Just imagine next year

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by zyphyr2k12 (272 posts) -

Right now is awesome of course, with NSMBU, Nintendoland and other games but this time next year is going to be so great for the Wii U. It should have versions of most big name third party titles and then hopefully several Nintendo made games. What games do you think will come out in 2013 that's not announced?

#2 Posted by euro96 (499 posts) -

Im thinking Nintendo is going to have to come up with one of its big hitters to fend off hype around the anticipated new Xbox. I would expect it to be Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, or Metroid. Realeasing one of these around the launch of Microsoft's next console would help keep at least some press attention on the Wii U.

#3 Posted by Jaysonguy (37599 posts) -

Right now is awesome of course, with NSMBU, Nintendoland and other games but this time next year is going to be so great for the Wii U. It should have versions of most big name third party titles and then hopefully several Nintendo made games. What games do you think will come out in 2013 that's not announced?

zyphyr2k12

I think it's adorable when casuals start talking here.

I give you props to bring up these ideas, you're just getting into gaming and I think it's great. Hope to see you around more often getting into these conversations.

As for your post, since you're new I know you don't know about the Wii but the same thing was said when the Wii launched, the problem was that Nintendo didn't push the console and third party devs didn't feel like working on it.

Overall third party support on the Wii U has been lacking so we have to hope things change, right now there's a lot that can be done. We just have to hope that third parities feel like putting in the effort.

#4 Posted by tastetheacidmil (737 posts) -

[QUOTE="zyphyr2k12"]

Jaysonguy

I give you props to bring up these ideas, you're just getting into gaming and I think it's great. Hope to see you around more often getting into these conversations.

As for your post, since you're new I know you don't know about the Wii but the same thing was said when the Wii launched, the problem was that Nintendo didn't push the console and third party devs didn't feel like working on it.

Overall third party support on the Wii U has been lacking so we have to hope things change, right now there's a lot that can be done. We just have to hope that third parities feel like putting in the effort.

why do you come to this forum exactly?
#5 Posted by Sword-Demon (6970 posts) -

I think it'll go the way of the wii; it'll get a few last gen ports, and then it will be largely ignored by 3rd parties, save for a few gems, leaving Nintendo alone to support it.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I see happening, Nintendo is repeating all of their past mistakes

#6 Posted by Philosopho (81 posts) -
The new full fledged Mario Galaxy esque title will be the highlight of the year, if it makes it in 2013. Bayonetta 2 will be pretty big as well, for fans of the first game that bought a Wii U, it's a blessing, since we never anticipated a sequel to ever be made at all. I'm hoping for a few more third party games from the other systems to work their way over, and I'm always looking for more RPGs. (A FF13 compilation set, Skyrim GOTY edition, if these things ever happened it would be very nice for me) You know what I really want to see though? The new Devil May Cry, and Doom 3. I like DMC a bunch, and I was asking for a directors cut of Doom 3 on the HD consoles since the day Doom 3 was originally released on the old Xbox 1.
#7 Posted by Celsius765 (666 posts) -
The new full fledged Mario Galaxy esque title will be the highlight of the year, if it makes it in 2013. Bayonetta 2 will be pretty big as well, for fans of the first game that bought a Wii U, it's a blessing, since we never anticipated a sequel to ever be made at all. I'm hoping for a few more third party games from the other systems to work their way over, and I'm always looking for more RPGs. (A FF13 compilation set, Skyrim GOTY edition, if these things ever happened it would be very nice for me) You know what I really want to see though? The new Devil May Cry, and Doom 3. I like DMC a bunch, and I was asking for a directors cut of Doom 3 on the HD consoles since the day Doom 3 was originally released on the old Xbox 1.Philosopho
those are all good except for another mario galaxy I say yes to a new 3d Mario but go with a new theme
#8 Posted by white_wolf922 (257 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="zyphyr2k12"]

tastetheacidmil

why do you come to this forum exactly?

To be an annoying troll, it seems.
#9 Posted by zyphyr2k12 (272 posts) -
The new full fledged Mario Galaxy esque title will be the highlight of the year, if it makes it in 2013. Bayonetta 2 will be pretty big as well, for fans of the first game that bought a Wii U, it's a blessing, since we never anticipated a sequel to ever be made at all. I'm hoping for a few more third party games from the other systems to work their way over, and I'm always looking for more RPGs. (A FF13 compilation set, Skyrim GOTY edition, if these things ever happened it would be very nice for me) You know what I really want to see though? The new Devil May Cry, and Doom 3. I like DMC a bunch, and I was asking for a directors cut of Doom 3 on the HD consoles since the day Doom 3 was originally released on the old Xbox 1.Philosopho
I agree with everything you said there. I hope if they bring Doom 3 BFG to the Wii U that is the old Xbox version. That version rocked with the co-op. The version of BFG on the 360 and PS3 doesn't have co-op for Doom 3. Why they did that I have no clue.
#10 Posted by zyphyr2k12 (272 posts) -

I think it'll go the way of the wii; it'll get a few last gen ports, and then it will be largely ignored by 3rd parties, save for a few gems, leaving Nintendo alone to support it.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's what I see happening, Nintendo is repeating all of their past mistakes

Sword-Demon

I don't believe there will be a new Xbox or Playstation until 2014 to be honest. They will probably announce the new consoles next year but that's it. Anyways, by the time a new Xbox or Playstation comes out (even if it is next year), there will probably be so many Wii Us sold publishers won't be able to ignore it. Just my hopes anyways. Kind of like, the next consoles to come out will be more powerful, I'm sure but it will be a PS2 vs. Xbox 1 scenario all over again.

#11 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

I'm silently hoping they blow us away with a new F-Zero, Star Fox and Mario the next E3 (with possible "surprise" Zelda teaser) but I have a feeling those games are still years away or not in production at all (excluding Mario, Zelda and Metroid)...

#12 Posted by Blueresident87 (5339 posts) -

[QUOTE="zyphyr2k12"]

Jaysonguy

Everything you said is pretty much spot on.

WiiU will have its day in the sun just like the Wii did, but it will get overshadowed eventually.

#13 Posted by Blueresident87 (5339 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"]

zyphyr2k12

I don't believe there will be a new Xbox or Playstation until 2014 to be honest. They will probably announce the new consoles next year but that's it. Anyways, by the time a new Xbox or Playstation comes out (even if it is next year), there will probably be so many Wii Us sold publishers won't be able to ignore it. Just my hopes anyways. Kind of like, the next consoles to come out will be more powerful, I'm sure but it will be a PS2 vs. Xbox 1 scenario all over again.

That logic doesn't apply, mostly because publishers and developers are different things; the Wii sold a ridiculous number of systems from day one on and it meant nothing.

There are more likely developers that will choose making a new game for the 360/PS3 and then porting it to the WiiU since all machines are capable of similar graphics and the old systems are very well known.

#14 Posted by zyphyr2k12 (272 posts) -

I'm silently hoping they blow us away with a new F-Zero, Star Fox and Mario the next E3 (with possible "surprise" Zelda teaser) but I have a feeling those games are still years away or not in production at all (excluding Mario, Zelda and Metroid)...

nameless12345
We might get an F-Zero, it would make sense for them to bring it back with the improved Network we have now. It would be an amazing online experience, I'm with you on Starfox though. Don't see it happening for a long time if at all.
#15 Posted by zyphyr2k12 (272 posts) -

[QUOTE="zyphyr2k12"]

[QUOTE="Sword-Demon"]

Blueresident87

That logic doesn't apply, mostly because publishers and developers are different things; the Wii sold a ridiculous number of systems from day one on and it meant nothing.

There are more likely developers that will choose making a new game for the 360/PS3 and then porting it to the WiiU since all machines are capable of similar graphics and the old systems are very well known.

The Wii wasn't HD and it didn't have a decent online network. The Wii U has those things plus you have a tablet with every console.... Developers can get very creative with that. If the U is out a year or two before the next consoles come out, it stands a good chance to have more 3rd party game support than the Wii did.