Just beat The Legend Of Zelda A Link Between Worlds

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1303 posts) -

Well I just beat the game. It was amazing. Music especially Yuga's was awesome. I give the game a 9.5/10.

It takes the #3 spot on my list of favorite Zelda's. Ocarina is still my #1 favorite. Windwaker is my #2. Skyward Sword was #3 but sorry SS...now your #4 lol.

Pros:

Story

Characters

Items/Upgradable

Mini Games (Accept Octoball lol)

Music

controls

Cons:

Its over....lol

Octoball was really the only thing I didn't like....

Also I kinda want Ravio in Smash Bros lol. He could pull out weapons from his bag as his moves. The items he rents you? Hammer, Bow, Fire/Ice Rod, Bombs, Hookshot and such lol?

#2 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16609 posts) -

SS is in your top five Zelda games...?

How in the hell?

#3 Posted by drekula2 (1898 posts) -

I don't get people ranking Wind Waker high either. The overworld was bad, the dungeons (Earth Temple aside) were bad. The enemy variety was bad. There weren't a lot of new items. It felt shallow.

#4 Posted by Smallville0608 (32 posts) -

Just picked it up yesterday, excited.

#5 Edited by ANIMEguy10034 (4654 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer said:

How in the hell?

@drekula2 said:

I don't get people ranking Wind Waker high either. The overworld was bad, the dungeons (Earth Temple aside) were bad. The enemy variety was bad. There weren't a lot of new items. It felt shallow.

The magical thing about having different opinions and preferences. :D

#6 Posted by Tonindo (471 posts) -

Yeah, it was pretty great. I beat it just now, five minutes ago. I don't have a top list of Zelda games, but this is definitely one of the best. The music in this game is amazing. :)

#7 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -

How in the hell?

I'm assuming he's played 4 Zelda games.

#8 Posted by Bloodpool007 (11 posts) -

Does the story follow much or any of alttp?

#9 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1303 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer: I am an odd one. Your surprised that I liked Windwaker so much. While I am surprised some people liked Majora's Mask. I absolutely HATED that game. To me worst Zelda game ever made. But alas just my opinion.

As for why I liked Skyward Sword, I liked the Art style, I liked the music, I liked Fi (Not her nagging, just her as a character, I loved the Sacred Realms, Guardian Music was awesome, sure the main over world could have been better but that's not a big deal to me.)

#10 Edited by Master_Of_Fools (1303 posts) -

@JML897: Nope, I have played The Legend Of Zelda, Zelda 2, ALTTP (But never beat it), Ocarina, Majora's Mask (Never beat it), Windwaker on Gamecube, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Windwaker HD, Ocarina 3D, Phantom Hourglass, Minish Cap, Ages/Season and 4 Swords. Only one I skipped was Spirit Tracks, and Links Awakening DX...might have missed something else?

#11 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16609 posts) -

@Master_Of_Fools: I wasn't the one that was surprised you liked Wind Waker. I love WW. It's my second favorite Zelda game.

#13 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1303 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer: Whoops my bad, meant Skyward Sword in that post not Windwaker lol.

#14 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16609 posts) -
#15 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (10985 posts) -

It was quite good. The story was light but it was just enough to get you to know whats going on and why. It was another element the game had that went back to SNES days.

I also enjoyed Ravio's identity reveal, it was pretty cool.

I also really enjoyed Skyward Sword, it had a lot of issues, but it also had a lot of personality, even Fi, as mechanical as she was the ending made her seem more human. Also, Skyward Sword cannot be topped by any other entry as far the lore goes. It went back so much and sunk you in so deep that it explained NEARLY everything about Zelda (as a character and the series), the Master Sword, and the land of Hyrule.

#16 Posted by WR_Platinum (4666 posts) -

Def put it at my top 3. ALTTP being #1, OOT at #2 and ALBW #3

#17 Edited by JordanElek (17715 posts) -

@Bloodpool007 said:

Does the story follow much or any of alttp?

Not at all. The link to LttP is for fan service, that's all. But the story is one of the best aspects of the game, even though it's mostly told in the first and last five minutes of the game. It's a charming little story.

It's hard for me to rank this game amongst the other ones. It does some things perfectly but really disappoints in other areas. In the end, Skyward Sword was a much more memorable game for me. There are very few things about LBW that I'll be able to remember in a month. A few moments near the end are really awesome, but that's about it.