Luigi Special Edition 3DS XL question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

Is the Mario and Luigi: Dream Team 30th anniversary 3DS bundle a limited edition?

I ask this because it's $200 brand new on Amazon. My local Best Buy has 2 in stock, and you can order more from their online store, also a Target near my house has about 12 of them behind the glass.

It was released on December 2nd, 2013. So how is it so easy to find brand new?

The new smash bros editions are already sold out locally and sell for $230+ on Amazon, same with Gamestops recently released NES version which is sold out locally and $250+ on Amazon. The Golden Zelda 3DS bundled with A Link Between Worlds starts at $280 brand new.

So, if the 30th anniversary edition is a Limited Edition, why is it such an anomaly? I know at release some places were selling it for $170 and that throws me into further confusion because it's a special edition that comes with a $40 game.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@polishkid99 said:

Is the Mario and Luigi: Dream Team 30th anniversary 3DS bundle a limited edition?

I ask this because it's $200 brand new on Amazon. My local Best Buy has 2 in stock, and you can order more from their online store, also a Target near my house has about 12 of them behind the glass.

The new smash bros editions are already sold out locally and sell for $230+ on Amazon, same with Gamestops recently released NES version which is sold out locally and $250+ on Amazon. The Golden Zelda 3DS bundled with A Link Between Worlds starts at $280 brand new.

So, if the 30th anniversary edition is a Limited Edition, why is it such an anomaly? I know at release some places were selling it for $170 and that throws me into further confusion because it's a special edition that comes with a $40 game.

yes its limited it will dissapear soon...especially when new 3ds releases next year.

im surprised there is still copies available...if you like it grab it now....unless you want to wait for new 3ds.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

For one thing - returns.

The other thing is that there's just a lot of different LE consoles out there, back in the days of the GB there were much less. It seems now there's a different LE console every month.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4  Edited By polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts
@KBFloYd said:

@polishkid99 said:

yes its limited it will dissapear soon...especially when new 3ds releases next year.

im surprised there is still copies available...if you like it grab it now....unless you want to wait for new 3ds.

Why not have both? ;)