Mario Kart 8 bundle

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joshrocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 joshrocker
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

The Mario Kart 8 bundles are sold out pretty much everywhere. Were these limited edition bundles or is Nintendo shipping more of them?

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

dunno, it's a great bundle so peeps are eating it up, all my local bestbuy had was 2 mario and luigi u bundles on shelf. I looked up where they stored their consoles they had a ton of ps4 and xbox1 but hardly any wii us. If they plan to advertise MK8 till the end of the year they might ship more but the free game promo ends july 31. Why not buy a refurb from nintendo's online store for $200 and then buy a copy of MK8 and get that free game. You'll save money and be happy. The only thing you won't get is the mario themed wii wheel and wiimote and the 160 coins for the console but hey atleast it comes with a 1 year warranty

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?_DARGS=/ng3/global/gadgets/productListRangeRow.jsp.addToCartFormId

joshrocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 joshrocker

@Celsius765: I generally try to stay away from refurbished consoles. Just something about them that makes me uncomfortable.

We need the extra wiimote and the price of the regular bundle is quite the premium over the Mario Kart one.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Celsius765

@joshrocker: At least the refurb is from nintendo themselves that much makes me trust it well that and this unboxing video

Loading Video...

if not this try amazon

joshrocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By joshrocker

@Celsius765: unfortunately Amazon will not sell the hardware directly. It's only sold by third parties at a markup. I actually found one at a Kmart. They are the only store around me that had any in stock. Everywhere else was sold out and has been for a while. I'm kind of surprised Nintendo let there be a shortage. They finally have a hotselling device and they don't have the consoles on store shelves to sell.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Celsius765

@joshrocker said:

@Celsius765: unfortunately Amazon will not sell the hardware directly. It's only sold by third parties at a markup. I actually found one at a Kmart. They are the only store around me that had any in stock. Everywhere else was sold out and has been for a while. I'm kind of surprised Nintendo let there be a shortage. They finally have a hotselling device and they don't have the consoles on store shelves to sell.

oh congrats on your new console then. My guess is they weren't expecting such a huge response

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

Pretty sure you can get them from the Nintendo Store

joshrocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 joshrocker

@Celsius765: I suspect you're right. Hopefully this will jump start things for them. Funny thing about kmart, I had checked online earlier in the day and I didn't even see the bundle mentioned on their website. That probably explains why they had a couple left.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts
@joshrocker said:

@Celsius765: I suspect you're right. Hopefully this will jump start things for them. Funny thing about kmart, I had checked online earlier in the day and I didn't even see the bundle mentioned on their website. That probably explains why they had a couple left.

Being fair though the game section at Kmart seems to be going downhill and growing substantially smaller. The store used to be great during the days of the Wii and beginning of the Wii U for older, hard to find titles. Last year I bought Muramasa The Demon Blade for about $2.00 brand new. My local stores are extremely desolate when it comes to gaming.

ZyroXZ2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 ZyroXZ2
Member since 2014 • 92 Posts

Sadly, my friend bought a Kinectless XBox1 because she couldn't find a Mario Kart 8 bundle... *sigh*