Megaman Starforce 3 @ IGN score: 6.0 (WTF?)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

http://ds.ign.com/articles/100/1002063p1.html

I`m a bit angry. What the big deal with critics giving it low scores just because it feels like a reharsh? If you look around, players are giving good to great scores to this game but critics are giving it so-so scores.

Are critics followers of Obama slogan? They want the game to "change, change, change..."?

If its not broken, then don`t fix it, just improve. Starforce 3 has been the best in series so far.

wiidskirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 wiidskirby
Member since 2008 • 1317 Posts

Remember, you can't spell ignorant without IGN.

While I have only played the demo from the Nintendo Channel, I found it to be very entertaining.

Avatar image for thefireflower99
thefireflower99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 thefireflower99
Member since 2006 • 1513 Posts

The series has been out for so long. After a while, the gameplay can get kinda repetitive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9ba38f308de
deactivated-5f9ba38f308de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5f9ba38f308de
Member since 2005 • 1468 Posts

Megaman games are repetitive and the graphics are so outta date...From what they wrote, it doesnt look like htey totally screwed up. If u like the game, then sure go ahead and like it, who cares about ratings -_- it's someone's opinion, so why u trippin?

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 meiaman

Megaman games are repetitive and the graphics are so outta date...From what they wrote, it doesnt look like htey totally screwed up. If u like the game, then sure go ahead and like it, who cares about ratings -_- it's someone's opinion, so why u trippin?

Spirit_Warriors
Well, its simple. If they give it low reviews, some people will avoid buying it, which means less sales and which means that there will be less chance of sequels. See where i am getting at?
Hegna1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hegna1
Member since 2007 • 6118 Posts
I've only played starforce 1 (not a huge megaman fan), but I did like it. If starforce 3 is about the same style, it should get at least the same score. I don't believe starforce 1 deserves a 6, so there's no way starforce 3 should really get that score.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
I stopped following scores a long time ago.
Sophia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sophia
Member since 2003 • 567 Posts

[QUOTE="Spirit_Warriors"]

meiaman

Well, its simple. If they give it low reviews, some people will avoid buying it, which means less sales and which means that there will be less chance of sequels. See where i am getting at?

You're assuming that everyone who purchases a game will actually read a review beforehand and be influenced by it. A lot of people read reviews, but not everyone makes their decision based on it.

Avatar image for blazing_quilava
blazing_quilava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#9 blazing_quilava
Member since 2008 • 2846 Posts

IGN can be really stupid, I meandid they play it or replay the second one? I completly disagree with the IGN reveiw and I hope that gamespot getstheres right

Avatar image for blazing_quilava
blazing_quilava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#10 blazing_quilava
Member since 2008 • 2846 Posts

[QUOTE="meiaman"][QUOTE="Spirit_Warriors"]

Sophia

You're assuming that everyone who purchases a game will actually read a review beforehand and be influenced by it. A lot of people read reviews, but not everyone makes their decision based on it.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean that no one reads the reveiws and is affected by them. Another thing is that I don't think that Ign should subtract a tonpoints because they didn't change the formula. I agree meia "If it's not broken, don't fix it, improve it". I'd also like to see more sequals in these game be cause I really like the first and third one.

P.S. sorry about the double post.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 meiaman

[QUOTE="meiaman"][QUOTE="Spirit_Warriors"]

Sophia

Hm... maybe you`re right. Oh well. Through some good scores wouldn`t hurt, hehe. off-topic: Sophia, long time no see. You dissapeared from these boards.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Lmao. Only thing I could say.

Another brilliant Gamespot review.

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts

Lmao. Only thing I could say.

Another brilliant Gamespot review.

awssk8er716
It was an IGN review... -_- I've learned to never listen to "professional" reviews of Megaman games, I never agree with them anyway.
Tauruslink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tauruslink
Member since 2005 • 6586 Posts
I find it so ironic that they give this game a low score for being "repetitive" yet they give Pokemon games good scores even though every game has the same basic gameplay.
JohnnyDanger87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JohnnyDanger87
Member since 2009 • 315 Posts

If you like the game enough, then it does not matter what the "experts" think.

Hegna1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hegna1
Member since 2007 • 6118 Posts
I find it so ironic that they give this game a low score for being "repetitive" yet they give Pokemon games good scores even though every game has the same basic gameplay.Tauruslink
As much as I like Pokemon, this guy's right. Pokemon is pretty repetitive, though each generation has brought in cool additions.
SuperfastSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#17 SuperfastSonic
Member since 2008 • 12114 Posts
I just read the review in Nintendo Power and they gave it a 6.0, so I see what you mean. Don't worry about it though: if you like the game- buy it!
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I have been waiting to read some reviews of this game before purchasing it. Nintendo Power gave it a six as well but did not devote enough space to it for me to get a handle on whether or not I would be interested.

Despite the score itself I appreciated the IGN review and am leaning towards a purchase now.

I agree though. I am not a big fan of deducting points because of a so called lack of progressive new features in a sequel.

darkwolfyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 darkwolfyboy
Member since 2008 • 610 Posts

I think it's up to play style, and for some reason, most reviewers seem to have a narrow respective on games. I've played Starforce 3, beaten 2, and at least tried 1, and I think it's a great series.(But it will NEVER be as great as Battle Netowrk. The closest thing that touches BN is SF 3.)

roosuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 roosuu
Member since 2009 • 1084 Posts
I've played the entire battle network series and it got repetitive after number 3. I can see how it got a 6.0.
Tauruslink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tauruslink
Member since 2005 • 6586 Posts
[QUOTE="Tauruslink"]I find it so ironic that they give this game a low score for being "repetitive" yet they give Pokemon games good scores even though every game has the same basic gameplay.Hegna1
As much as I like Pokemon, this guy's right. Pokemon is pretty repetitive, though each generation has brought in cool additions.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I love Pokemon, but every game has a few changes.
2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 2chimcha3
Member since 2009 • 281 Posts
DUDE! IGN is a loser website to give MMSF3 a 6.0. Not rightous. I was forced to wait an extra day to get the game due to shipping when i really wanted it the first day. Man that game is great. I give it from 9.0-10. It is AWESOME. It desirves more than a 6.0. IGN must go DOWN...
Matt-Porter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Matt-Porter
Member since 2008 • 239 Posts

If the game is a sequel, and it's not the second game in a series, look at user reviews, not critic. In general you should pay mor eattention to users anyways, they're more like you. IGN rates it as they do because it's the same thing over and over, it's great, but they're just milking the series. A 6 does sound pretty low, even for that, but we all know how the games play, if you're into the others, this one will please you as well, with a new addition or two if you're lucky.

bl33kda58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bl33kda58
Member since 2007 • 220 Posts
Megaman starforce games have been sucking ever since the first one why are you so suprised.
wiidskirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wiidskirby
Member since 2008 • 1317 Posts

So, I played the demo on the Nintendo Channel and really enjoyed it, but I have not played any of the previous installments. Do you guys think that I would like this or not? Thanks.