Mega Man Battle Network Now on Nintendo eShop

This topic is locked from further discussion.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Edited By digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

I saw this on Twitter today:

Nintendo goes on to call it "A futuristic cyber adventure starring Mega Man! In a future where everyone owns a personal exploration terminal--PET for short--convenience is at your fingertips. With PETs, humankind is connected to a network that allows instant communication and handling of every day needs. But with the latest upgrades, network viruses have also flourished."

Now, I can't help but look at this and be slightly bothered by this... When I think of getting a new Mega Man I think of getting something like this:

But instead I get this?

Have any of you played this style of Mega Man? Am I over reacting? Let me know what you think.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#1 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I never played that kind of Megaman. I do know some people who really like it, though.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Megaman Battle Network is a different kind of beast simply for the fact that there are 6 games in total (12 if you count paired versions separate and the Gamecube game). It has the random battles of a RPG, but the battles are a mix of action and real-time tactical. I personally had fun with them, but they can be pretty inconsistent in quality and newcomers will definitely be overwhelmed by the amount of games. I'm pretty conflicted with the first game being available on the eShop because it's not the best of the bunch (a lot of fans, including me, prefer the third and sixth games, but opinions vastly vary) and I'm hoping they'll release the others as well.

I appreciate the fact we're getting at least something out of the Megaman fanchise, even though it's a re-release, because in all honestly Capcom does not know what they're doing with it. It's pretty sad to know that Megaman has to spiritually live off of Mighty No. 9 because Capcom still retains ownership of Inafune's works and creations after his departure.