For those who have had time to play games, explore the OS, tinker with apps, and utilize the online features, tell us in a numbered listed order what needs to change. From highest priority to lowest, list out your demands. I mention it like this because I have realized that the Wii U is great in many respects with just the most blatant issues that other modern electronics companies would never allow to happen. Nintendo has always excelled at the creative and then overlooks some practical applications of gaming standards.
1. OS loading times need to be fixed. (whatever it takes, more inexperienced users will be driven crazy by this)
2. Voice chat should be integrated into the background of the OS. Nintendo has never understood how to get it working right. You should be able to chat by simply pressing the Home button and looking at your friend list no matter what software you are using. Software should derive their chat system from a universal interface made by Nintendo. This isn't a revolutionary feature, its how social technology works.
3. Second screen application for apps like Netflix, Youtube, or Video on demand software are nonexistant. I should be able to watch a video on the TV while browsing other content on the GamePad or vice versa. That second screen is what will pull me away from using these apps on my laptop, PC, iPhone, next gen console and so on. It should be the X factor but it doesn't exist yet. I am hoping this is due to lack of time and not lack of vision or capability.
4. Friend lists and partying up with players should be as intuitive as the gameplay Nintendo claims to put forth.
5. When I press the Home button I want a wider spectrum of places to go. I should be able to play Little Inferno, press Home button, and then click a link to play Netflix. Its not that difficult and it allows more accessibility. I should be able to jump from any software in the system from the Home button.
new complaints** update
6. Wiii U Pro Controller lacks analogue triggers. This is a big deal for rsacing and shooting games esp. but it just causes difficulty for all third party developers trying to make multiplat games be similar is performance quality.
7. Nintendo is not standardizing their control options AT ALL!!!! New Super Mario Bros. U requires you to use Wiimotes. You can't even play coop with a Wiimote and the other player using a GamePad. You have to play boost mode while one player is actually travelling the levels. I think its bad business practice to artificially make certain controller propriotary for no reason. The Wiimote is a basic controller, many games support just this controller. However the GamePad, Pro Controller, and Classic Controller all function exactly the same. It has the same D-Pad and 2 buttons in the same placement area. Considering I started out with a GamePad, a Pro Controller, and a Wiimote I shpould have been able to play NSMBU with 2 other friends. The reality is I can only play 1 player actively.
**Top Complaints by Other Users**
SolidTy- 'Wii U Pro Controller lacks a headphone jack so you have to tether it to a GamePad.'