Kirby Air Ride 2 (with advanced control system)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tenn1502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tenn1502
Member since 2007 • 1085 Posts
You no doubt heard about the new Wii accessory the balance board (or whatever it's called). I was thinking what possible use could you have for that thing? Than it hit me. Air Ride is one of my favorite gamecube games, and I was wondering if they where going to make a sequel. It would be a terrific idea for them to take advantage of the Wii balence board coupled with Air Ride's amazingly simple controls. Hears how it goes; You stand on the board and lean different directions to steer yourself. To brake, you simply crouch and apply pressure to the board. To glide, you lean backwards on the board when going off a jump. The same thing goes for if you want to dive. If you want to go a step further, you could point the Wiimote at the screen and lock on to enemies. Once your in range, you could hit a button on the remote and absorb it. Of course I still have some things to work out, but it's a near perfect concept. Please tell me what you think.
Avatar image for JustWiicredible
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JustWiicredible
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
Sounds Sweet. I also hope for some snowboading action of the Wii board.SSX BOARDingWii anyone?
RPFcorvette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RPFcorvette
Member since 2005 • 281 Posts

Sounds Sweet. I also hope for some snowboading action of the Wii board.SSX BOARDingWii anyone? JustWiicredible

Ihave been thinking of that too. People think its stupid, but it can be used for more than one thing.

LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts

I had a blast playing that game at my friends house, and that's a really good concept. I'd love to see it happen.

I guess I'll be buying WiiFit (Just for the board) if there are some other good games using the board in interesting ways.

JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JustWiicredible

[QUOTE="JustWiicredible"]Sounds Sweet. I also hope for some snowboading action of the Wii board.SSX BOARDingWii anyone? RPFcorvette

Ihave been thinking of that too. People think its stupid, but it can be used for more than one thing.

The Wii board could be used in conjuction with new games as an extra 'button' so to speak. For example it could be used a duck mechanism in Fps games. Yes We all think Wii fit is lame as it's a easy way to make some use out of theaccessory but as more developers jump on board with the Wii then it might get some much needed gameproduction.
MagicNinja911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 MagicNinja911
Member since 2007 • 847 Posts
i think that the balance board could be cool but i haven't really sound that great most of them sound like you need a skateboard and go ride because it sound like you guys just want snow board game and skate games so just go skate and it will be fun it would be fun
MagicNinja911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MagicNinja911
Member since 2007 • 847 Posts
yes some one else who think wii-fit lame because some people think it going to be a great game ya right it going suck badly and don't buy the game just the board
RPFcorvette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RPFcorvette

i think that the balance board could be cool but i haven't really sound that great most of them sound like you need a skateboard and go ride because it sound like you guys just want snow board game and skate games so just go skate and it will be fun it would be fun MagicNinja911

Your right, but i play tennis in real life and i like wii sports tennis. When it rains i play wii sports tennis. Also people like to be better than they are, thats why they like simulation games.

tenn1502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tenn1502
i think that the balance board could be cool but i haven't really sound that great most of them sound like you need a skateboard and go ride because it sound like you guys just want snow board game and skate games so just go skate and it will be fun it would be fun You are the master of the run-on scentince.
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JustWiicredible
Just a little note. where i livesnow doesn't fall all year round. It would be nice to get in some pratice during the off season. A Wiiboard and a new ssx game is also alot cheaper than going to Canada
RPFcorvette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RPFcorvette

Just a little note. where i livesnow doesn't fall all year round. It would be nice to get in some pratice during the off season. A Wiiboard and a new ssx game is also alot cheaper than going to CanadaJustWiicredible

Same, i live in texas and i love skiing. Hope to see it. (I wish people would think before they post)

Avatar image for nishamuffypuppy
nishamuffypuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 nishamuffypuppy
Member since 2004 • 5731 Posts
Wow I like the idea. And maybe you can use Kirby's Star Rod (from Smash Bros.) with the Wii Remote, to attack enemies or lock onto them like you said with the Wii Remote. :)
tenn1502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tenn1502
Wow I like the idea. And maybe you can use Kirby's Star Rod (from Smash Bros.) with the Wii Remote, to attack enemies or lock onto them like you said with the Wii Remote. Ya know, thats not a bad idea for a boss battle, maby there could be a story mode. And you unlock the Star Rod to use at your leasure after beating it. (oh, and the Star Rod is from Kirby's Adventure / Nightmare in Dreamland)
monkey-squable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 monkey-squable
Member since 2007 • 375 Posts
yeah that would be cool
monkey-squable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 monkey-squable
Member since 2007 • 375 Posts
yeah that would be cool
Kirbster739

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Kirbster739
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts

I really loved Kirby Air Ride, it may be tricky to do on the balance board but they could make it work. And if they did it well it probably would be very fun.

Also, does anyone know if there is any plans for a Wii Kirby Game?

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

i think that the balance board could be cool but i haven't really sound that great most of them sound like you need a skateboard and go ride because it sound like you guys just want snow board game and skate games so just go skate and it will be fun it would be fun You are the master of the run-on scentince.tenn1502

and you're the master of misspelling sentence lol :P

ShinoGenjutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ShinoGenjutsu
Member since 2007 • 2561 Posts
Kirby is fun and that idea p0wns
ppg-katelyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -97

#20 ppg-katelyn
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
OMG! I hope there will be no 'Kirby Air Ride 2' for the Wii! Especially with how 'Sonic Riders 2: Zero Gravity' went!
WolfWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 WolfWatch
Member since 2007 • 882 Posts

The Wii balance board for some sort of game as you mentioned would be great.

However there is no difference in the weight applied when standing or crouching, lol. Mabye step one foot off the board to lower the weight instead.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
Woah that's a pretty good idea. Kirby Air Ride with balance board and Wii-mote controls would be pretty fun. I'd definately give it a try.
bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#23 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

No thanks. Even though a Kirby Air Ride game with the balance board would be slightly different than the first one, I still think the controls would be screwed up like the first one, especially with the fact that Sonic Riders and DK Barrel Blast were a disaster.

I'd rather stick with a 3-D Kirby platformer for the Wii.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#24 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I never played the Gamecube title but from what I heard it was awful, but I guess that the addition of the Balance Board would make it really interesting.

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
I haven't played Kirby Air Ride for the GC, but the idea of the Wii Balance Board use in other games is very interesting. It could bring us so many new possibilities...
XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Member since 2007 • 2399 Posts
Hmm i hoping for that too Kirby Air Ride wasn't a bad game and I played it a lot when i got my gamecube a sequel should be pretty good considering that Kirby hasn't made itsappearanceon the Wii (besides being on SSBB)
k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts
Sounds very cool. Too bad they'll never make it. I think I'd still be happier with a traditional 2.5D game similar to 64, but with the control scheme of Super Star or Squeak Squad. Like that old GC game that got scrapped. They should bring that back.
riseneclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 riseneclipse
Member since 2006 • 1176 Posts
i would love kirby air ride 2, as i played the first one to death with my friends, but i dont want it with the board. im not gonna buy the board if i can avoid it, IMO its a pretty stupid piece of equipment. but thats just my opinion
collinhall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 collinhall
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts

Kirby air ride 2 would be cool. Maybe they could make city trial have more areas, like a jungle or the lost city of atlantis that you would reach by getting on one of those yellow rails.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I hated Kirby Air Ride, but it's a good idea for a better sequel. Send the idea to Nintendo at nintendo.com (contact link at the end of the page).
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts

Kirby air ride 2 would be cool. Maybe they could make city trial have more areas, like a jungle or the lost city of atlantis that you would reach by getting on one of those yellow rails.

collinhall
Normally I'd report you for bringing back this ancient thread, but this is actually a decent idea. I would love a kirby airride 2 but it have to be very different from it's predecessor. That means racing becomes a side feature and flying around like in city trial becomes the main game.
personman1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 personman1234
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

it would be cool if you could use powers on ground.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
HOLY CRAP IS NOSFERATU THREAD!!!!! three revivals?!?!?! O_o
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Yeah I noticed that and had a good laugh.
thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

I would like a Wiiware game for Kirby Air Ride sequal. I would like a full on release for a pretty 2d Kirby game or a 3d conversion.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
if nintendo did that i would then tell them to screw themselfs and wouldn't buy anymore nintendo anything to remake not only the worst kirby game but the worst gc game would brake me
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
wow... how does this thread get bumped every year? its from 2007
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BrunoBRS
wow... how does this thread get bumped every year? its from 2007garrett_duffman
like i said... HOLY CRAP IT'S NOSFERATU THREAD! we gotta stick a wooden stake right through it's OP. that's the only way to kill it O_o
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]wow... how does this thread get bumped every year? its from 2007BrunoBRS
like i said... HOLY CRAP IT'S NOSFERATU THREAD! we gotta stick a wooden stake right through it's OP. that's the only way to kill it O_o

I've got the Belmont clan on speed dial
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"]wow... how does this thread get bumped every year? its from 2007garrett_duffman

555-BELMONT? yea that usually works. just make sure they come in time or no tips
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] like i said... HOLY CRAP IT'S NOSFERATU THREAD! we gotta stick a wooden stake right through it's OP. that's the only way to kill it O_o

555-BELMONT? yea that usually works. just make sure they come in time or no tips

235-6667 actually. (BEL-MONT, coincidentally a 666 is in there)
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="garrett_duffman"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"] I've got the Belmont clan on speed dial

that should work too. ... where are they :x why are we bumping this thread with silly off-topic :x
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 garrett_duffman
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="garrett_duffman"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] 555-BELMONT? yea that usually works. just make sure they come in time or no tips

that should work too. ... where are they :x why are we bumping this thread with silly off-topic :x

We want the mods (metaphorically vampire slayers) to see this thread so they can lock it, i guess
Bruster11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Bruster11
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
That would be cool. but i think they should add more features to it than the first one.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
That would be cool. but i think they should add more features to it than the first one.Bruster11
Ohhhh a mysteriuos Level 1, Posts 1 user!!! Who could this be??? ¬¬
Bruster11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bruster11
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Yeah who could that be...
verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

This thread is old feel free to make a new one.