The Wars series has been around for a long time, since Famicom days. But the turn of the millennia established Advance Wars as one of Nintendo's strongest IP's.
- Advance Wars 1 and 2 came on the Gameboy Advance.
- Battalion Wars came out on Gamecube.
- Dual Strike and Days of Ruin came out on Nintendo DS.
- Battalion Wars 2 came out on Wii.
- Basically 3 Wars games per gen
Dual Strike was one of my favorite games of all time. Days of Ruin was a great game, compared to most DS games, but a disappointing follow-up.
Intelligent Systems, the maker of Advance Wars, also makes Fire Emblem, Paper Mario and Wario. Fire Emblem and Paper Mario came out for the 3DS already so AW5 is due or a dumb Wario game.