Monster Hunter 3U questions thread.

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Changing this thread to ask questions to any MH vets that might be listening. So first, how do you craft potions?
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Potions = Blue Mushrooms + Herbs

Mega Potions = Potions + Honey

Those are the most basic potions you can craft at the beginning of the game.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 El_Zo1212o
Awesome. That's a huge help.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Don't Read and Drive!
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 El_Zo1212o
Don't Read and Drive!Minishdriveby
I don't drive. Problem solved.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I hate "virtual manuals".
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 El_Zo1212o
Hey, can anyone explain to me Store Items> Item Box/Gunner's Pouch? I can't figure out exactly how many inventories I've got.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

Hey, can anyone explain to me Store Items> Item Box/Gunner's Pouch? I can't figure out exactly how many inventories I've got.El_Zo1212o

yea...whats the gunners pouch?

Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]Hey, can anyone explain to me Store Items> Item Box/Gunner's Pouch? I can't figure out exactly how many inventories I've got.KBFloYd

I believe its the extra pouch you get when you are using a ranged weapon.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 El_Zo1212o
[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]Hey, can anyone explain to me Store Items> Item Box/Gunner's Pouch? I can't figure out exactly how many inventories I've got.Childeater10

Except I've never equipped any weapon other than a sword+shield.
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

[QUOTE="Childeater10"][QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

El_Zo1212o

Except I've never equipped any weapon other than a sword+shield.

Its just there for if you ever want to use ranged weapons. If you only use melee weapons (like me), you'll only need to worry about the Item Box.

dissembled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dissembled
Member since 2003 • 357 Posts

Concerning the item box...is your loot stored there automatically or is the loot stored in your inventory instead?

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 moltenix

Concerning the item box...is your loot stored there automatically or is the loot stored in your inventory instead?

dissembled
When you're picking up items from the open world whether its resources or carving monsters parts, the items go in your personal inventory. You'll need to visit the ItemBox to deposit/remove items. Think of it like a bank or stash in your house for keeping stuff you don't need. When you complete a quest, you get quest rewards that you can choose to put into your inventory, directly Into ItemBox or sell any items you don't want. I believe that when buying from shops, there's an option for items to go directly into your item box in addition to the inventory.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 El_Zo1212o
There's something I don't fully understand- there are two towns- the village and the port- but is there seriously only one hunting ground? Whether I take my quests from the village or the port, I'm sent to the same set of 12 areas. The 200+ missions they're touting are gonna go kinda stale if I'm stuck workin' them in the same place.
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

There's something I don't fully understand- there are two towns- the village and the port- but is there seriously only one hunting ground? Whether I take my quests from the village or the port, I'm sent to the same set of 12 areas. The 200+ missions they're touting are gonna go kinda stale if I'm stuck workin' them in the same place.El_Zo1212o

Do you mean D.Island? That is only one of the main hunting grounds. Once you get farther into the game you will visit new areas like the Sandy Plains and Flooded Forest. The 1star quests only take place on D.Island. The 2star quests has you going into the Sandy Plains.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 El_Zo1212o

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]There's something I don't fully understand- there are two towns- the village and the port- but is there seriously only one hunting ground? Whether I take my quests from the village or the port, I'm sent to the same set of 12 areas. The 200+ missions they're touting are gonna go kinda stale if I'm stuck workin' them in the same place.thetravman

Do you mean D.Island? That is only one of the main hunting grounds. Once you get farther into the game you will visit new areas like the Sandy Plains and Flooded Forest. The 1star quests only take place on D.Island. The 2star quests has you going into the Sandy Plains.

Awesome. I knew that had to be the case, but I was getting worried.
oddballrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 oddballrulez
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts
Love the game so far! What are the odds of them adding in wifi functionality? I have NO friends who intend on getting MH and I'd love to play some co-op! This is one of the main reasons I wish they'd have popped it out on Vita as well >.
TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TIGERLIONX
Member since 2004 • 914 Posts

hi everyone

i bought MH3U recently and since then i havent stopped playing it (im addicted) also its my first monster hunter game and i have a few questions

- ive read about offline mode (moga village) and a online mode (tanzia port), dont know for sure what the difference is other than play the quests with others, i mean, harder mosnters, better rewards, etc? because from what i understand tanzia its like moga but you can start quest with other players

- wth is the village level and tanzia port level, where i can see it or how do i know which level is my village. also how do i raise it

- whats HR (i think its hunter rank) how do i know which level i am and how can i raise it

- how can i make armor sets like x or z

well i think thats all the questions i have for now thanks

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ANIMEguy10034

- Moga Village is basically the "story" mode although the story is pretty nonexistent in Monster Hunter. This is where you get the tutorials and your shakalaka companions, Cha-Cha and Kayamba. Most people complete the Moga Village quests before heading to Tanzia Port. Tanzia Port has more quests, including the arena. Once you complete High Rank in Tanzia Port, you can progress to G-Rank, which contains the hardest quests in the game.

- You can upgrade your village's farm and boats by gathering resources. You can see it at the bottom screen or by pressing START.

- You know what's your HR by looking at your status (press START). You can only gain HR points to increase your HR by doing Tanzia Port quests.

- The X or Z armor sets are the G-Rank armors. You can only forge them once you reach G-Rank.

TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TIGERLIONX

- Moga Village is basically the "story" mode although the story is pretty nonexistent in Monster Hunter. This is where you get the tutorials and your shakalaka companions, Cha-Cha and Kayamba. Most people complete the Moga Village quests before heading to Tanzia Port. Tanzia Port has more quests, including the arena. Once you complete High Rank in Tanzia Port, you can progress to G-Rank, which contains the hardest quests in the game.

- You can upgrade your village's farm and boats by gathering resources. You can see it at the bottom screen or by pressing START.

- You know what's your HR by looking at your status (press START). You can only gain HR points to increase your HR by doing Tanzia Port quests.

- The X or Z armor sets are the G-Rank armors. You can only forge them once you reach G-Rank.

ANIMEguy10034

thank you very much sir, you just made my adventure as a monster hunter easier (well...kind of)

i think ill finish the moga village quest first before venturing woth tanzia port ones

thank you 

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 moltenix

ANIMEguy10034

Wait, i'm confused. Right now, i`m doing the lvl 3 missions in the Village that are assigned by the Guild Girl on the left. Are these the `Moga Village quests` you`re referring to? Is there another set of these quests in this Tanzia Port place? Where is this Tanzia Port place? I was under the impression I was going through the Low Rank quests right now.

Is there like a Low Rank solo/Low rank multiplayer. High rank solo/High rank multiplayer set of difficulties or something? :?

oddballrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 oddballrulez
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

moltenix

Wait, i'm confused. Right now, i`m doing the lvl 3 missions in the Village that are assigned by the Guild Girl on the left. Are these the `Moga Village quests` you`re referring to? Is there another set of these quests in this Tanzia Port place? Where is this Tanzia Port place? I was under the impression I was going through the Low Rank quests right now.

Is there like a Low Rank solo/Low rank multiplayer. High rank solo/High rank multiplayer set of difficulties or something? :?

Yeah that's Moga village ;) South east area of Moga village is a pier with a ship, and a felyne with it. Talk to the cat, he takes you to the port ;) Though after visiting I went back to Moga village as it just seems a little more progressive; given the upgrades to the village, trade, farm etc. :) The port definitely seems to be best saved for when you've finished the village, though it essentially makes no difference if you decide to go there and hunt immediately ;)
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ANIMEguy10034
^ This. :) Tanzia Port has its own set of Low Rank and High Rank quests, just like how both Village and Loc Lac City (online) in Tri had their own Low Rank quests.
dissembled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dissembled

Are there additional, single player quests in Port Tanzia or is that place reserved only for DLC content?

Lastly, can your companions (Cha-Cha/Kayamba) permanently die? I don't have the option to summon them yet as I'm still very early in the game.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 moltenix

^ This. :) Tanzia Port has its own set of Low Rank and High Rank quests, just like how both Village and Loc Lac City (online) in Tri had their own Low Rank quests.ANIMEguy10034

So does Moga have a set of High Rank and G rank? I know in Tri, only the low rank was offered in the village for offline play.

Also, i'm guessing the Port quests are scaled for multiplayer even in the 3DS version? If so, any reason I would want to do those instead of Moga if 3DS can't do online? Besides the extra challenge of course. :P

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ANIMEguy10034

Are there additional, single player quests in Port Tanzia or is that place reserved only for DLC content?

Lastly, can your companions (Cha-Cha/Kayamba) permanently die? I don't have the option to summon them yet as I'm still very early in the game.

dissembled

Port Tanzia has the majority of quests, with Low Rank, High Rank, G-Rank, Arena, and Event DLC Quests. All can be done solo or multi.

Cha-Cha and Kayamba can not permanently die. There will be certain moments in the game where they leave for a while, but that's part of the story.

So does Moga have a set of High Rank and G rank? I know in Tri, only the low rank was offered in the village for offline play.

Also, i'm guessing the Port quests are scaled for multiplayer even in the 3DS version? If so, any reason I would want to do those instead of Moga if 3DS can't do online? Besides the extra challenge of course. :P

moltenix

I'm not sure about G-Rank in Moga Village, but it does have its own set of High Rank quests. It was a pleasant surprise unlocking it after Ceadeus. I was expecting to be done with the village, but there's more to offer now. :)

There are two ports: one for solo and another for multi. Multi are scaled for multiple people, but you're free to do them alone like going solo in Tri's online. Tanzia Port has its exclusive monsters, like Tri's online, but luckily they can be slayed without the need of others in the Solo port.

dissembled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dissembled

Thank you. :)

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 moltenix

There are two ports: one for solo and another for multi. Multi are scaled for multiple people, but you're free to do them alone like going solo in Tri's online. Tanzia Port has its exclusive monsters, like Tri's online, but luckily they can be slayed without the need of others in the Solo port.

ANIMEguy10034

Moga LowRank + HighRank

PLUS

Solo Port LowRank + Solo Port HighRank + Solo Port GRank

???

Hundreds of hours confirmed!!! :shock:

I'll probably tackle both low ranks first and get them out of the way.

Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

Is there any point to getting this if I only intend to play solo? I've wanted to see what all the Monster Hunter fuss is about for a while now and this seems like a good place to start, but multiplayer appears to be where the heart of the game lies and the baffling lack of online functionality for the DS version makes me hesitate. Perhaps I should just hang on for MH4.

TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TIGERLIONX

anyone knows what are for the pawnprint stamps?

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 moltenix
Is the solo port harder than village low rank? I tried Lagombi last night. either my setup is greatly inferior to the demo, I suck at it all of a sudden or port is a bit harder.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ANIMEguy10034

Is there any point to getting this if I only intend to play solo? I've wanted to see what all the Monster Hunter fuss is about for a while now and this seems like a good place to start, but multiplayer appears to be where the heart of the game lies and the baffling lack of online functionality for the DS version makes me hesitate. Perhaps I should just hang on for MH4.

Business_Fun

I'm having a lot of fun playing solo (just reached 120 hours), but most of the fun does come from hunting with friends. MH4 will be released in the summer in Japan so it might be a while before we see it localized (MH3U, known as MH3G in Japan, was originally released in late 2011).

TIGERLIONX

It might be used to craft some type of armor, not exactly sure though.
Is the solo port harder than village low rank? I tried Lagombi last night. either my setup is greatly inferior to the demo, I suck at it all of a sudden or port is a bit harder.moltenix
I assume that both are the same difficulty, but I could be wrong. The gear in the demo was MUCH better than anything provided at the beginning of the game.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 moltenix
I guess the gear was the reason why I got owned by Lagombi. :p Btw, 120 hours already?!? You're crazy bro :o I wish I had more time to play.
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 moltenix
Btw, what's a good low rank hammer set? I used to love Qurupeco for evasion but they nerfed it in Ultimate. Doesn't have to be Evasion, lots of skills benefit hammers like stamina for superpounds but I do like evasion though.
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

I guess the gear was the reason why I got owned by Lagombi. :p Btw, 120 hours already?!? You're crazy bro :o I wish I had more time to play.moltenix

Better start upgradin' dat gear. Lagombi felt like it did in the demo imo, brought it down with a long sword (Arzuros).

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 moltenix
I definitely need a better weapon. None of the ones i can currently craft look very good though. Been using the second available switch axe and even with attack up s with my jaggi set, I'm not doing as much damage as I would like.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 El_Zo1212o

[QUOTE="TIGERLIONX"]

ANIMEguy10034

i came across a mission that said 'survive until time expires or deliver a pawprint stamp' as a victory condition.
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 moltenix
[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

[QUOTE="TIGERLIONX"]

El_Zo1212o

i came across a mission that said 'survive until time expires or deliver a pawprint stamp' as a victory condition.

thinks of those quests as exploration quests. You can leave the Moga village and farm resources in the deserted island but since you can't access the other areas, they made these pawpass quests. Basically gives you 50 minutes to farm resources in places like sandy plains or flooded forest. After 5 minutes, a ticket appears in the blue box which you can deliver to finish the quest early if you want. Or you can farm till time runs out.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ANIMEguy10034

That's strange. In my game they're called Paw Pass Tickets, but in his is Paw Print Stamps. :P
Maybe it has to do with location (NA/EU)?

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 moltenix

Is it just me or does no one visit this MH thread compared to the Wii board? :P

Anyway, I hear nice things about Great Wroggi armour. Might just farm that next since I wanna give Dual Swords a try. Volvidon looks pretty sweet as well; Attack Up and Evasion.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ANIMEguy10034
Yeah, the console version tends to be more popular. :P Barroth's armor is pretty good too for early High Rank. It gives Attack Up M and Defense Up S.
TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TIGERLIONX

Yeah, the console version tends to be more popular. :P Barroth's armor is pretty good too for early High Rank. It gives Attack Up M and Defense Up S. ANIMEguy10034

yeah barrot set does the job, it worked very well for me against gobul and even lagiacrus (the first you get against him) and just crafted my new cataclysm sword

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 moltenix
[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]Yeah, the console version tends to be more popular. :P Barroth's armor is pretty good too for early High Rank. It gives Attack Up M and Defense Up S.

Dang, that actually sounds pretty good. I don't want to spend too much time farming low rank armour sets though. Apparently low rank is a breeze in this game so it'd be pointless to get a bunch of sets that will soon get replaced anyway. I'd like to replaced Jaggi for now though. wroggi or Barroth for hammer/switch axe/dual sword user?
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ANIMEguy10034

Get Wroggi first. The Low Rank Barroth armor only gives Attack Up Small. Barroth is available as soon as you unlock 6 Stars so it's one of the armors I recommend getting for early High Rank. I got destroyed when I didn't upgrade my armor. :P

TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TIGERLIONX

i went this way, jaggy set, barroth set and now i finally completed my lagiacrus set, i choose the one that i like and have most defense and upgrade it for more def so i dont have to farm every set just for 1 or 2 defense points on each piece.

what im wondering now is with which great blade should i continue, right now i have the rathian one, valkyrie soemthing.

Get Wroggi first. The Low Rank Barroth armor only gives Attack Up Small. Barroth is available as soon as you unlock 6 Stars so it's one of the armors I recommend getting for early High Rank. I got destroyed when I didn't upgrade my armor. :P

ANIMEguy10034

im jealous how every time i check this thread you have a new image for your sign, i wish i could take screenshots of my 3ds MH

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 moltenix

ANIMEguy10034

Guess i'll go with Wroggi then. Sharpness should help with my pitiful early switchaxe.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ANIMEguy10034

im jealous how every time i check this thread you have a new image for your sign, i wish i could take screenshots of my 3ds MHTIGERLIONX
Don't be. :P
My sig consists of 8 different images on a sig rotator. Everytime you refresh, it changes to one of the 8 images. And most of them are from the Wii U version. :P I do wish that there was a way to screenshot any moment of any 3DS game and save it to the SD card. It would be awesome.

I remember that the Valkyrie family had one of the best great swords in Tri, but I'm not sure how much has changed for Great Swords in Ultimate.

TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TIGERLIONX

just asking, where i can find agood info if possible images of the great sword weapon tree

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ANIMEguy10034

just asking, where i can find agood info if possible images of the great sword weapon tree

TIGERLIONX

Maybe here? :)

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 El_Zo1212o
So I've taken to using the Long Sword for hunting large monsters and the Sword&Shield for gathering trips and such. Does anyone know what the three buffs(white, yellow, pink) are when you hit the enemy with the fourth special attack?