Marth confirmed for SSB!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Idk if anyone else caught this, but on Nov. 7th it was confirmed that Fire Emblem's hero Marth is returning for his third consecutive appearance Super Smash Bros.

One of my favorite Smash Bros. characters makes a return to the arena.  Is it safe to say his place in the series is cemented yet?
One of my favorite Smash Bros. characters makes a return to the arena. Is it safe to say his place in the series is cemented yet?

I'm pretty excited about this because Marth has always been one of my favorite FE characters, and it's good to see that the Fire Emblem series has a staple character in the smash bros games.

I think that makes about 18 characters in the game so far? Seems like most of their big properties are represented.

It is worth noting that so far Yoshi hasn't been confirmed for the game, and he has been a series regular since the N64 original. I'm hoping he is announced, because Yoshi was one of those characters who played a lot differently than some of the others.

There is also no sign of Ness or Captain Falcon. And, there will probably be a few more familiar faces confirmed yet.

EnoshimaJunko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EnoshimaJunko
Member since 2013 • 322 Posts

Oh, really? I was hoping Chrom would make an appearance in the next SSB. Lucina would be nice too (and SSB could use more chicks in it). I guess I still have a chance at one of them making it in, since in Melee and Brawl there were 2 FE characters, so why not 2 Fire Emblem characters in Super Smash Bros WiiU&3DS.

And I also hope the roster is at least as big as Brawl's. I like it when there's more characters to pick from (so long as they don't all suck). I think Yoshi will be in the game, since he's been in all 3 SSB's so far, and a lot of people would probably be upset if he didn't make it in. Ness and Captain Falcon are a bit shakier; yes, they've been in all 3 SSB games so far, but they haven't had a game out in years. But they still have a good chance to make it in.

Then there's the question: what non-Pikachu Pokemon will make it in?

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

I noticed. Its nice that Marth is included, though I think it was a no-brainer (Yoshi, Ness, and C. Falcon are also a no-brainers), but I'm looking more forward to Ike/Chrom announcement more than his...

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#4 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I also assume Ness is in. If he isn't Sakurai had better be ready for my rage!

I have never used Marth too much, and I am not a big FE fan (maybe that is the reason why), but he has an unique set of moves, so it is nice to see him back.

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

Yoshi will probably be revealed when more info on that yarn Yoshi game is revealed.

I don't know if that Earthbound remake for WiiU has already been released, but if it has not, then similar story for Ness.

I'm more surprised that the Mario series has no more potential unlockables given that Luigi has always been unlockable. Maybe they'll be another Mario character.

Same with the Zelda series. Other Link and Ganon are usually unlockables. Maybe we'll get another Zelda character?

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

I've never been into the SSB series, but if Shulk from Xenoblade is not in the game, or another Xenoblade character, it'll be a crime.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pierst179
@roboccs said:

I've never been into the SSB series, but if Shulk from Xenoblade is not in the game, or another Xenoblade character, it'll be a crime.

You are right about that. Xenoblade deserves some SSB love!

EnoshimaJunko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 EnoshimaJunko

@Pierst179 said:
@roboccs said:

You are right about that. Xenoblade deserves some SSB love!

I kinda doubt a character from Xenoblade would make it in. SSB generally has 1st-party only characters in it. Yes, there's been a few exceptions, such as Sonic or Mega Man, but I really don't get the feeling Xenoblade will make an appearance here.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

@EnoshimaJunko: Xenoblade is first party, lol

EnoshimaJunko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EnoshimaJunko

@ttualumni13 said:

@EnoshimaJunko: Xenoblade is first party, lol

When I said 1st party, I meant made by Nintendo. Monolith Soft made Xenoblade. Nintendo only published it. And I still think its a bit unlikely for someone from Xenoblade to make it into SSB.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

@EnoshimaJunko: Nintendo owns monolith soft. Monolith has worked on many Nintendo titles too including Skyward Sword.

It's just like the relationship they have with Intelligent Systems who make Fire Emblem games... Note the title of this topic and what game the character is from.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

@EnoshimaJunko: Monolith soft is wholly owned by Nintendo, it is a first party made and published game lol, notnsure how this misconception is still floating around years later :P

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Marth was no surprise. He is the main character of Fire Emblem. He was no more a surprise as Mario, Pikachu and DK. Especially with Fire Emblem X SMT coming to the Wii U and FE: Awakening on the 3DS. Now Roy coming back would have been a pleasant SURPRISE. Ike even would be a surprise. But Marth nah.

EnoshimaJunko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EnoshimaJunko

@ttualumni13 said:

@EnoshimaJunko: Monolith soft is wholly owned by Nintendo, it is a first party made and published game lol, notnsure how this misconception is still floating around years later :P

I didn't know that. Perhaps I should look into these things more before I open my mouth....

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

so there's still only 3 newbies so far? i really hope they're just waiting to reveal more...

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pierst179
@starwarsjunky said:

so there's still only 3 newbies so far? i really hope they're just waiting to reveal more...

I am assuming they will only reveal those when E3 comes around.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

Marth is not a surprise. I won't be surprised if they include Chrom as well. I hope they reveal some obvious newcomers in Nintendo Directs before E3 while leaving the stuff we would never expect (like Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager) for E3.

Also, Wii Fit trainer is getting a male skin and Xerneas will make an appearance.