Minecraft may never come to Wii U. Creator mocks console.

#1 Edited by PikachuDude860 (546 posts) -

Read about this a while ago. It's a slow news day, so here is something interesting.

"The creator of Minecraft, Markuss “Notch” Persson, has openly expressed his opinion on what he thinks of the Nintendo Wii U console. He didn’t really have any nice things to say about it sadly.

"Notch sent out some tweets recently bashing the Wii U console for some reason. Notch isn’t really a fan of the console since the Wii U is pretty much the only platform that is never getting a version of Minecraft. Anyway, Notch basically buried the console highlighting the fact that it doesn’t have many games on it."

Here’s what he said about the Wii U on Twitter:"

“Something is flashing in my room, desperately begging me to charge it. Turns out it was my Wii U pad, so I put a pillow on top of it.”

“Don’t worry Nintendo fans, I love both games for the Wii U, and I’m really looking forward to the third one in 2015!”

"What compelled Notch to insult the Wii U and Nintendo fans is anyone’s guess at this point. It’s probably a safe bet we will never see Minecraft ever released for a Nintendo console since Notch is not a huge fan.

.....Ok? It's sad. I've never played Minecraft, I would of bought a Wii U version.

I thought Miyamoto was interested in Minecraft? What happend? What's up with Notch all of a sudden?

I hate it when people mix personal prefrences with business. Minecraft and the Wii U gamepd probably would of been great.

Source.

#2 Posted by PikminWorld (37 posts) -

Sigh... I actually thought he liked the Wii U, (at least more than he's expressing) with a couple of tweets from December of 2013.

"I am not aware of any plans to release a Wii U version of Minecraft."

"I agree a Wii U version would make sense, btw. The only reason for no current plans is we've got too much work already. I <3 Nintendo."

#3 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4701 posts) -

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that was intended as a joke.

Regarding Minecraft on Wii U, I'm pretty indifferent about it. Sure, it'll be introduced to a new audience, but most people who wanted to buy it in the past 4 years already bought it. Hype for it has definitely dwindled and many players have moved on from it.

#4 Posted by bunchanumbers (411 posts) -

I kinda just wish he'd launch a Minecraft 2 so it can bomb and we can all move on with our lives. His ego could use the reality check.

#5 Posted by bbkkristian (14940 posts) -

Has he been hanging around Phil fish?

#6 Posted by Jaysonguy (37550 posts) -

He's right

Also...

I hate it when people mix personal prefrences with business.

So he doesn't want to make a game for a dead console, that's bad business how?

#7 Posted by farrell2k (5796 posts) -

I have never played Minecraft, but if I did, I see no reason why it would be on any other platform than the pc.

#8 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16669 posts) -

I don't even care about Minecraft anyways. It's a good game but one that I have no interest in buying.

#9 Edited by mariokart97 (836 posts) -

Okay bro, bash Nintendo all you want, I'll start listening when you've sold 670.43 million hardware units and 4.23 billion software units.....

#10 Edited by KBFloYd (13122 posts) -

miyamoto probably used the minecraft contract to wipe his ass that morning. like the rest of the 3rd party lol

so now he bashing nintendo.

#11 Posted by Jaysonguy (37550 posts) -

Okay bro, bash Nintendo all you want, I'll start listening when you've sold 670.43 million hardware units and 4.23 billion software units.....

All that matters is how the current console is selling

#12 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7180 posts) -

I don't know how well it would sell on Wii U. Minecraft is a great fit for Wii U's interface, but the game is everywhere as it is. Anybody who wants it probably already has it on PC, iOS, or a competing platform.

On the subject of the tweets, I hate Twitter. People post short, impulsive thoughts on there and it gets them into trouble(Deal with it, anyone?). I wouldn't read too much into his tweets.

#13 Posted by Bardock47 (5239 posts) -

Probably a lame joke. But he is kinda late on the Wii U joke train; the line up is looking really good this fall onwards. I am more annoyed at the in accuracy of the statement. Wii U has a decent sized library at this point and much more to arrive soon.

#14 Posted by bbkkristian (14940 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: I guess it shouldn't be coming to Vita then either.

#15 Posted by Jaysonguy (37550 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: I guess it shouldn't be coming to Vita then either.

The Vita is part of the PS4 now, the best selling console this generation. Of course it should.

#16 Posted by mariokart97 (836 posts) -

@mariokart97 said:

All that matters is how the current console is selling

So what if it doesn't sell the best? Are the minecraft guys really worried about not breaking even on their little indie-game making a simple port?

They don't want to port it because Nintendo doesn't want their game and I'm sure they've been denied the oppurtunity anyway.

#17 Posted by bbkkristian (14940 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: so games should only be on Vita via ps4 remote play. Got it, youre definitely treating it as the accessory it is.

#18 Edited by Jaysonguy (37550 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: so games should only be on Vita via ps4 remote play. Got it, youre definitely treating it as the accessory it is.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No, since cross save is there there has to be a Vita version.

If Nintendo knew about hardware this wouldn't even be an issue

#19 Posted by nini200 (9579 posts) -

I'd like to play it but knowing Minecraft and how it works, I'd get it on PC due to customizations and mods. WiiU could have been the 2nd best version due to simple inventory management. I'd try it out on WiiU if it ever came but I'm sure it won't have custom mods etc because the other 2 consoles don't have mods.

#20 Posted by PikachuDude860 (546 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: So he doesn't want to make a game for a dead console, that's bad business how?

It's not the fact that he doesn't want to make it, that's fine. The problem is, why make fun of it?

If he doesn't think making a Wii U version is worth it, ok whatever. He may be right. But don't make jokes about the console. That is just unprofessional.

#21 Posted by Jaysonguy (37550 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: So he doesn't want to make a game for a dead console, that's bad business how?

It's not the fact that he doesn't want to make it, that's fine. The problem is, why make fun of it?

If he doesn't think making a Wii U version is worth it, ok whatever. He may be right. But don't make jokes about the console. That is just unprofessional.

No, you make jokes about anything, right now the Wii U is really easy to make jokes about.

It would be unprofessional if he made up lies about the console or if the jokes he said about the console used racial epithets but it's just a guy talking off the cuff about the console.

#22 Posted by PikachuDude860 (546 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: So if I was a 3rd party developer, a really big one, (Not that he is), I could just say the PS Vita was dead and doesn't have a future besides being a add-on for the PS4? Or that the Xbox One was underpowered? Or that the PS4 had no games? Or that the 2DS was lame? Or that EA sucks?

Whether those things are ture or not, as a developer, saying those kind of things and poking fun isn't very cool.

If it was just a harmless joke, whatever. But if some big dev said something like I said above, you could believe people would react.

#23 Posted by Jaysonguy (37550 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: So if I was a 3rd party developer, a really big one, (Not that he is), I could just say the PS Vita was dead and doesn't have a future besides being a add-on for the PS4? Or that the Xbox One was underpowered? Or that the PS4 had no games? Or that the 2DS was lame? Or that EA sucks?

Whether those things are ture or not, as a developer, saying those kind of things and poking fun isn't very cool.

If it was just a harmless joke, whatever. But if some big dev said something like I said above, you could believe people would react.

Apples and oranges

Notch is a person, a single entity. A dev doing it isn't, they're part of a group.

One person of that group can't speak up in public because it's a reflection of the whole.

#24 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5973 posts) -

Minecraft is garbage and there are more than 2 games out for wiiU. I have 7. By his logic PS4 and XBONE have 0 games. Look I can say idiotic BS too.

#26 Posted by Jaysonguy (37550 posts) -

Minecraft is garbage

Well there goes your credibility

#27 Posted by mariokart97 (836 posts) -

@YoshiYogurt said:

Minecraft is garbage

Yup blocks with 8-Bit sprite textures is groundbreaking.

#28 Posted by HernandeZzzz (138 posts) -

To be fair, this console deserves to be mocked...

#29 Edited by lamprey263 (23089 posts) -

well, if I were Nintendo, I'd hire one of those other MineCraft imitators to come up with a Nintendo themed block game and give the finger to MineCraft, or just have Nintendo come up with their own version, can't be that hard for people of their talent, and have the world filled with Nintendo licensed stuff

anyhow, one hit wonder with an ego, sounds like another Phil Fish

#30 Edited by Litchie (16226 posts) -

@Jaysonguy said:

@YoshiYogurt said:

Minecraft is garbage

Yup blocks with 8-Bit sprite textures is groundbreaking.

The graphics make Minecraft garbage?

#31 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7180 posts) -

well, if I were Nintendo, I'd hire one of those other MineCraft imitators to come up with a Nintendo themed block game and give the finger to MineCraft, or just have Nintendo come up with their own version, can't be that hard for people of their talent, and have the world filled with Nintendo licensed stuff

They could try making a deal with Lego for a Lego building block game. Build your own Lego world to explore. Boom, there's Nintendo's Minecraft. There's a great deal of DLC potential for a game like that.

• Fright Knights DLC
  • Royal Knights DLC
  • Johnny Thunder Tropical Adventure DLC
  • Johnny Thunder Egypt Adventure DLC
  • The Lego Movie DLC
  • Star Wars DLC
  • etc, etc, etc, sky's the limit
#32 Edited by lamprey263 (23089 posts) -

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@lamprey263 said:

They could try making a deal with Lego for a Lego building block game. Build your own Lego world to explore. Boom, there's Nintendo's Minecraft. There's a great deal of DLC potential for a game like that.

• Fright Knights DLC
  • Royal Knights DLC
  • Johnny Thunder Tropical Adventure DLC
  • Johnny Thunder Egypt Adventure DLC
  • The Lego Movie DLC
  • Star Wars DLC
  • etc, etc, etc, sky's the limit

There you go, terrific idea, LEGO would be a big deal by itself, you deserve a job at Nintendo, LEGO has that obvious crafting thing going for it, and well known for it so there's trademark recognition, and it has tie in licenses going for it, it's so genius it it's... it's... evil genius.

#33 Posted by chimchargirl (57 posts) -

But 3ds will have harvest moon the lost valley.