Minish Cap Coming to Wii U VC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 0

#1 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Behold the power of the Ezlo!

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

Among my favorite zelda games.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

Probably the most underrated Zelda title. The game is really good!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

they said the other GBA fzero game is also coming. and castlevania aria of sorrow.

maybe when people get their mario kart bundle those games will come out. nintendo could make a few pennies.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

day one

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

One of my favorite Zelda games. But I probably won't pick this up.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#7  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Great game, but I still have my copy and it works fine. Awesome for those who haven't played it though.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

Got it on 3DS for free for buying 3DS early. I've played it a few hours, but lost interest. To me, it wasn't as good as people say. I might give it another chance sometime..

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

So are we going to get consoles games on the 3DS then? Like N64 titled released via eShop?

Its not a clear message to me.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#10 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

@thedude- said:

So are we going to get consoles games on the 3DS then? Like N64 titled released via eShop?

That's what remakes are for.

See Star Fox 64 and Ocarina of Time

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thedude-

@wiifan001 said:

@thedude- said:

That's what remakes are for.

See Star Fox 64 and Ocarina of Time

I am aware of remakes. They also cost more than a straight VC release. Retro portable games on the current portable makes more sense.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@thedude- said:

I doubt that. Nintendo has said that they are not going to put GBA games on the 3DS virtual console because the 3DS is not powerful enough to emulate them with the restore point features that their other VC games have. It makes no sense to me, as I prefer not using that feature anyway, and I already have Minish Cap on my 3DS. The game is great, though. It is the best of all of the 2D Zelda games that I have played by a considerable margin. I would buy it for the Wii U if I didn't already have it on the 3DS.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Would have gotten it, but I have it on my 3DS from the Ambassador program, so I'll probably pass. Hope they keep up the GBA support, I'd like to see Golden Sun: The Lost Age soon, as I recently finished the first game and I've never played this one.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thedude-

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@thedude- said:

I doubt that. Nintendo has said that they are not going to put GBA games on the 3DS virtual console because the 3DS is not powerful enough to emulate them with the restore point features that their other VC games have. It makes no sense to me, as I prefer not using that feature anyway, and I already have Minish Cap on my 3DS. The game is great, though. It is the best of all of the 2D Zelda games that I have played by a considerable margin. I would buy it for the Wii U if I didn't already have it on the 3DS.

I am not doubting you in asking this, just want to read the article myself. Do you have a link for this article?

Maybe they are running into problems with running VC features, I never thought of that being an issue considering the 3DS is equivalent to a much more advanced GC. I feel like such features could still be integrated into VC portable games on 3DS with restore points. There was a Gameboy player for the GC. Also considering GBA is roughly equivalent to an advanced SNES, I am left skeptical.

Its really just a pet peeve for me, but games that were designed for portability, I would prefer their retro counterparts on a portable system and retro games developed for the big screen ported to the Wii U. I understand with Wii U, GamePad makes GBA games look excellent though.

Its just an imperfect solution until we inevitably get complete parity between portable and console VC games between both platforms.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@thedude- said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@thedude- said:

I am not doubting you in asking this, just want to read the article myself. Do you have a link for this article?

Maybe they are running into problems with running VC features, I never thought of that being an issue considering the 3DS is equivalent to a much more advanced GC. I feel like such features could still be integrated into VC portable games on 3DS with restore points. There was a Gameboy player for the GC. Also considering GBA is roughly equivalent to an advanced SNES, I am left skeptical.

Its really just a pet peeve for me, but games that were designed for portability, I would prefer their retro counterparts on a portable system and retro games developed for the big screen ported to the Wii U. I understand with Wii U, GamePad makes GBA games look excellent though.

Its just an imperfect solution until we inevitably get complete parity between portable and console VC games between both platforms.

http://www.vooks.net/why-the-game-boy-advance-isnt-on-the-3ds-virtual-console/

This isn't straight from Nintendo's mouth, but it explains the problem fairly well. The GBA games that are on the 3DS through the Ambassador program are not fully featured VC games like the NES games are. I agree with you that it would be better to have them on the go, though. Nintendo having some sort of remote play feature for VC games between the 3DS/Wii U would be an ideal solution, imo, but I'm not sure if it is possible without releasing a new 3DS SKU.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#16 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Aside from its relatively short length, Minish Cap is pretty much flawless and very charming!

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#17 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

Loved Minish Cap but probably won't get it for Wii U. I'm already content with my copy on the 3DS.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thedude-

@PurpleMan5000: Thanks for the link.

I guess I could see it working out nicely if they focus the oldest retro games on 3DS and the more recent retro games on Wii U.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

its out in USA now too.

i just bought it. i want to play it on my big screen.