AlCapwnUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AlCapwnUK
Member since 2009 • 133 Posts

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2014/September/Nintendo-eShop-sale-The-Legend-of-Zelda-Weeks-915102.html

I've not really used the eShop much, but with the sales on I was considering a few games. Are GBA games WiiU only?

I was hoping to play Minish Cap on 3DS but not on WiiU.

Or am i reading this wrong? It seems strange for older titles to be exclusive to either platform

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#2  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Sadly, the GBA games are only on WiiU. I can't for the life of me figure out why. It'd be amazing if the 3DS was able to download/ play GBA games.

AlCapwnUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AlCapwnUK
Member since 2009 • 133 Posts

hmm, i'll make do with emulation or my old phat DS original for now. hopefully this will change one day

Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Raptor_Herc
Member since 2013 • 330 Posts

I really hope the new 3DS gets GBA VC.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

The 3DS is unable to emulate GBA games as well as Gameboy and NES games, reason why it goes through DS mode in order to play the Ambassador games. Nintendo is currently trying to find a way to get around this limitation, but I think they failed to realize that most people will be satisfied to have GBA games on the 3DS without restore points or the ability to browse Miiverse without closing the game.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6  Edited By Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I just finished Minish Cap on my 3DS ;)

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

@Minishdriveby: It's a wonderful game. I've finished it twice. :D

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I heard someone say before that Nintendo has problems running GBA emulation on the 3DS. However, they had some GBA games for the ambassador program for 3DS, like Metroid: Fusion.

It is weird, for instance there's no GameCube WiiU VC section. And I doubt it's a emulation compatibility issue, because the Homebrew people can hack a Wii U and make GameCube games run on it, so I doubt it's the issue the system can't handle it.

It must be a problem on Nintendo's end to simply publish stuff. Anyhow, I never played it (Minish Cap), but downloaded it recently and am looking forward to diving right in. Just have to finish what I'm playing now (hate juggling different games).