Monster Hunter Tri U. General discussion / Player List !! Lets get hunting !!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

1024.jpg?md=1359929213000

Release Dates :
World Wide Release.

Box Art : 
1024.jpg?md=1359933337000

General Information : 

(Taken From Wikipedia)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate  is an expansion of the Wii title Monster Hunter 3 (Tri), released on the Nintendo 3DS alongside a Wii U version that supports 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p resolution graphical output. The game has been confirmed to arrive by Capcom's Dubindoh from Capcom-Unity. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is scheduled to be released in North America and Europe during March 2013.
th?id=H.4532853528266660&pid=15.1

• The 3DS version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is known as Monster Hunter 3G in Japan.
  • The Wii U version is known as Monster Hunter 3G HD Version in Japan.
  • The underwater features that were not present in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd return in this game.
  • The 3DS and Wii U versions are able to connect and play together locally.Savegames can be shared between the two versions, but saves from different regions cannot be transfered to another country's release. 3G's save cannot be transfered to Ultimate, or vice-versa.
  • Online play is supported only on Wii U. This feature is not present on the 3DS version, which only has local multiplayer support.
  • Monster Hunter 3G on 3DS scored a 38/40 (10/10/9/9) from the reviewers at Famitsu.
  • The HD Version on Wii U got a 35/40 (9/9/8/9). 

th?id=H.5065244729673558&pid=15.1

• Another Shakalaka called Kayamba (Check above) is able to join hunts. At first, Kayamba is not at very good terms withCha-Cha though the two eventually become friends. Both can join the hunter in the single-player campaign, similarly to the Felyne comrades in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd. When heading into Tanjia Port, the multiplayer mode, both Shakalakas can be taken along if the player isn't playing wirelessly with a friend. When playing with another person, the hunters are allowed to bring either Cha-Cha or Kayamba, as long as the total amount of participants doesn't exceed 4.
  • A new feature called Target Camera allows hunters to center the camera on nearby large monsters instead of the direction they are currently facing by pressing the L Button. This feature is optional and can be toggled via the bottom screen. If the L button is pressed twice in succession, the camera shifts behind the hunter as normal. MH4 director Kaname Fujioka has revealed that the Target Camera system was implemented into 3U as an experiment and that a further modified version would be used in Monster Hunter 4.
  • The bottom touch-sensitive screen can be customized to access various kinds of info and menus. All information (health bar, map etc.) can be optionally displayed on this screen, freeing up space from the top screen. Items can also be easily used or combined this way.
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is the first game in the franchise to feature dynamic shadows (i.e., realistic shadows which are of the same shape as the character casting them). The game does temporarily switch to the previous round shadows when flying monsters are high up or moving to another area.
  • The Mountain Stream area from Monster Hunter Portable 3rd returns.
  • All 12 weapons types present in MHP3rd return in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  • The Dual Sword, Gunlance, Hunting Horn, and Bow weapon classes can be used underwater for the first time.

th?id=H.4662913730544293&pid=15.1 

• Similarly to MHP3rd, Bowguns are split between Light and Heavy types, omitting the Medium type and unique customization present in Tri. The Bowguns' attributes can still be customized but the parts cannot be changed, much like with Bowgun kits in Monster Hunter Tri.
  • The city of Loc Lac from Monster Hunter Tri is replaced with Tanjia Port.
  • Supports local wireless multiplayer via multicard play and SpotPass but not single card Download Play.[4]Online multiplayer is not supported. Event Quests can be downloaded online and are accessible from Tanjia Port at any time once downloaded, like in the PSP games.
  • Village Quests now have High Rank equivalents. These quests include some of the subspecies from MHP3rd and Brachydios first appears here.
  • Several of the returning monsters' G-Level armors look different and they provide skill points towards different skills.
  • Features from Monster Hunter Tri that were not present in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd return to this game.
  • Free Hunt mode in the Deserted Island where resource points can be earned.
  • Before you begin Free Hunt, you can choose whether you want to hunt during the day or at night. The daytime setting is largely the same as in Tri but the nighttime version has High Rank monsters and materials.
  • In addition to the monsters encountered in Free Hunt mode in Monster Hunter Tri, different monsters can be encountered at night. Examples of new monsters and subspecies that were not previously found in the Deserted Island such as Barroth, Dosufurogi, Brachydios, Great Baggi and Black Diablos can be hunted for resource points this way.
    th?id=H.4555711394218134&pid=15.1 

• Moga Farm is the farm area of the game, and is identical in appearance to the version found in Monster Hunter Tri. However, some items that were previously unable to be cultivated, such as Thunderbugs, can now be left the task of the Felyne helpers.
  • The Torch item is again found in Supply Boxes and outside Moga Village in Free Hunt mode, though all the previously dark areas now have normal lighting like in Portable 3rd.
  • Dragonblight, a status ailment absent from Portable 3rd returns in this game.
  • Unlike Monster Hunter 3, Dragonblight now gets rid of your element instead of taking your affinity.
  • Unlike in Monster Hunter 3, in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate you start out with basic Leather Armor and one of every weapon type in your item box, similarly to how players started with Mafumofu Armor and basic weaponry in Monster Hunter Freedom 2 and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

th?id=H.4619998436262203&pid=15.1
Cross Play Via Wii-U and 3DS

th?id=H.4741975499670977&pid=15.1
How it looks on 3DS

th?id=H.4556037782176126&pid=15.1
How it looks on Wii-U 

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dobzilian

The Weapons :

1024.jpg?md=1359932635000

The Monsters : Ultimate Edition (3DS & Wii-U)

5555235520121015221203088.jpg

Video Footage :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TT-pZiFKEI - Zinogre Footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLvFFYS-e94 - Lagombi Footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqYa5Fvzw24 - rangurota footage (long Video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28YSKd6atlM - Presentation in HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgKgA8Ubjmc - 1080P footage

How much Content is on Tri Ultimate :

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2013/03/15/just-how-big-is-monster-hunter-3-ultimate

Charm Table (Guide) :

http://www.club1kjho.com/t313-everything-about-charm-tables-with-step-by-step-video

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Why are you doing this?

It's the same game that was on the Wii

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

Why are you doing this?

Jaysonguy

1. Loads of new content

2. Coz he, and many others, want a thread like this. Myself included.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dobzilian

photo playerlist-1.jpg

Dobzilian
Angel_Shiranui

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bonesawisready5

Can't wait to pick up the game on March 19th. Getting it for Wii U. 

Good work Dobzilian!

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dobzilian

Can't wait to pick up the game on March 19th. Getting it for Wii U. 

Good work Dobzilian!

bonesawisready5
I will be doing the same several days later on EU release date. Thanks. Its my 1st time doing any kind of constructive Threads on here. I'll add more to it at a later date as its 2am now and been toying with it since 11pm.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Why are you doing this?

dobzilian

Why are you doing this? Posting exactly the same none sense as usual. If dislike the topic then go elsewhere its that simple.

I don't dislike it, well besides you adding the 3DS that has no business here and suggest you remove it. I can live with the grammatical mistakes here and there.

But I don't understand, this is just an HD remake of the one for the Wii

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

well, if you'll be in charge of the official thread here, YOU BETTER LIVE UP TO THE ORIGINAL.

that thing survived two years.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="dobzilian"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Why are you doing this?

Jaysonguy

Why are you doing this? Posting exactly the same none sense as usual. If dislike the topic then go elsewhere its that simple.

I don't dislike it, well besides you adding the 3DS that has no business here and suggest you remove it. I can live with the grammatical mistakes here and there.

it's not an HD remake. it's to monster hunter tri what super street fighter IV arcade edition is to street fighter IV vanilla.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

File:MH Size Chart.jpg

Most of the monsters in the image above are not present in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I would replace it with this image:

Good thread nonetheless.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BrunoBRS

Most of the monsters in the image above are not present in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I would replace it with this image:

Good thread nonetheless.

ANIMEguy10034
oh god, jhen has a brother. i'll farm the sh!t out of him, such an amazing battle.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ANIMEguy10034

oh god, jhen has a brother. i'll farm the sh!t out of him, such an amazing battle.BrunoBRS

I can't wait to get hit by Jhen's new sand burp. :D

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] oh god, jhen has a brother. i'll farm the sh!t out of him, such an amazing battle.ANIMEguy10034

I can't wait to get hit by Jhen's new sand burp. :D

that's not jhen, it's his purple brother. and holy crap, it's like a hyper beam of sand.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts
So this is a remake with extra content? I dont follow the game and only interested because I got a Wiiu.
CcJj09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CcJj09
Member since 2007 • 15268 Posts

Can't wait to get sucked back into the world of Monster Hunter Tri :P!

Nitrowing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nitrowing
Member since 2005 • 217 Posts

Any info if the Wii U version will support voice chat if so hunts will be easier to coodinate with voice chat than typing.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ANIMEguy10034
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] that's not jhen, it's his purple brother. and holy crap, it's like a hyper beam of sand.

Still part of the Jhen family. :P Normal Jhen can also burp, but I couldn't find the video of it.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ANIMEguy10034

Any info if the Wii U version will support voice chat if so hunts will be easier to coodinate with voice chat than typing.

Nitrowing
It does support voice chat.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dobzilian

well, if you'll be in charge of the official thread here, YOU BETTER LIVE UP TO THE ORIGINAL.

that thing survived two years.

BrunoBRS

I've been a GS user for a couple years i just forgot passwords to my accounts lol. will add that MH monsters pic now and start addressing other issues also which i did not notice at 1st. i should of at least copped the 3rd post so i could created a NN part for MH players...

EDIT : Oh i seee.... lol.  Just looked.  Oopsy.  I get you now.   

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dobzilian

Nitrowing

also supports keyboard.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate releases on 22nd March, Capcom has announced.

That's for Europe. In North America it releases on 19th March.

Capcom said the game will also be available as a download on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U around the 22nd March.

A demo releases on 21st February for Wii U and 3DS. The Wii U version supports Voice Chat for online multiplayer via the GamePad microphone so you don't have to let go of the controller to communicate with fellow players. If you prefer Text Chat you can use the Wii U GamePad touch-screen or a USB keyboard.

Capcom said it will turn off the Monster Hunter Tri servers for Wii on 30th April 2013 as a result of the release of Ultimate.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-17-monster-hunter-3-ultimate-release-date-demo-announced

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"] 50% extra content at that (Apparently) I played Monster Hunter Tri a little bit, but I never owned it. I will be getting this wii u version and I simply can't wait :D

Why are you doing this?

Jaysonguy

Its just a small bit of additonal information and its quite relevant at that. It IS the same game just a port on the 3DS.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dobzilian

Good thread nonetheless.

ANIMEguy10034
Thanks for that. I thought it looked a bit empty.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BrunoBRS
So this is a remake with extra content? I dont follow the game and only interested because I got a Wiiu. Heil68
in 2010, capcom released monster hunter 3. in 2011 i believe, they cut a bunch of features from it (like underwater combat), added some other stuff to it (like weapons that weren't on tri and a new map), and released monster hunter portable 3rd for the PSP. in 2012, they grabbed all the content from the original MH3, added the stuff from portable 3rd, added a crapton of new armors and monsters, and released monster hunter 3G for the 3DS. now in 2013, monster hunter 3G is finally being released in the west, under the name "monster hunter 3 ultimate". as an added bonus, capcom made an HD port for the wii u that actually supports online play (a feature that only the original MH3 had). is that confusing? :P
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BrunoBRS

oh and before i forget, this thread hasn't seen my monster hunter figure yet.

GREATSWORD, REPRESENT!

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff51/brunobrs/Imagem432.jpg

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BrunoBRS

ANIMEguy10034

TRIPLR POST YAY.

i just realized... why isn't rathian flying like its two siblings? it's just sitting there, between hair metal ludroth and... another rathalos. why are there two rathalos on the picture?

also is there a bigger version of this pic?

EDIT: found it. it wasn't a second rathalos, just a pink rathian. gotta love them reskins.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ANIMEguy10034

The Monsters :Wii Version

dobzilian

I should have also mentioned that the picture is from the original Monster Hunter on the PS2. :P
Most of the monsters in the picture (Velociprey, Velocidrome, Bullfango, Vespoid, Cephalos, Cephadrome, Yian Kut Ku, Gypceros, Plesioth, Gravios, and Lao Shen Lung) are not in Monster Hunter 3, but Plesioth and Bullfango return in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and Yian Kut Ku, Gypceros, and Velociprey & Velocidrome make a return in Monster Hunter 4. 

TRIPLR POST YAY.

i just realized... why isn't rathian flying like its two siblings? it's just sitting there, between hair metal ludroth and... another rathalos. why are there two rathalos on the picture?

also is there a bigger version of this pic?

BrunoBRS

Rathian mostly fights on the ground while Rathalos mostly fights in the air (title: King of the Skies). The "another rathalos" next to Rathian is Pink Rathian, a Rathian subspecies. Rathalos also has a subspecies, Azure Rathalos, and it's the international mascot of MH3U (the Japanese mascot it Brachydios). I don't see Gold Rathian and Silver Rathalos in the picture, which are more subspecies available in Ultimate.

You want big? I'll give you big. :P

EDIT: Bruno's Ninja Edits strike again! :x

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BrunoBRS
^ should check my edit :P
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ANIMEguy10034

I shall leave this here.

4d.png

Guys, relax, they're just lifting their arms to take better pictures. Nothing controversial here. :P

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dobzilian
will update. oopsy daisy...
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BrunoBRS

I shall leave this here.

4d.png

Guys, relax, they're just lifting their arms to take better pictures. Nothing controversial here. :P

ANIMEguy10034
my 10 inch hunter > your 10ft 80's rathalos.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#32 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I've still gotta play the original on Wii... ot that I don't want to pla it, just that I'm not sure if I'm ready to committ that much time to it.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bonesawisready5

Why are you doing this?

Jaysonguy

But I don't understand, this is a thread for people who are eagerly anticipating an HD remake (with lots of new content) of a Wii game so if you don't like why not just ignore it? No one forced you to enter the thread. Infact I'm pretty sure most people in this thread would rather you not derail the discussion of the game with posts like this, so they can focus on discussing the game itself.

On-topic: I played the Tri Wii demo years ago and liked it but never bought the full game. I'm a sucker for online co-op games and looking forward to 3 Ultimate a lot. That, combined with Rayman Legends and Lego City and I'm going to be super busy in March

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 simomate

I've still gotta play the original on Wii... ot that I don't want to pla it, just that I'm not sure if I'm ready to committ that much time to it.

turtlethetaffer
You might as well skip the original as this is the same game but with improved graphics and a loads of new content. They are going to shut down the servers for the wii one soon (if they haven't already) so your best bet would be to get Ultimate.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#35 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts
[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

simomate
You might as well skip the original as this is the same game but with improved graphics and a loads of new content. They are going to shut down the servers for the wii one soon (if they haven't already) so your best bet would be to get Ultimate.

That sucks they're going to shut it down...is that confirmed though?
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Los9090
Oh I just found this http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/monster_hunter_tri_servers_to_be_shutdown_at_the_end_of_april ...I will say I haven't totally got into this game. So far finishing up the 2 Star mode and haven't really sampled the online play yet.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I'm very seriously considering buying a WiiU to play this.
ArataWata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ArataWata
Member since 2013 • 26 Posts

I got the WII U version preordered and I intend to take it out on a nice evening meal under the shining full moon on a starry night sky.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

Can't wait to pick this up after my exams in April. This game would ruin my grades if I got this on release date. :p

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 simomate
Oh I just found this http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/monster_hunter_tri_servers_to_be_shutdown_at_the_end_of_april ...I will say I haven't totally got into this game. So far finishing up the 2 Star mode and haven't really sampled the online play yet.Los9090
Yeah. Its because of Ultimate no doubt. Just get ultimate (if you have a Wii U already, of course). I personally wouldn't invest into Monster Hunter Tri as the servers are shutting down :/
ArataWata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ArataWata
Member since 2013 • 26 Posts

Yeah, they announced the servers would be closing down a long while ago.

Since they're giving up Tri's servers for Ultimate's which are being run by Nintendo and not that third party company that hosts Tri's servers it's easy to understand why they would want to take the online.

I just hope the servers allow people from NA and EU to play together, unlike in Tri where it was all region restricted.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dobzilian
I'm updating later. is their anything which i shall add to the topic? I was thinking where i reserved a spot a player list, i know its preemptive and all.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dobzilian

Since they're giving up Tri's servers for Ultimate's which are being run by Nintendo and not that third party company that hosts Tri's servers it's easy to understand why they would want to take the online.

I just hope the servers allow people from NA and EU to play together, unlike in Tri where it was all region restricted.

ArataWata
I hope so aswell. all i use to play with was french and australians in tri lol.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Los9090
[QUOTE="Los9090"]Oh I just found this http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/monster_hunter_tri_servers_to_be_shutdown_at_the_end_of_april ...I will say I haven't totally got into this game. So far finishing up the 2 Star mode and haven't really sampled the online play yet.simomate
Yeah. Its because of Ultimate no doubt. Just get ultimate (if you have a Wii U already, of course). I personally wouldn't invest into Monster Hunter Tri as the servers are shutting down :/

Should I sell it through GameStop even though it says on the back "not for resale"?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="simomate"][QUOTE="Los9090"]Oh I just found this http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/01/monster_hunter_tri_servers_to_be_shutdown_at_the_end_of_april ...I will say I haven't totally got into this game. So far finishing up the 2 Star mode and haven't really sampled the online play yet.Los9090

Should I sell it through GameStop even though it says on the back "not for resale"?

all games sell that on the back lol.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Los9090
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Los9090"][QUOTE="simomate"] Yeah. Its because of Ultimate no doubt. Just get ultimate (if you have a Wii U already, of course). I personally wouldn't invest into Monster Hunter Tri as the servers are shutting down :/

all games sell that on the back lol.

Sweet, thanks! I usually don't sell back games
svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#47 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

My body is ready!

And a toggle-able targetting camera.... it's about [bleeping] time!

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 simomate

ArataWata
Yes this!! Better not be any region restriction >.>
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dobzilian

[QUOTE="ArataWata"]

simomate

Yes this!! Better not be any region restriction >.>

Fingers crossed that it is a WW Network rather than put into regions. I should look on up if i can find any information on what the deal is.

My body is ready!

And a toggle-able targetting camera.... it's about [bleeping] time!

svaubel

It never bothered me like.  Its nice addition but not anything "Wowzer".  should make it easier for those Faster Monsters.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BrunoBRS
^ it's an important feature if you don't have good camera control (like the 3DS version)