yeah it is. I'm trying to get used to it though. Hopefully custom button mapping will be allowed in the final version.
#80 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="dobzilian"]

dobzilian

dude, it's in the OP you've written. there are no more pitch black areas, but torch is still an item. boggles me why you'd need one though.
#81 Posted by enrique_marrodz (2107 posts) -
Both demos are just great! I'm having some problems playing without my trusty Wiimote, but it is still a blast! For the 3DS one is a little harder as there are no way to adjust the camera but I'm getting the handle of the touch controls which may be helpful in the long run. Again, I'm still very used to play using the Wiimote+Nunchuck so, the camera was never a problem. I hope to adapt quick to these two new set ups. Can't wait for the full game in March!!
#82 Posted by nini200 (10097 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="nini200"] I actually hope they readd that. That added tension to the game.

dude, it's in the OP you've written. there are no more pitch black areas, but torch is still an item. boggles me why you'd need one though.

I just really used to like chasing the Jaggi's with them lol it was fun seeing them run for their lives lol
#83 Posted by nini200 (10097 posts) -
[QUOTE="enrique_marrodz"]Both demos are just great! I'm having some problems playing without my trusty Wiimote, but it is still a blast! For the 3DS one is a little harder as there are no way to adjust the camera but I'm getting the handle of the touch controls which may be helpful in the long run. Again, I'm still very used to play using the Wiimote+Nunchuck so, the camera was never a problem. I hope to adapt quick to these two new set ups. Can't wait for the full game in March!!

Same here. The omission of the WiiMote is a major bummer in my book but I'm giving the gamepad a shot though. Hopefully Custom button mapping is available in the final version. I'm cautious about my purchase now though. I'll have to wait and see what the final version holds for this game before I purchase it now.
#84 Posted by manicfoot (2635 posts) -

I played the Wii U demo and quite enjoyed it. It was my first time playing MH and I found taking down the 'novice' monster quite challenging. I enjoyed working out when to attack and when to dodge out of the way.

What I didn't like is the constant loading between zones. It's quite jarring and ruins the immersion, making each zone feel disconnected from the others.

#85 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="nini200"] I actually hope they readd that. That added tension to the game.

I have alzheimers.... Good excuse aye lol
#86 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
One thing which i thought would not concern me much but actually does as the Football is on. I cannot play specificly on the controller.
#87 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

There's no more black areas? YES!! :D Screw tension.. I always thought those places were annoying.

I wish I had a Wii U... that version looks awesome. Playing on a big screen with a comfy pro controller... :shock: Only 3DS version for me.

#88 Posted by enrique_marrodz (2107 posts) -

I played the Wii U demo and quite enjoyed it. It was my first time playing MH and I found taking down the 'novice' monster quite challenging. I enjoyed working out when to attack and when to dodge out of the way.

What I didn't like is the constant loading between zones. It's quite jarring and ruins the immersion, making each zone feel disconnected from the others.

manicfoot
Yes, I believe that, if the version was an actual Wii U game that could be solved, but is like a remastered version of the Wii one. I dislike that too although, I may admit, that saved my life more than once, when I got kicked out of the area by a monster and had enough time to recover myself :P
#89 Posted by enrique_marrodz (2107 posts) -

There's no more black areas? YES!! :D Screw tension.. I always thought those places were annoying.

I wish I had a Wii U... that version looks awesome. Playing on a big screen with a comfy pro controller... :shock: Only 3DS version for me.

moltenix
3DS version looks awesome! This reinforces my believing that 3DS is pretty close to Wii graphical power, if not better in some features.
#90 Posted by enrique_marrodz (2107 posts) -
[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="enrique_marrodz"]Both demos are just great! I'm having some problems playing without my trusty Wiimote, but it is still a blast! For the 3DS one is a little harder as there are no way to adjust the camera but I'm getting the handle of the touch controls which may be helpful in the long run. Again, I'm still very used to play using the Wiimote+Nunchuck so, the camera was never a problem. I hope to adapt quick to these two new set ups. Can't wait for the full game in March!!

Same here. The omission of the WiiMote is a major bummer in my book but I'm giving the gamepad a shot though. Hopefully Custom button mapping is available in the final version. I'm cautious about my purchase now though. I'll have to wait and see what the final version holds for this game before I purchase it now.

I have no doubt, especially as the Wii servers are going down. But I'll miss the Wiimote support if it's not there when the final game launches
#91 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

[QUOTE="moltenix"]

enrique_marrodz

3DS version looks awesome! This reinforces my believing that 3DS is pretty close to Wii graphical power, if not better in some features.

The 3DS version is pretty good too, i'm enjoying the demo. My only complaint is that my hands feel kinda cramped on my regular 3DS after a long battle. Wish I had an XL. Dangit, why doesn't North America get a MH3U XL bundle like everywhere else.

#92 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
greatswords: no infinicombo :( kinda clunky to play now, even for GS standards SnS: still a noob-friendly weapon dual swords: holy sh!t this thing's OP. bow: HOW DO I USE THIS THING. i don't seem to be hitting anything, i can't seem to apply arrow coatings, and it doesn't seem like i'm doing any damage :/ playing on 3DS, game looks and plays much better than i could have possibly expected.
#93 Posted by moltenix (2487 posts) -

Darn you Plesioth and silly underwater 3DS controls! :evil:

#94 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
X+A to apply your bow coating. kind of silly how it doesn't automatically pick the coating based on which one you chose, but i guess there needs to be something to compensate the lack of reload. now that i got the hang of it, bow is much more fun than bowgun.
#95 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
Dual Swords = love.
#96 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -
Dual Swords = love.Haziqonfire
so f*cking OP. and underwater controls on the 3DS will take A LOT of getting used to.
#97 Posted by Nitrowing (217 posts) -

dual swords: holy sh!t this thing's OP. .BrunoBRS
lol I can already see 3 dual swords with a Hunting horn support to give them the unlimited stamina buff so much dps.

#98 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]dual swords: holy sh!t this thing's OP. .Nitrowing

lol I can already see 3 dual swords with a Hunting horn support to give them the unlimited stamina buff so much dps.

HEY. IT'S YOU. turns out you were NOT abducted by aliens. good to know.
#99 Posted by Nitrowing (217 posts) -

HEY. IT'S YOU. turns out you were NOT abducted by aliens. good to know.BrunoBRS

Yeah I been playing less and less of everything lately just so burnt out atm.

#100 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
dual swords a sexxehhhh....