Is this Wiimote charging station + rechargeable battery pack any good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c25ed127ff1d
deactivated-5c25ed127ff1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5c25ed127ff1d
Member since 2006 • 995 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/NYKO-TECHNOLOGIES-87000-Charge-Station/dp/B000LFJNF2/sr=1-11/qid=1171647766/ref=sr_1_11/002-9196669-3076835?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

Does it even work?  Its just an AA charger that charges the Wiimote through a port on the bottom of the battery pack.  So you don't remove the casing, you just play all the games with the charging contacts on the bottom of the Wiimote.  I'm reluctant to but third party stuff, but if it works, it works, and I might as well use rechargeable batteries that don't have me pulling off the casing and worrying about the batteries being 1.2volts instead of 1.5v.  Which can theorectically screw it up.  I'd appreciate an answer if you own it or have seen something similair that works!  Thanks in advance.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
Buy a 4 pack of energizer 2500 batteries and a charger for less then 27 dollars
That's just another untested add on that might or may not work over the time of the console's life.

Energizer has been makiing batteries for decades and know how to make a quality product.
Get what works instead of what might work in the future.

gwarlito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 gwarlito
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
I read the review recently that IGN had on Nyko's product, and they were impressed with it. I however have an Energizer rechargeable battery station with (8 batteries). I got it recently just for the Wii, and I have no problems with it. You'll save some money right off the back if you go this route.
rbrown3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 rbrown3
Member since 2005 • 4148 Posts
it works great, I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and haven't had to worry about my batteries at all. My only complaints are it plugs into the wall and not into one of the USB ports on the back of the Wii. Also, if you use the silcon skins on your remote, you have to remove them before you put the remote on the charging station or else it won't connect properly