Miyamoto Teasing New Franchise For 2014

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

"We'll have Mario Kart 8 out next spring, and at that point we'll have the whole lineup in place, so I think it's about time we brought out a new franchise," Miyamoto said in the latest issue of Famitsu (as translated by Polygon). "I can't give out details, but that's the title that's been keeping me pretty busy lately."

A new and original game from Miyamoto was first revealed in January 2012, when the Associated Press reported that the designer was at work on an "undisclosed original title."

Gamespot

Link.

He's teased this project for a while, it seems. Here's what he said at E3 2010.

After listing these activities, he gave some solid hints about some of his upcoming plans. "I think that next year I can probably deliver something new," he said. I'm still active on the development scene, so please look forward to [my output]. It's been nearly 10 years since I made the Pikmin character, so I feel this is the year where I must at long last make a new character."

IGN

Since Pikmn 3 was something he was heavily involved in, moved from Wii to Wii U and was delayed, I figure that his new project took a back seat, but now he's likely working on it full swing. Pikmin was really the last franchise we got from Nintendo for the core Nintendo fan. That was ~12 years ago. I don't think this project is going to be a Wii Music or Wii Sports type of project nor do I think it'll be something like Steel Diver.

I really do think this will be a brand new character for Nintendo. I'm trying to think of what type of genre Nintendo could cover with a new IP. I'm hoping it's some kind of multiplayer focused title, but who knows.

#2 Posted by KBFloYd (14633 posts) -

255806.jpg

we got to pray just to make it today...thats why we pray.

#3 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -
Alright. I'll wait to get excited next year then.
#4 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
PIKMIN 4 LOL :P
#5 Posted by TxTech1923 (662 posts) -
New The Legend of Metroid Kong: Dreamland Put your money on it.
#6 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
[QUOTE="TxTech1923"]New The Legend of Metroid Kong: Dreamland Put your money on it.

New The Legend of Metroid Kong Dreamland: Special Pokemon edition.
#7 Posted by TxTech1923 (662 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="TxTech1923"]New The Legend of Metroid Kong: Dreamland Put your money on it.

I'll totally put a preorder down so I get the special F-Pikmin pokeemblem in game item.
#8 Posted by goblaa (19304 posts) -

New Super Peach U

#9 Posted by Pierst179 (10803 posts) -

I can't wait. :)

#10 Posted by wiifan001 (18483 posts) -

Good, very good.

Even though it's not like we haven't been getting new franchises from Nintendo often

#11 Posted by superbuuman (3215 posts) -

I'll believe it when I see it, that said please let it be new character..rather than slapping Mario/ Kirby on it. 2014 the year for Wii U! :p

#12 Posted by nini200 (10415 posts) -

It's either one of 2 things:

daisy is FINALLY getting her own game

or

Nintendo decided to fund THE GRINDER and have it FINALLY come out as their own FPS to coincide with Geist but after they take over the development.

#13 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2730 posts) -

Wii Casual Stroll U; Use the gamepad for a crossover between google maps for wii u and mini games with mario characters. The blockbuster follow up to the wildly successful Wii Music, coming 2014.

#14 Posted by thedude- (2312 posts) -

It should be something that is new in terms of genre territory. Wii U has enough 2d platformers slated as their top tier releases. It would be nice to see a genre that hasn't been done by the house of Mario.

Something as foreign as Pikmin when it first released would be a breath of fresh air.

#15 Posted by sman3579 (21174 posts) -
Can't wait too see what it is.
#16 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1417 posts) -

Non specific action figure.

#17 Posted by TheManofTin (375 posts) -

Nintendolphins 

#18 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -

Master_Of_Fools
Day one buy if true.
#19 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Nintendolphins 

TheManofTin

Like Ecco the dolphin?

That would be pretty cool. ;)

Or he makes a new character and game inspired after the bee sections in SMG:

scoopy.gif

#20 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="TxTech1923"]New The Legend of Metroid Kong: Dreamland Put your money on it.Rod90

No way, Wii U Sports Party Land is far more likely.

#21 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="TxTech1923"]New The Legend of Metroid Kong: Dreamland Put your money on it.Pixel-Perfect

Party with your family and get fit with your all-time favorite Mii characters!
#22 Posted by Madmangamer364 (3641 posts) -

Right now, I couldn't care that much about the character so much as the concept. I'm fairly confident that the design of the world and cast that Miyamoto is creating won't be too dramatically different from his other usually-colorful games, which I can more than appreciate. That said, what exactly the game is trying to accomplish is an entirely different matter, and that's what I'll be more interested in.

Frankly, the Wii U could still very much use a system-defining title, so maybe this will be that last-ditch effort for Nintendo to truly prove the system's true worth. Of course, that's assuming we're talking about a Wii U project here to begin with. I don't doubt it, but I certainly haven't forgotten Project Sora and that ending up being a 3DS title, as opposed to being a major Wii project. Still a little bummed out about that, by the way... :P

#23 Posted by starwarsjunky (24749 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="TxTech1923"]New The Legend of Metroid Kong: Dreamland Put your money on it.Pixel-Perfect

close.
#24 Posted by Bardock47 (5363 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_Of_Fools"]

1PMrFister

Day one buy if true.

Would pre-order. Definatly if bonus was non-specific action figure

#25 Posted by sonic_spark (4770 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="TxTech1923"]New The Legend of Metroid Kong: Dreamland Put your money on it.TxTech1923

I'll totally put a preorder down so I get the special F-Pikmin pokeemblem in game item.

New The Legend of Metroid Kong Zero: Dreamland Star Special Smash Pokemin Rose Gold Edition

I had to get in on that. Lol.

#26 Posted by Avatar_Taxidous (4407 posts) -
I wonder what Miyamoto is cooking up.
#27 Posted by mariokart64fan (19670 posts) -

lol nintendo has games in every genre , so how can they do one in a new genre , , 

but ya i hope its a racing game 

#28 Posted by Celsius765 (768 posts) -

Good, very good.

Even though it's not like we haven't been getting new franchises from Nintendo often

wiifan001
we have but they've been casual games. i'm hoping for a new adventure game
#29 Posted by Blaz3_fox (193 posts) -

Please Miyamoto give us a new Star Fox, 1080 Avalanche sequel and to a lesser extent, F Zero. I really just want him to keep up Nintendo's current franchises and push games out the door instead of trying something new. Just get games out! I trust that you've got a great idea for a new franchise, but let's get the Wii U up on it's feet and selling well before we jump into something brand new.

#30 Posted by BigBen11111 (1528 posts) -
Give Princess Zelda her own game :P.
#31 Posted by Lost-to-Apathy (459 posts) -

About time. I'm hoping for something a little more mature, but who knows? I'm sure it will be good either way.

#32 Posted by thom_maytees (3669 posts) -

This thread has yet to die after people bumping it up?

#33 Posted by BlueVigor (46 posts) -

Probably another Mario spin off or something casual like Wii Fit. Nintendo has never made a game as interesting as Heavy Rain or a great as TLoU in the modern age. The last really incredible game they made was Super Metroid.

#34 Posted by b4il (115 posts) -
i just hope it won't be too childish and too cute, hope he comes up with something more mature. but i guess it will be another family game......
#35 Posted by Avatar_Taxidous (4407 posts) -

Nintendo has never made a game as interesting as Heavy Rain or a great as TLoU in the modern age. The last really incredible game they made was Super Metroid.BlueVigor

:lol:

#36 Posted by RatedSTARZ (400 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="TxTech1923"]New The Legend of Metroid Kong: Dreamland Put your money on it.

Lol xD. Now that would be hilarious to see :P.
#37 Posted by RatedSTARZ (400 posts) -

What if Nintendo made an RPG with all the Nintendo IPs they had lol. In the style of the Mario and Luigi games, but with all the Smash Bros. characters :P. You know it would sell too xD