mh3 ultimate platform question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

I have both the Wiiu and 3ds, and I was wondering what platform this game would be better for. They are about $20 on Amazon, so I could get both games for only $40 if I wanted to but is one experience different and or better than the other?

Most importantly, does monster hunter 3 on Wii u support local co-op, if it does, how exactly does it work?

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

Update: played the demo on 3ds, i really liked it. Just wondering if the wii i version is more fun because of the controls and and visuals, or if the 3ds one is more entertaining because it's portable.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

never played the 3ds version....but i wiiu version is definitive.

people say the graphics suck but i think they are beautiful. i think they are looking at the textures and jaggies.... but the colors are vivid and looks very much HD...also the framerate is higher than most games. its at 40 and you can tell. looks almost 60 at times.

there is voice chat on the online mode...lol...speaking of which...the 3ds version doesnt even have online!

its a no brainer dude.

thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

They are both the same game except the Wii U version has online play. It also has local co-op also that lets the WiiU connect to 3DSs with the same game. The WiiU controls are ideal because of the 2nd analog stick to control the camera. By default, the 3DS version allows camera control using the touch screen which is clunky as all hell. If you want the 3DS version, I highly recommend the circle pad pro accessory that provides the 2nd analog control. It's bulky and sets you back $20 but it is the best way to play the game.

As for visuals, Wii U is obviously better but it's an HD port of a portable game so don't expect your mind to be blown.

And if can own both, then do it. The game allows you to transfer save files from the Wii U to 3DS and vice versa. So if you're going on a trip and you can't take your Wii U, you can continue your progress on the go using the 3DS version.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

You'll get better graphics, online and better controls with Wii-U version.

You get portability with 3DS version.

I went for portability myself, as I wasn't interested in online, and it's really easy to just bring a 3DS when I want to play local co-op with friends. Can't wait for MH4!