This topic is locked from further discussion.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

In 2015, Nintendo will announce not only a price cut for the 32 GB Wii U, but also introduce a bigger HD model, say 64/128 Models. The new 'deluxe' model will come with gamecube adapter/ controller, 20$ Eshop credit, and a few other goodies.

With larger game installs, and the push to go more digital, I think Nintendo has to come out with a larger improved system. Plus with N64/and Gamecube downloads eventually coming, it all makes perfect sense.

I'd like if they have some sort of upgrade program, although i'd say that unlikely.

I also think Nintendo will release 1 new HD re-release this year, similar to the Wind Waker.... which one? Not sure. But just throwing a guess out there, Mario 64 HD OR Star Fox 64 HD as a bonus for the new release.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'd be willing to bet they do something with Super Mario Sunshine this year or they release a Galaxy compilation with fresher graphics. I would have no qualms with that decision.

But yeah, I can them doing something with Star Fox 64 as well.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

I can definitely see a new WiiU version being announced next year.

Also, any of the 3D Marios like 64, Sunshine, or the Galaxies are great candidates for remakes, especially 64. That game cleaned up, with bright colors, running at 60fps would look beautiful.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

If they were going to do this they would extend the deluxe digital promotion. Since they are not I doubt they will be doing something along your plans. Which is a shame too because I could see myself really getting into the digital stuff.

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

When has Nintendo ever released a revamped home console that was an UPgrade? Those Wii mini's were such jokes...

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

The main reason we have not seen N64, GC VC games is that they have instant save, Miiverse, offscreen play and occasionally some bonus features that have been more difficult to emulate with systems more powerful than the GBA.

OneWingedGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 OneWingedGames
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@The-Butcher248: Personally I don't see Nintendo making the financial investment with additional console upgrades. I think they will keep with the software and work on driving sales (in the future at some point, I do think you may be right and we can expect a larger HD version)

@yokofox33: I so want a Mario Sunshine with the Wind Waker HD treatment. The game looks nice even today and the water was amazing.

My prediction is the mystery title Shigeru Miyamoto is meant to be working on will be announced in 2015 :

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

@thedude- said:

The main reason we have not seen N64, GC VC games is that they have instant save, Miiverse, offscreen play and occasionally some bonus features that have been more difficult to emulate with systems more powerful than the GBA.

This has been my fear actually. This is also believed to be the main reason why we only get to see gameboy and NES games on 3DS' VC; the system has a hard time with anything more powerful than those systems with all the extras required. I know they had the ambassador program GBA games, but from what I hear, the performance in those games was kind of sub-par. I haven't seen them firsthand so if I'm wrong someone can correct me.

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

@roboccs said:

@thedude- said:

This has been my fear actually. This is also believed to be the main reason why we only get to see gameboy and NES games on 3DS' VC; the system has a hard time with anything more powerful than those systems with all the extras required. I know they had the ambassador program GBA games, but from what I hear, the performance in those games was kind of sub-par. I haven't seen them firsthand so if I'm wrong someone can correct me.

The Ambassador program GBA games were straight ports. There wasn't any instant save or miiverse along with the lack of some other things like wireless multiplayer.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Nope. 0% chance.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools said:

Nope. 0% chance.

^ This, if they have a big pull like their handhelds they might..but with console, it'd be suicide..not only it will pissed off early adopters & damage whatever trust for their future consoles. It'd be a harakiri move. They are better off preparing for the next console (after Wii U). :P

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Eh. I think Nintendo doesn't care about the storage space. I'm pretty sure they're happy with the mindset of "consumers can choose how much space they want".

With your remake idea, I wouldn't be surprised either.