apparantly 720p 60fps even on 2 player splitscreen. but 3 or 4 player will reduce the quality.
no voice chat apparantly http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/57275/mario-kart-8-omitting-voice-chat/
blue shell is nerfed..
check out the video at the 2min mark....he gets hit and it doesnt completetly stop him.:
gamepad features vid..:
at the 33sec mark of this vid..a new item is shown. the pirana plant...looks a bit OP imo...:
rainbow road from n64 returns in vid here:
at 3:05 of this vid.. you can see the new boomberang item
n64 toads turnpike makes a return...see at 3:45 of this vid:
Mario Kart Stadium
Sweet Sweet Canyon
Shy Guy Falls
Bone Dry Ruins
Wii Moo Moo Meadows
DS Cheep Cheep Beach
GBA Mario Circuit
N64 Toad’s Turnpike
GCN Dry Dry Desert
SNES Donut Plains 3
N64 Royal Raceway
3DS DK Jungle
N64 Rainbow Road
DS Tick Tock Clock
Wii Grumble Volcano
3DS Music Park
3DS Piranha Plant Pipeway
New features include:
- Spin Turbo: While racing upside down or on walls, players can bump into other racers or certain course obstacles to get a speed boost. Spin Turbo fundamentally redefines the way that players compete, and makes antigravity racing even more exhilarating.
- Returning characters: In Mario Kart 8, players can race with returning characters Metal Mario, Lakitu and Shy Guy. These newly revealed returning characters join a host of previously announced favourites including all seven of Bowser’s minions, who are playable for the first time in Mario Kart history.
- New items: Two new items join the fray in Mario Kart 8. First, the Piranha Plant attaches to the front of the player’s kart and chomps at other characters, banana peels on the course or even shells thrown by other characters. Each time the Piranha Plant lunges forward to bite, the player receives a brief boost of speed. The second new item is the Boomerang Flower. After acquiring it, racers can throw a boomerang at opponents to stun them, and its arc allows players to strike multiple opponents with a single toss. The boomerang can be thrown three times, forward or backwards.
- New courses: Remixed classic courses make a return in Mario Kart 8 with favourites such as Moo Moo Meadows from Mario Kart Wii, Toad’s Turnpike from Mario Kart 64 and Donut Plains from Super Mario Kart, among others. The graphics and layout of these courses have been redesigned and reimagined. For example, Toad’s Turnpike now allows players to drive up certain walls in antigravity mode. The game will include 16 new courses and 16 remixed classic courses.
- Live recorded music: For the first time in the Mario Kart series, select courses in Mario Kart 8 feature music recorded by live performers.
- Control scheme: Mario Kart 8 will support a variety of control schemes including the Wii U GamePad, the Wii U Pro Controller, the Wii Wheel, and Wii Remote and Nunchuk. The game can also be played in off-TV mode using just the Wii U GamePad.
in other news...bullet bill item makes a return...sigh..i hated that item. was awesome if you were losing though.
post any info you guys have seen.