Kid Icarus Uprising

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

So, is there a way to play this game without getting Carpal Tunnel? This has to be the worst control scheme I have ever encountered.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I set it on a desk while I played. It wasn't too bad, though it did break my L button. Luckily that's literally the only game I've played since then that has used it....

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

No, it's a carpal tunnel game for sure. You can alter the config so you don't have to use the screen but it's funky either way. It's the reason I couldn't play very far into it. Still ticks me off but I'd rather they just have remade the original with better graphics. Needless to say it's my #1 regret buy for video games this past 2 years.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

I must be unique as I was able to enjoy the game without much cramping. I have more issues playing Prime Hunters for some reason though.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PurpleMan5000

The game is pretty fun, but I just can't hold my left hand like that for more than 15 minutes at a time. It would be nice if they would put a sequel on the Wii U that I can actually play.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Don't play for more then a few hours at a time? I got used to the controls, it worked fine for me. You can play with the 3DS Stand that came with the game.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PurpleMan5000

@Master_Of_Fools said:

Don't play for more then a few hours at a time? I got used to the controls, it worked fine for me. You can play with the 3DS Stand that came with the game.

I purchased the digital version, so I don't have a stand.

That does look a lot more comfortable than my method of placing my right leg on top of my left leg, holding my left elbow on top of my right foot for support, and trying not to drop the 3DS while I use my thumb to navigate while shooting by pressing my left index finger's top knuckle on the L button.