legend of zelda skyward sword Controls are soooooooooooooo bad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yonaswii08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 yonaswii08
Member since 2007 • 796 Posts

When i read gamespot review on skyward, I honestly thought the controls sucked until i played a demo of the game and got it the same day. Why is gamespot the only place reviewing this game so low? Check this out i found an intresting video. This video bascially said gamespot low grade was all planed out. There is also indications of proof check this out.

The proof video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=NohspP2Nhak

(Watch the video i can't link it!!!)

yonaswii08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 yonaswii08
Member since 2007 • 796 Posts
Oh Yeah by the way i never had a problem with the controls lmao.
Avatar image for FightForTheLost
FightForTheLost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 FightForTheLost
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

The controls are terrible.

Overall Tom Mcshea gave Skyward Sword the score it deserved.

Its utterly pathetic how many professional liars there are that gave this horrifically flawed game a perfect 10.

Broken controls + empty world + utterly forgetable characters does not equate to perfection especially not after a 5 year development cycle in time of which Bethesda a competing game developer basically created a compelling and huge game world with plenty of things to do in it and plenty of interesting people to see.

Nintendo gives its fans a sub par dumbed down totally shoddy product because they know they can get away with it due to the culture of the "yes men" that pervades the Nintendo fan community unfortunately.

That all too familiar lemming like mindless march of Nintendo fan forums to the beat of the out of touch Nintendo company's drum.

LOSTLEAD8R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

#4 LOSTLEAD8R
Member since 2009 • 473 Posts

Its utterly pathetic how many professional liars there are that gave this horrifically flawed game a perfect 10.

Broken controls + empty world + utterly forgetable characters does not equate to perfection especially not after a 5 year development cycle in time of which Bethesda a competing game developer basically created a compelling and huge game world with plenty of things to do in it and plenty of interesting people to see.

Nintendo gives its fans a sub par dumbed down totally shoddy product because they know they can get away with it due to the culture of the "yes men" that pervades the Nintendo fan community unfortunately.

That all too familiar lemming like mindless march of Nintendo fan forums to the beat of the out of touch Nintendo company's drum.

FightForTheLost

It sounds to me like your talking about twilight princess....>.> Skyward Sword has amazing control, but it does have a strong learning curve.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
Thread starter its because McShea is a bloody awful reviewer, the guy played the whole game thinking you had to point the wii-mote at the infra red bar ....

FightForTheLost
really doesnt sound like the same game I played, the controls are perfect judging by the avatar pic I call troll ....
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

FightForTheLost
Low post count, Justin beiber avatar, new account? Yeah, you've never played the game and are just trying to harass people for entertainment :lol:
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
Tom Macshea's review is not the only one out there you know
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
"hay gaiz i just wanted to share this video that it totally wasn't me who made please check it PROOF THAT GAMESPOT WAS GOING TO RATE SS LOW FROM THE START conspiracyconspiracy"
da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts
ive never understood why people complain about wii controls. swinging ur arm = hitting "square" on my ps3 pad. If i hit it too much then it doenst punch as fast as i press button. It is more important not to flail ur arms everywhere using motion controls. It is a tough concept, but lots of people do not understand this about video games.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#10 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i doubt that there was any type of conspiracy. mcshae just wrote what i believe to be his honest thoughts on the game, even if i completely disagree with a lot of it. honestly, what motivation would he really have to give the game a more negative review than he feels it deserves (real question. im not listening to a 30 minute video about how mcshae has something against nintendo or zelda)? yeah, websites generally earn their revenue through ad space, but gamespot isnt some tiny gaming site that needs to get its name out. its not like mcshae would get any advertising money anyway. id have to imagine that he is on salary. all he really gets is a bunch of people calling him an a******. sounds fun.

i think the biggest thing is that the controls in skyward sword are fundamentally different from button presses. in wind waker (and countless other gamepad controlled games), you recognize that a sword slash is needed and you hit the sword slash button before the opening goes away. slashing with the sword is a given and the game would control poorly if link didnt swing the sword when the player hit the button. however, thats not the type of control skyward sword has. slashing the sword exactly how you want to is not a given. part of the game is making broad and controlled actions. you dont just decide to swing the sword; you have to do the motion right. thats not to say that he was playing the game wrong or whatever, but that he was conditioned for games to control a certain way (by other nintendo games, no less).

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts

Skyward Sword has amazing control, but it does have a strong learning curve.

LOSTLEAD8R
This makes absolutely no sense when the game is supposed to be intuitive and 1:1. I haven't played the game, but I can already tell I dislike the motion controls because it isn't real 1:1 motion.
Avatar image for FightForTheLost
FightForTheLost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FightForTheLost
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

"Low post count, Justin beiber avatar, new account? Yeah, you've never played the game and are just trying to harass people for entertainment"

My icon is mocking how Skyward Sword Link looks exactly like Justin Bieber.

Glad you could find the lulz in it. :)

Also I HAVE played the game, I AM playing the game and at present I HAVE reached the Ancient Cistern.

Don't believe me?

Check out my lengthy and epic review of the game on Amazon under my Gamespot username "FightForTheLost".

Amazon doesn't let a person review who hasn't bought from them before and also there's a confirmation on the site that verifies I have indeed purchased the game specifically I got the gold remote + CD bundle.

I go into great detail about why the game is awful as well I go into the Zelda series as a whole and what needs to be done to fix it and get it back on track so its a true triple A title once again.

Though first to do that the series must derail off of the awful track Eiji Anouma has set it on beginning with Majora's Mask and the new director Hidemaro Fujibayashi's Skyward Sword.