#1 Edited by Dennysinny (254 posts) -

disappointed but o well.......

#2 Posted by KBFloYd (13848 posts) -

yea...thats what kept it from being a 9 here at gamespot.

maybe there will be DLC characters in the future?

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (30489 posts) -

cool topic,would read again

#4 Edited by Dennysinny (254 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

yea...thats what kept it from being a 9 here at gamespot.

maybe there will be DLC characters in the future?

lol maybe that is a way for them to make money ? dont the dlc cost?

#5 Edited by Raptor_Herc (225 posts) -

While it could be better (the amount of baby characters is particularly the most disappointing aspect of it), I still find it to be nice than MK7's lineup; Funky Kong's absence is also appreciated.

#6 Edited by Meinhard1 (6775 posts) -

The Koopalings make it interesting. All the beloved main characters feel fresh in HD. Glad they kept Waluigi in this time.

I agree they went overboard in the baby department. Replacing Baby Daisy/Rosalina with a couple more obscure characters (E. Gadd, Nabbit) would have made for a better roster, absolutely.

It's good they're focusing on the mainline characters but a few sides keep things interesting!

I'm still satisfied overall though!

#7 Posted by Dennysinny (254 posts) -

@Meinhard1 said:

The Koopalings make it interesting. All the beloved main characters feel fresh in HD. Glad they kept Waluigi in this time.

I agree they went overboard in the baby department. Replacing Baby Daisy/Rosalina with a couple more obscure characters (E. Gadd, Nabbit) would have made for a better roster, absolutely.

It's good they're focusing on the mainline characters but a few sides keep things interesting!

how old are you ? because i dont ever really remember the koopalings interesting i mean not to take up slots for the vets and other characters that couldve been on here..... but my assumption is any roster you wouldve been okay with it honestly....

#8 Edited by Minishdriveby (10044 posts) -

Hoping for DLC so they can put Dry Bones back in the game... Really pissed that he wasn't in 7 and now in 8. It was really weird that they showed all the characters before the game was released too, no surprises.

DLC characters that would be pretty cool:
Wart
Dry Bones
Dry Bowser
King Boo
E. Gadd
Nabbit

#9 Posted by Dennysinny (254 posts) -

@Minishdriveby said:

Hoping for DLC so they can put Dry Bones back in the game... Really pissed that he wasn't in 7 and now in 8. It was really weird that they showed all the characters before the game was released too, no surprises.

DLC characters that would be pretty cool:

Wart

Dry Bones

Dry Bowser

King Boo

E. Gadd

Nabbit

yea true ! that would be cool

#10 Edited by Litchie (16381 posts) -

The characters I usually use are there, plus the koopalings. So no biggie. Baby characters sure are lame, though.

#11 Edited by Meinhard1 (6775 posts) -
@dennysinny said:

@Meinhard1 said:

how old are you ? because i dont ever really remember the koopalings interesting i mean not to take up slots for the vets and other characters that couldve been on here..... but my assumption is any roster you wouldve been okay with it honestly....

Well I'm 24. But the Koopalings were in Super Mario Bros 3 (which came out early 90s, then later on the GBA), as well as the more recent Wii, 3DS, and Wii U iterations of New Super Mario Bros. So regardless of age, many have encountered them.

Of we're talking vet slots it seems like the babies and metal characters could more be considered filler. The Koopalings are basically a whole group of mainline Mario characters that have been largely unused (aside from being recently OVERUSED in NSMB).

#12 Edited by Dennysinny (254 posts) -

@Meinhard1 said:
@dennysinny said:

@Meinhard1 said:

Well I'm 24. But the Koopalings were in Super Mario Bros 3 (which came out early 90s, then later on the GBA), as well as the more recent Wii, 3DS, and Wii U iterations of New Super Mario Bros. So regardless of age, many have encountered them.

Of we're talking vet slots it seems like the babies and metal characters could more be considered filler. The Koopalings are basically a whole group of mainline Mario characters that have been largely unused (aside from being recently OVERUSED in NSMB).

ooooooo okay lol but the koopalings were never really a favorited character to the whole worldy population

#13 Edited by JustPlainLucas (74235 posts) -

There is such a HUGE pool of Mario characters to pull from. There are a lot of great characters in the roster, but it could have been so much more varied.

#14 Edited by Meinhard1 (6775 posts) -
@dennysinny said:

@Meinhard1 said:
@dennysinny said:

@Meinhard1 said:

ooooooo okay lol but the koopalings were never really a favorited character to the whole worldy population

Well yeah. I personally wasn't super excited to see them at first. But they're a pretty interesting choice and something that hasn't been in the whole Mario Kart / Party / Golf / Tennis shuffle.

#15 Edited by Dennysinny (254 posts) -

@Meinhard1 said:
@dennysinny said:

@Meinhard1 said:
@dennysinny said:

@Meinhard1 said:

Well yeah. I personally wasn't super excited to see them at first. But they're a pretty interesting choice and something that hasn't been in the whole Mario Kart / Party / Golf / Tennis shuffle.

yea and it still might come out good

#16 Posted by Pierst179 (10803 posts) -

I wish Dry Bones were in.

However, I am so excited over being able to play as the Koopalings that my mind is not able to assess the quality of the roster properly.

I mean.... we get to play as the Koopalings! How awesome is that?! =P

#17 Edited by Dennysinny (254 posts) -

@Pierst179 said:

I wish Dry Bones were in.

However, I am so excited over being able to play as the Koopalings that my mind is not able to assess the quality of the roster properly.

I mean.... we get to play as the Koopalings! How awesome is that?! =P

lol !!! must be an older kat because i dont know the koopalings like that they have to be old ...lmao

#18 Posted by Pierst179 (10803 posts) -

@dennysinny said:

lol !!! must be an older kat because i dont know the koopalings like that they have to be old ...lmao

I am not really that old. I am 23, but I did spend a lot of time with the Koopalings on the old Mario games and I was thrilled when they returned in the New Super Mario Bros series.

#19 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5651 posts) -

It's time for an RPG character on the roster.

#20 Posted by trugs26 (5596 posts) -

Big "meh" from me. It's interesting enough from me. I don't see how it's any better or worse than any previous roster.

#22 Posted by trugs26 (5596 posts) -

@dennysinny said:

@trugs26 said:

Big "meh" from me. It's interesting enough from me. I don't see how it's any better or worse than any previous roster.

fanboy

How is it fanboyish to not care about the Mario characters? Seems like the opposite to me.