Looking Into Buying 3DS XL... HELP!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by N1K0LA191 (66 posts) -

I'm thinking about picking up a Nintendo 3DS XL with Zelda Ocarina of Time, and Pokemon X & Y. I haven't owned or purchased a Nintendo product in such a long time. I was wondering if anyone could help me find somewhere to get the best deals at the best prices! Thanks so much!

#2 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1234 posts) -

Don't get an Xl. Get a regular 3DS.

#3 Posted by Kenny789 (10159 posts) -

I honestly think the upcoming Zelda 3DS XL looks the best right now. Unique and comes with a game. Although I think standard XL's are cheaper? Sorry I ain't so sure. All I know for sure is that a 3DS XL is definitely worth it over the other models.

#4 Posted by Jaysonguy (37385 posts) -

@Kenny789 said:

I honestly think the upcoming Zelda 3DS XL looks the best right now. Unique and comes with a game. Although I think standard XL's are cheaper? Sorry I ain't so sure. All I know for sure is that a 3DS XL is definitely worth it over the other models.

It would be best if it didn't make all the games it plays look bad.

I would grab a standard 3DS XL or maybe wait and see if the new Japanese colors come here, personally I'd stay away from the Zelda version. The novelty is not worth wrecking how every single game looks.

#5 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -
#6 Edited by Jaysonguy (37385 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: isn't the battery much better?

In what? The special 3DS?

I think all the 3DS XL's have the same battery life, I'm not sure though.

#7 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16371 posts) -

Why do you say that? I too am considering a 3DS XL purchase.

#8 Posted by YiLiu61 (11 posts) -

@Kenny789 said:

I'm really happy I just preordered that one week ago.

#9 Posted by GH05T-666 (205 posts) -

Get The Legend of Zelda 3DS XL

I have a Pikachu 3DS XL and I love it, best purchase I have made in ages!

I highly recommend a Nintendo 3DS XL to everyone!

#10 Edited by TwistedShade (3112 posts) -

If you don't mind waiting until Black Friday both BestBuy, and Toys R Us will have the Luigi's Mansion 3DS Bundle for $149.99.

Additionally Target will have 3DS XL's on sale for $149.99. If you can't wait for either of these I would also check Ebay. I know it's where I bought mine from and there's usually good deals on it.

#11 Posted by AllDATanNsum (23 posts) -

If I were you, I'd boy-cott the system you are considering and consider why there are no first person games for the 3ds, especally when the 3ds has a 3d cams, in the front that would make for some really interesting augmented reality games, I wonder why nintendo puts out hardwear that has so much potential, but fails missabily at using the devices capabilies to the casual gamers imagination only and does cater to people that really eat, sleep, and play games all day. Does anyone remember the shovel-wear crap that came out like crazy on both the origanal wii, and the first ds? What happened to all those publishers putting out games for children? How many people bought the wii just for the sports disc. Nintendo is lacking some imagination or some willingness to listen to smart people that talk about it on these internet forums, why doesn't virtual reality really exist, why aren't any 3d games that are really 3d, and not ports or playable in 2d, they should have some box que-bert like games that only work in 3d allready. why all the slack???? ya'll

#12 Posted by Twisted14 (3497 posts) -

Why would anyone choose to boycott a system just because it doesn't use a small feature of its hardware, even though it has a bunch of good games available and more coming in the future? I also don't know how the camera would help with first person games.

#13 Posted by kupocake (8 posts) -

If there's anyone in the UK reading this, Argos have a £159.99 3DS XL (Black or Pink) with Professor Layton 5 & 6 for free until the 19th of November.

#14 Posted by Bigboi500 (28782 posts) -

@Master_Of_Fools said:

Why do you say that? I too am considering a 3DS XL purchase.

Don't listen to those guys at all. The XL is miles better than the original tiny 3ds.

#15 Posted by drekula2 (1872 posts) -

Go with the XL.

Bigger screen (yes it does matter), better battery life, no fingerprint stick, rounded edges, better positioned stylus.