Monster Hunter Frontier G announced for Wii U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

For Japan, anyway.

http://gematsu.com/2013/07/monster-hunter-frontier-g-coming-to-playstation-3-wii-u

This will apparently be free to download, but has a monthly online subscription fee to play. It's a bit disheartening to see the monthly fee return after MH3U had free online, but at least the game itself doesn't cost anything. I wonder if it will get localized or not.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

oh forget that just bring Monster Hunter 4 on a silver platter

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

oh forget that just bring Monster Hunter 4 on a silver platter

wiifan001

MH4 looks awesome. And if Capcom wants to do an enhanced Wii U version a year or two later, that could be interesting. I'm still enjoying MH3U quite a bit; I just recently switched weapon classes for the first time since starting this series with MH Tri for Wii. (I fear change.)

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Stop doing these ports!!! Make a WiiU ONLY Console Monster Hunter. I got bored of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate after 2 months. I thought the game could have been sooo much better if it was a NEW game. I appreciate Capcom for bringing games to the WiiU, I just really wish these Monster Hunter ports would stop and a NEW Monster Hunter made for the WiiU would come out. It COULD HAVE looked like this Monster Hunter if it was a New one.

I pray that this one gets a console release, if not, I may move to PC for my Monster Hunter experience

Keep Monster Hunter 4 on 3DS and Bring a New Monster Hunter out for WiiU.  Call it Monster Hunter Unlimited or something

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
If it's localized, it'll dump the subscription fee. It probably won't be localized though.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Stop doing these ports!!! Make a WiiU ONLY Console Monster Hunter. I got bored of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate after 2 months. I thought the game could have been sooo much better if it was a NEW game. I appreciate Capcom for bringing games to the WiiU, I just really wish these Monster Hunter ports would stop and a NEW Monster Hunter made for the WiiU would come out. It COULD HAVE looked like this Monster Hunter if it was a New one.

I pray that this one gets a console release, if not, I may move to PC for my Monster Hunter experience

Keep Monster Hunter 4 on 3DS and Bring a New Monster Hunter out for WiiU.  Call it Monster Hunter Unlimited or something

nini200

nini... your link is broken again...remove the http :P

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#7 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I want Capcom to announce a US release of Monster Hunter 4 on the 3DS before anything else. If they plan on making another Wii U version, at least make a new one. No more "HD 3DS games" please. I'm happy and content with MH3U on both the 3DS and Wii U but I'd like each system to have their own version of Monster Hunter.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
If it's localized, it'll dump the subscription fee. It probably won't be localized though. meetroid8
Its a F2P model, if it were localized without the subscription, it wouldn't be free anymore. Or at least it would be so saddled with micro-transactions that you would wish that they had just charged you.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
If it's localized, it'll dump the subscription fee. It probably won't be localized though. meetroid8
the 360 and PC versions have been around for years, so yeah, doubt it.

nini200
1- it's a PC game getting a wii u version. somehow i doubt the wii u could outperform a PC. 2- that game never came out of japan (and has region locked servers), so even if it somehow got localized, you wouldn't be able to say you've played it before, so drop that attitude. 3- a wii u monster hunter would NOT look like that.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nini200

[QUOTE="nini200"]

KBFloYd

nini... your link is broken again...remove the http :P

CRAPPIT Lol ok thanks for the heads up
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nini200

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]If it's localized, it'll dump the subscription fee. It probably won't be localized though. BrunoBRS
the 360 and PC versions have been around for years, so yeah, doubt it.

nini200

1- it's a PC game getting a wii u version. somehow i doubt the wii u could outperform a PC. 2- that game never came out of japan (and has region locked servers), so even if it somehow got localized, you wouldn't be able to say you've played it before, so drop that attitude. 3- a wii u monster hunter would NOT look like that.

1. Downscale it then.  Still would look much better than Monster Hunter 3U.

2. Region Locked servers were a problem for Monster Hunter 3U as well until they patched it so that's not an issue.  The fact that I wouldn't be able to say I've played it before is a good thing.  It means the game would be fresh again unlike 3U which was a bore after 2 months.  So drop that Thun Thun :P

3. As stated already, It may not look like that but it would surely look a heck of alot better than 3U.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BrunoBRS

1. Downscale it then.  Still would look much better than Monster Hunter 3U.

2. Region Locked servers were a problem for Monster Hunter 3U as well until they patched it so that's not an issue.  The fact that I wouldn't be able to say I've played it before is a good thing.  It means the game would be fresh again unlike 3U which was a bore after 2 months.  So drop that Thun Thun :P

3. As stated already, It may not look like that but it would surely look a heck of alot better than 3U.

nini200

1- that's not how it works. at all.

2- i brought up region locked servers to point out that there's no way in hell you've played it, because apparently your complaint with this game is that you've played it before, because it's a port.

3- 3U is just a bonus for people that don't own a 3DS. it's a 3DS game, advertised as a 3DS game, and it actually looks pretty good both on the 3DS and the wii u. since when have the nintendo fans been so picky about visuals anyway?

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
[QUOTE="meetroid8"]If it's localized, it'll dump the subscription fee. It probably won't be localized though. Sepewrath
Its a F2P model, if it were localized without the subscription, it wouldn't be free anymore. Or at least it would be so saddled with micro-transactions that you would wish that they had just charged you.

A few games have already cracked the F2P without needing any subscription or being overbearing with the micro transactions. Even so, I would expect it to have a single payment, not that it'll be localized anyway. The monthly subscription model is just too unpopular.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nini200

[QUOTE="nini200"]1. Downscale it then.  Still would look much better than Monster Hunter 3U.

BrunoBRS

2- i brought up region locked servers to point out that there's no way in hell you've played it, because apparently your complaint with this game is that you've played it before, because it's a port.

3- 3U is just a bonus for people that don't own a 3DS. it's a 3DS game, advertised as a 3DS game, and it actually looks pretty good both on the 3DS and the wii u. since when have the nintendo fans been so picky about visuals anyway?

1. Don't care, fact is, regardless of how you think it "works", it would look better then 3U.

2. Nowhere in my post did I say I've played Monster Hunter Online so I don't know where in the world you came up with that little thesis but have fun making up stuff (Also pretty hilarious how you think you know everything I've played). Fact is, regardless, Monster Hunter Online looks MUCH better than 3U in gameplay & graphics and it would have been MUCH better than releasing 3U on Console even if they did have to cut corners.

3.If you think 3U looks "good" on the WiiU, you don't need to own a WiiU. Yea it looks great on the 3DS but it looks shoddy as heck on the WiiU.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

[QUOTE="nini200"]1. Downscale it then.  Still would look much better than Monster Hunter 3U.

nini200

1. Don't care, fact is, regardless of how you think it "works", it would look better then 3U.

2. Nowhere in my post did I say I've played Monster Hunter Online so I don't know where in the world you came up with that little thesis but have fun making up stuff (Also pretty hilarious how you think you know everything I've played). Fact is, regardless, Monster Hunter Online looks MUCH better than 3U in gameplay & graphics and it would have been MUCH better than releasing 3U on Console even if they did have to cut corners.

3.If you think 3U looks "good" on the WiiU, you don't need to own a WiiU. Yea it looks great on the 3DS but it looks shoddy as heck on the WiiU.

i'm not talking about monster hunter online, which BTW it's a china-exclusive game that will remain china exclusive. i'm talking about frontier, and i quote you, "Stop doing these ports!!! Make a WiiU ONLY Console Monster Hunter". if you haven't played it, it might as well be new. but it's not like it matters, frontier won't leave japan either. also, yeah, frontier looks so much better than 3 ultimate. 3U looks fine. it's not the best looking game in the world, but then again neither are any of the wii and wii u games, and that didn't stop people from buying and enjoying them, and 3U has a clear image that's actually pretty. considering the other option is "not have the game at all" (because this wasn't developed for the wii u in the first place), i think it does the job really well.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BrunoBRS
oh and one last thing: i wouldn't hold my breath for a wii u exclusive monster hunter. monster hunter sells more on handhelds, and capcom usually only releases uprezzed expansions (like 3U) on consoles. and since monster hunter 4 is a 3DS game...
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nini200

[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] 1- that's not how it works. at all.

BrunoBRS

i'm not talking about monster hunter online, which BTW it's a china-exclusive game that will remain china exclusive. i'm talking about frontier, and i quote you, "Stop doing these ports!!! Make a WiiU ONLY Console Monster Hunter". if you haven't played it, it might as well be new. but it's not like it matters, frontier won't leave japan either. also, yeah, frontier looks so much better than 3 ultimate. 3U looks fine. it's not the best looking game in the world, but then again neither are any of the wii and wii u games, and that didn't stop people from buying and enjoying them, and 3U has a clear image that's actually pretty. considering the other option is "not have the game at all" (because this wasn't developed for the wii u in the first place), i think it does the job really well.

Exactly, NOWHERE in there did I mention Monster Hunter Online nor Frontier so I don't know how you got that I've played them from that statement.

Yes I want these ports to stop.  3U should have stayed on 3DS only.  It doesn't look very good on WiiU no matter how you try to put it. On the 3DS, it looks great and that's where it should have stayed.

And I stated in my recent post, Monster Hunter ONLINE (Not frontier) looks much better than 3U and WOULD look much better than 3U even if they had to cut corners so I don't know where you got that I may have stated that Frontier looked better than 3U from.

a WiiU specific Monster Hunter should be made or if they want to do ports, Monster Hunter Online (Not Frontier) should be used as a template as it looks much better visually and the gameplay actually looks fresh.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nini200
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]oh and one last thing: i wouldn't hold my breath for a wii u exclusive monster hunter. monster hunter sells more on handhelds, and capcom usually only releases uprezzed expansions (like 3U) on consoles. and since monster hunter 4 is a 3DS game...

Unfortunately this part, I'd have to agree with.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="nini200"] 1. Don't care, fact is, regardless of how you think it "works", it would look better then 3U.

3.If you think 3U looks "good" on the WiiU, you don't need to own a WiiU. Yea it looks great on the 3DS but it looks shoddy as heck on the WiiU.nini200

Exactly, NOWHERE in there did I mention Monster Hunter Online nor Frontier so I don't know how you got that I've played them from that statement.

Yes I want these ports to stop.  3U should have stayed on 3DS only.  It doesn't look very good on WiiU no matter how you try to put it. On the 3DS, it looks great and that's where it should have stayed.

And I stated in my recent post, Monster Hunter ONLINE (Not frontier) looks much better than 3U and WOULD look much better than 3U even if they had to cut corners so I don't know where you got that I may have stated that Frontier looked better than 3U from.

a WiiU specific Monster Hunter should be made or if they want to do ports, Monster Hunter Online (Not Frontier) should be used as a template as it looks much better visually and the gameplay actually looks fresh.

so you'd deny hundreds of thousands of people that did buy the wii u version of ultimate their enjoyment of the game, just because you think it's not pretty enough? can it get more petty than that? you came to a thread about monster hunter frontier, a game that you haven't played, to whine about ports. the only reason someone would complain about a port is if they had already played the game before (so, say, the japanese people have the right to complain about the wii u ports, because they had been playing MH3U and frontier for years now, whereas 3U was a simultaneous release in the US and frontier never saw the light of day here). seriously, the levels of entitlement and wishful thinking here are way too high. we get it, you played monster hunter 3 and think the expansion is not enough content to warrant a new game. good thing MH4 is coming out then, no need to whine about that. you complain the wii u version of 3U looks worse than a brand new game for wii u. well NO SHIT, it's a 3DS game, and if the visuals bug you so much, once again, don't buy it. but please stop going to every monster hunter thread and repeating how much you think monster hunter online is pretty and how much the wii u should get those games and it's unfair to the wii u to get ports.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nini200

[QUOTE="nini200"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] i'm not talking about monster hunter online, which BTW it's a china-exclusive game that will remain china exclusive. i'm talking about frontier, and i quote you, "Stop doing these ports!!! Make a WiiU ONLY Console Monster Hunter". if you haven't played it, it might as well be new. but it's not like it matters, frontier won't leave japan either. also, yeah, frontier looks so much better than 3 ultimate. 3U looks fine. it's not the best looking game in the world, but then again neither are any of the wii and wii u games, and that didn't stop people from buying and enjoying them, and 3U has a clear image that's actually pretty. considering the other option is "not have the game at all" (because this wasn't developed for the wii u in the first place), i think it does the job really well.BrunoBRS

so you'd deny hundreds of thousands of people that did buy the wii u version of ultimate their enjoyment of the game, just because you think it's not pretty enough? can it get more petty than that? you came to a thread about monster hunter frontier, a game that you haven't played, to whine about ports. the only reason someone would complain about a port is if they had already played the game before (so, say, the japanese people have the right to complain about the wii u ports, because they had been playing MH3U and frontier for years now, whereas 3U was a simultaneous release in the US and frontier never saw the light of day here). seriously, the levels of entitlement and wishful thinking here are way too high. we get it, you played monster hunter 3 and think the expansion is not enough content to warrant a new game. good thing MH4 is coming out then, no need to whine about that. you complain the wii u version of 3U looks worse than a brand new game for wii u. well NO SHIT, it's a 3DS game, and if the visuals bug you so much, once again, don't buy it. but please stop going to every monster hunter thread and repeating how much you think monster hunter online is pretty and how much the wii u should get those games and it's unfair to the wii u to get ports.

1. If it didn't come to WiiU, those hundreds of thousands would've just bought it on 3DS anyway if they wanted it bad enough (which they did because most of them bought a WiiU for Monster Hunter 3U in the first place) so it's denying them nothing.

2. Gamers have to have a right to complain about a port now?  :lol: Really Bruno? :lol:

Bruno, that last part you posted really showed how idiotic you can get sometimes.  I go to Every Monster Hunter thread and repeat how pretty monster hunter online is? 

PSA: Can anybody find another thread in these Nintendo Wii/WiiU forums where I stated that Monster Hunter Online is pretty?  Please do me this favor.  I would like to see where Bruno is coming up with this nonsense. 

Seriously Bruno, stop smoking whatever it is that you must be smoking.  It is making you act out of the norm. :P

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="nini200"]

nini200

1. If it didn't come to WiiU, those hundreds of thousands would've just bought it on 3DS anyway if they wanted it bad enough (which they did because most of them bought a WiiU for Monster Hunter 3U in the first place) so it's denying them nothing.

2. Gamers have to have a right to complain about a port now?  :lol: Really Bruno? :lol:

Bruno, that last part you posted really showed how idiotic you can get sometimes.  I go to Every Monster Hunter thread and repeat how pretty monster hunter online is? 

PSA: Can anybody find another thread in these Nintendo Wii/WiiU forums where I stated that Monster Hunter Online is pretty?  Please do me this favor.  I would like to see where Bruno is coming up with this nonsense. 

Seriously Bruno, stop smoking whatever it is that you must be smoking.  It is making you act out of the norm. :P

1- except they preferred it on the wii u, which is why they bought it. if the visuals bother you so much, don't buy it. just don't make it your personal agenda to complain that the game shouldn't even have existed in the first place. 2- you don't need a "right" to complain, but it makes no f*cking sense to whine about it if you couldn't play it before. it's like complaining that ubisoft is porting all those multiplats to the wii u, despite not having another way to play them. no, you go to every monster hunter 3U thread (at least regarding the wii u version, and i think i recall a MH4 thread) to complain capcom should make new monster hunter games for the wii u instead of whatever they are doing. THEN you bring up MHO as an example, maybe.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BrunoBRS
here, let's look at a similar scenario: PC gamers and dark souls. dark souls is a f*cking ugly game sometimes, with really unstable framerate that rarely gets to 30. did the PC gamers go "i'm glad this ugly PoS is not on our platform", like you're going with MH3U? no, they recognized the awesome gameplay and asked for a PC version so bad that they not only got it (and it sold like hotcakes), but they got a bunch of cool new content with it (not unlike a certain monster hunter expansion), but no graphical updates. you heard a whiner or two here and there complain about how from software didn't put enough effort into the visual quality of the port to warrant a purchase, but those, much like you with monster hunter, are the minority, and everyone was all the happier with dark souls PC. they could've bought it for another system if they really wanted it so badly, like you suggested buying MH3U on the 3DS, but they wanted it on their platform of choice, and what are some party poopers to say they can't have it because of some standards that didn't exist until a year or two ago? speaking of graphics, i give it a year for the nintendo fans to revert to their "it's not about the graphics" mantra.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nini200

[QUOTE="nini200"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] so you'd deny hundreds of thousands of people that did buy the wii u version of ultimate their enjoyment of the game, just because you think it's not pretty enough? can it get more petty than that? you came to a thread about monster hunter frontier, a game that you haven't played, to whine about ports. the only reason someone would complain about a port is if they had already played the game before (so, say, the japanese people have the right to complain about the wii u ports, because they had been playing MH3U and frontier for years now, whereas 3U was a simultaneous release in the US and frontier never saw the light of day here). seriously, the levels of entitlement and wishful thinking here are way too high. we get it, you played monster hunter 3 and think the expansion is not enough content to warrant a new game. good thing MH4 is coming out then, no need to whine about that. you complain the wii u version of 3U looks worse than a brand new game for wii u. well NO SHIT, it's a 3DS game, and if the visuals bug you so much, once again, don't buy it. but please stop going to every monster hunter thread and repeating how much you think monster hunter online is pretty and how much the wii u should get those games and it's unfair to the wii u to get ports.BrunoBRS

1- except they preferred it on the wii u, which is why they bought it. if the visuals bother you so much, don't buy it. just don't make it your personal agenda to complain that the game shouldn't even have existed in the first place. 2- you don't need a "right" to complain, but it makes no f*cking sense to whine about it if you couldn't play it before. it's like complaining that ubisoft is porting all those multiplats to the wii u, despite not having another way to play them. no, you go to every monster hunter 3U thread (at least regarding the wii u version, and i think i recall a MH4 thread) to complain capcom should make new monster hunter games for the wii u instead of whatever they are doing. THEN you bring up MHO as an example, maybe.

Bruno, cut it out. You're acting ridiculous now. Your comments are starting to go off subject and you're starting to bring up things that weren't even in the debate. Just give it a rest.

If I want to comment in a Monster Hunter thread, I am going to comment in one.

You can not tell anyone what they can and cannot say in an online forum. You are not a mod and my point exactly, you couldn't provide ONE piece of proof to back up your monster hunter online claim against me so that ends that debate.

If my posts bother you so much in monster hunter threads, ignore them like you do Jaysonguy's

I shouldn't get under your skin like this Bruno. You're better than that so start acting like yourself.

aXXaDENT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By aXXaDENT
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Seriously though we get some shitty games in usa