Just put GBA games on the eShop already!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

I dare Nintendo to make a top 50 GBA games list,and put them all in the eShop,in the course of one year!

#2 Posted by videog (306 posts) -

I dare Nintendo to make a top 50 GBA games list,and put them all in the eShop,in the course of one year!

GreekGameManiac

:lol:

#3 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11415 posts) -
50GBA games.... one year? Did they even release half that amount of Gameboy games in the first year of the eShop?
#4 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
I NEED Pokemon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire.
#5 Posted by OhJayDubya (1142 posts) -
Seems that Nintendo are dragging there feet with this, there are plenty of GBA games that I would buy in an instant.
#6 Posted by Minishdriveby (10015 posts) -
They really should. I have the 10 ambassador games, but there are still some of the better games that should be on the VC. Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga Golden Sun Pokemon Fire Emblem (original not sacred stones) Super Mario Remakes Advance Wars Castlevania
#7 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4135 posts) -

I still don't know what Nintendo is thinking and I want to know oh so badly. Why not put games like Pokemon on the eShop? They're no longer making and selling those games, are they opposed to making more money? It just doesn't make any sense to me.

#8 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
Oh, and Sonic Advance.
#9 Posted by TheBlackKnight3 (1586 posts) -

They should give us the better of the two Fire Emblem games.... and I already played Sacred Stones like 4 times before the whole ambassador thing.

#10 Posted by Bigboi500 (29999 posts) -

For realz Nintendo, put them up already! I want TLoZ: Minish Cap badly.

#11 Posted by logicalfrank (1641 posts) -

It really seems like they are missing an opportunity by not expanding the VC in general. There are tons of old games on all kinds of old Nintendo system that sell for over five bucks, cartridge-only on eBay. As I see it, Nintendo could make a few bucks off that transaction or some eBay seller can. But, hey, why give people what they want and increase attatch rates to your device when you can make less money holding out?

#12 Posted by LJChronx (949 posts) -

Whats with all these GB games on the eShop? Where the hell is GBA, NES, and SNES? I dont understand it at all. Sure mabey they feel they dont have enough staff to do these conversions with Nintendo busy working on 3DS and Wii U titles. But cant they hire more staff just to make these titles happen on the eShop? There are alot of out of work industry people. I suspect the real reason they dont give us more of the games we want is that they have some kind of grand scheme for how they want all these released over the course of a 5, 10, or even 20 year period (obviously on future systems). Too bad as I feel certain generations are completely missing out on some great legacy titles.

#13 Posted by mariokart64fan (19522 posts) -

i want top gear already damn it snes games now!

#14 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
I really need FireRed and Emrald. I really do.
#15 Posted by NirdBerd (2116 posts) -

Nintendo are being stupid to not put these on the e-shop, everyone knows Nintendo would drown in money if GBA/SNES games were on the e-shop, what kind of crack are they smoking to not want to do this?

#16 Posted by Aquat1cF1sh (10902 posts) -
I'd definitely buy Pokemon Sapphire and FireRed, and for Zelda I'd get A Link to the Past and Minish Cap.
#17 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4135 posts) -

Nintendo are being stupid to not put these on the e-shop, everyone knows Nintendo would drown in money if GBA/SNES games were on the e-shop, what kind of crack are they smoking to not want to do this?

NirdBerd
Exactly. It actually makes me angry thinking about it. I guess Nintendo doesn't want my money, because they'd have a ton of it were they to put GBA games on the eShop.
#18 Posted by 19elderscroll86 (757 posts) -

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa I want old games on my 3ds. Just buy gba games from amazon or something.

#19 Posted by emirblade (904 posts) -

I don't know why Nintendo hasn't implemented GBA games yet on the eShop. Havin Advance Wars, Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Drill Dozer and a lot more on the go would be great.

#20 Posted by hydralisk86 (8553 posts) -

I don't know why Nintendo hasn't implemented GBA games yet on the eShop. Havin Advance Wars, Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Drill Dozer and a lot more on the go would be great.

emirblade
That would be cool. Also, there are those old SNES games that some people haven't had a chance touch, right? Like Secrets of Mana, and other RPGs that were good at their time.
#21 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4770 posts) -

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa I want old games on my 3ds. Just buy gba games from amazon or something.

19elderscroll86

Yeah... no. :|

[spoiler]

1024.jpg?md=1348968201000

[/spoiler]

...unless you don't mind buying a used copy.

There's also that internal battery issue. :?

#22 Posted by BigBen11111 (1528 posts) -
I've like to see many GBA on the eShop, but they probably gonna wait to later part of the 3DS years.
#23 Posted by aryanbrar (2089 posts) -

yes please, i'll go buy a 3ds if they do. playing gba on the handheld is way more fun then on crappy emulators.

#24 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6029 posts) -
They should give us the better of the two Fire Emblem games.... TheBlackKnight3
They already did. I didn't dislike Fire Emblem(GBA), but the Sacred Stones was superior in every imaginable way. I think the reason they're holding out on the GBA titles is because I don't imagine people would be willing to shell out the dough they'd want to ask for them- 15-25 bucks apiece, likely more for the Zelda/Mario/Metroid titles.
#25 Posted by Soulreavercross (19890 posts) -

[QUOTE="19elderscroll86"]

ANIMEguy10034

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

MY GOD! Those prices are unbelievable! People are actually crazy enough to buy those games new?

#26 Posted by darkspineslayer (19765 posts) -

[QUOTE="19elderscroll86"]

ANIMEguy10034

[spoiler]

1024.jpg?md=1348968201000

[/spoiler]

The battery dying was only a major issue in gen 1&2. Gen 3 just stops doing periodic sales when the battery finally dies and gen 4 and above don't use any battery. But i agree those prices are ridiculous. You usually get a good deal used though. Out of the 3 GBA games i've ordered via Amazon, 1 was a pirate copy of Mario Golf, Super Mario advance 2 has a damaged label and Donkey Kong Country is perfect. All three play perfectly and that's what matters.
#27 Posted by gettingpatches (210 posts) -

I hate to hype you guys up but have a look at these!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/10/game_boy_advance_games_pop_up_on_nintendo_europe_press_site

and to back up it could happen: www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/10/3ds_eshop_set_for_maintenance_in_europe_right_before_nintendo_direct

that and the fact a nintnedo direct is happening could mean possible hope on the gba front!

#28 Posted by JustPlainLucas (74184 posts) -
They really should have left the GBA slot in from the DS Lite.That's the only reason why I regretted trading in my Lite. i still have several SPs lying around though.