Mario Maker Online Sharing Being Considered

#1 Posted by trugs26 (5502 posts) -

and a 3DS version could happen too:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mario-maker-online-sharing-being-considered-3ds-ve/1100-6421163/

I thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention. The main concern is the word "considered". In my opinion, this game *needs* online sharing, or it may as well not exist altogether. I hope others agree, and I hope people are vocal about this necessity to help Nintendo realise the importance of such a feature in a game like Mario Maker.

What do you think?

#2 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9598 posts) -

"Considered"? Having online sharing should have been one of the things they planned on from the start.

#3 Edited by spike6958 (4794 posts) -

It's stupid that Nintendo even has to considers this, and just adds more confirmation to the fact that Nintendo doesn't have a clue how the world works.

Regardless of how they "want" people to play, most gamers play alone these days, and when they play with friends, they still sit alone and talk to there friends who are also sat alone either via skype or through chat options provided on other systems, very few people get together, at least on a regular basis, and pass the controllers around.

As far as I'm concerned, no online sharing = no sale. Instead I'll grab LittleBigPlanet 3, because these guys know how this sort of game should work.

#4 Edited by Star0 (443 posts) -

"Considered"?

Are they just squeezing our balls or are they seriously debating whether this should happen?

Nintendo are so backward.

The main draw would be SHARING ffs.

#5 Edited by Meinhard1 (6769 posts) -

I'm optimistic that it will be included. "Considered" is certainly not the word people want to hear for what could be a make-or-break feature. But being that his reasoning is that he's concerned not enough content would be shared, it's possible that he's simply not allowed to confirm it yet.

ANYWAYS -- the article also confirms a form of Mario Paint style music editing. Custom music is evidence of good creative leeway,

#6 Posted by yokofox33 (29701 posts) -

I'm as shocked as you guys are. Considered? It should have been the first fucking feature they thought of. What's the real appeal of playing your own levels? I want to share mine and play other peoples' levels.

#7 Edited by Pierst179 (10800 posts) -

I am also surprised by the word "considered".

This should be a game that gravitates around sharing user-created content. Otherwise, it will be pretty unremarkable.

#8 Edited by Toxic-Seahorse (4133 posts) -

@Pierst179 said:

I am also surprised by the word "considered".

This should be a game that gravitates around sharing user-created content. Otherwise, it will be pretty unremarkable.

This. You'd think the entire game would be based around sharing made levels. Them not include it would be ridiculous. Then again, this is Nintendo we're talking about and they don't always seem to make sensible decisions.

#9 Edited by Essian (3436 posts) -

I don't understand how this game exists without it? I mean really? I don't want to play my own ****ing levels! And I'm not really dying to bring my friends over to die on levels I spend hours creating.

Online connectivity, or no buy from me (which is a shame, because I really want more games on my WiiU, but boy are they making it difficult)

#10 Posted by PikachuDude860 (792 posts) -

...Uh...Why consider it? I'm sorry but just making and playing your own levels, though pretty cool, will get boring very fast. Hardly worth the money.

If it was a full fledged Mario game with a level editor, that would be excusable. But why in samhill wouldn't you be able to play other people's levels and share your own? That's just dumb. I hope Nintendo is not crazy enough to do something like that.

#11 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8962 posts) -

Don't worry guys. The article is click bait from Gamespot. It is very poorly worded. Online sharing is already major focus for this game. Nintendo is just ironing out how best to go about it so that everybody's creations get attention.

#12 Posted by outworld222 (2426 posts) -

@Pikminmaniac said:

Don't worry guys. The article is click bait from Gamespot. It is very poorly worded. Online sharing is already major focus for this game. Nintendo is just ironing out how best to go about it so that everybody's creations get attention.

That's what I gather. Personally I am very intrigued by this game if it ever comes to the 3DS.

#13 Posted by jcrame10 (279 posts) -

@trugs26: I automatically assumed it would. What is the point if it doesn't? Haha Sony > Nintendo once again unfortunately. Littlebigplanet did this like 6 years ago.

#14 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2582 posts) -

This game will be pretty worthless if there's no online connectivity. Who wants to spend a bunch of time building levels and then play them?

#15 Posted by Star0 (443 posts) -

They should just make a sandbox kit like Project Spark and let us sell whatever we create with a share of profit going to them.

#16 Posted by thedude- (2196 posts) -

I wonder? Does Nintendo have a dedicated development team for network integration?

#17 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7409 posts) -

@Demonjoe93 said:

"Considered"? Having online sharing should have been one of the things they planned on from the start.

This.