Lucario returns in upcoming Super Smash Bros.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by mario-galaxys (614 posts) -

This is to let everyone know that the Aura Pokemon Lucario has returned to Super Smash Bros.

Link

#2 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2971 posts) -

Damn it,you took my last bag of potato chips...I guess his aura is persistent enough to let him stay and tag along with the Villager,I might be looking through the actual site to see if he did came back with the expressive attitude.

"Aura is with me." I'll be.. he looks much better than he was back in Brawl(specifically his facial reactions)

#3 Edited by Smashbrossive50 (2971 posts) -

and

proved much that he is more comical than he is being serious,too bad.. in order to enjoy such definition I might need to have a WiiU.

Official Site

#4 Edited by Superzone (3713 posts) -

Honestly surprised by the Lucario reveal. I really didn't think he'd make it back for this one. Glad he's back though, but there's one problem: this likely means Mewtwo isn't returning again :(

#5 Edited by Smashbrossive50 (2971 posts) -

@Superzone said:

Honestly surprised by the Lucario reveal. I really didn't think he'd make it back for this one. Glad he's back though, but there's one problem: this likely means Mewtwo isn't returning again :(

I might predict if he DID came back for another bout,Mewtwo should look like that one on the side

#6 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4865 posts) -

I'm pretty disappointed that most of his moves (if not all) and animations remain the same. This Smash Bros game is still feeling like a HD Brawl expansion than a new game. Hopefully they'll reveal more new stuff soon.

#7 Posted by linkdarkside (6255 posts) -

Lucario look amazing, I am glad he is back.

#8 Posted by nini200 (10089 posts) -

I'm glad they aren't bringing Mewtwo back. If they were to bring it back, they need to seriously revamp it's entire moveset.

#9 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16909 posts) -

Weird they aren't doing a different "fighting" Pokemon from a more recent generation. Lucario was really just Mewtwo with an altered move set, surprised they didn't do the same with Lucario in Universe.

#10 Posted by KBFloYd (14401 posts) -

lucario players are nothing but campers...lol

whatever. they all suck anyway :P

#11 Edited by wiifan001 (18448 posts) -

They ought to throw in another playable Pokemon or two.

Gen 5 and 6 have no recognition in the smash bros universe yet

#12 Posted by tocool340 (20609 posts) -

@KBFloYd: Even though I haven't played brawl in a very long time and Lucario isn't my main, them sound like fighting words to me! Wanna go a few rounds of my Lucario aura stomping whatever you bring into the arena?!...=P

#13 Edited by KBFloYd (14401 posts) -

@tocool340 said:

@KBFloYd: Even though I haven't played brawl in a very long time and Lucario isn't my main, them sound like fighting words to me! Wanna go a few rounds of my Lucario aura stomping whatever you bring into the arena?!...=P

no but really....i dont feel like exchanging friend codes for this :P

#14 Posted by tocool340 (20609 posts) -

@KBFloYd:

All I see is this^ Me being Wolf, and you Kirby lol...

#15 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4865 posts) -

@wiifan001 said:

They ought to throw in another playable Pokemon or two.

Gen 5 and 6 have no recognition in the smash bros universe yet

Xerneas is making an appearance as a stage hazard or pokeball. Hopefully Gen 5 also has some kind of representation.

#16 Edited by Meinhard1 (6786 posts) -

One of the factors in bringing him back may have been how he powers up with increased damage. That makes him a more unique fighter than Mewtwo, if not as popular.

#17 Edited by KBFloYd (14401 posts) -

@tocool340 said:

@KBFloYd:

All I see is this^ Me being Wolf, and you Kirby lol...

ok...can you do it right now?

#18 Edited by tocool340 (20609 posts) -

@KBFloYd: I'm around right now if you're up for a couple of matches.

#19 Posted by Ovirew (6445 posts) -

I remember when diamond and pearl came out and Lucario got really popular all of the sudden, it was strange. I was shocked when it became a character in Brawl, but then I guess if Jigglypuff can be in there then so can other random pokemon.

It does bug me that Mewtwo was taken out of the roster in Brawl, though. I mean for me at least, Mewtwo was always as iconic as Pikachu, and one of the most powerful pokemon to boot. It would be cool if you could have Mewtwo change into either of its mega forms for its super smash attack thing. Maybe that's what Lucario will do also?