Is there life after Zelda?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

ok, so I have various games on my DS, pokemon pearl, mario kart, FFIII.....and latest of all The legend of Zelda, Phantom hour glass.

It is, or at least was the best DS game I have ever played. It just played soo well on the DS, it made great use of the stylus, it all just fitted to make it the BEST game on DS.

But now that I have comlpeted the best game the DS has, nothing else seems to appeal.

Nothing looks like it can live up to Zelda

Anyone else had this?

I might have to go back to my PSP for a while.

Jimmy_Frank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Jimmy_Frank
Member since 2006 • 262 Posts

yea I was in the same boat.

After Zelda there were and still are no titles that are catching my eye.

I ended up selling my lite a week ago for almost retail and I don't regret it one bit.

Oh and people are going to suggest a whole bunch of titles in response to this topic but they are just really trying to convince themselves that there is still life left.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Are you guys kidding? The DS has tons of games other than Zelda that are worth playing. Also, I think Zelda really isn't the best game. There are great selections to choose from.

Maybe the other games don't appeal to you or you haven't tried them yet and don't know what to get. But believe me, there are great fantastic titles on the DS other than Zelda available. And more coming this year as well.

Jimmy_Frank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Jimmy_Frank
Member since 2006 • 262 Posts

But hey dont get me wrong, the DS housed some fun times when it lasted.

MorkkiTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 6

#5 MorkkiTH
Member since 2005 • 828 Posts
FFIV, FF: Crystal chronicles, Ninja Gaiden: Dragon sword is coming, so there is life after zelda.
wagepeace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wagepeace
Member since 2007 • 885 Posts

Also, I think Zelda really isn't the best game.

ASK_Story

i agree. i just wasnt that impressed after the first hour or two.

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 angryfodder

I think what I want is a game that truely feels like a DS game - that really makes use of the two screens, the touch pad, has a great story...you know, like zelda did.

I've completed FFIII and really liked it, but it didn't feel truely at home on the DS - if you know what I mean. After the first few minutes I didn't even bother with the touch screen stylus, just used the D-pad and buttons, it was more effective.

Zelda just made great use of the DS

Ultima_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Ultima_5
Member since 2008 • 1614 Posts
the new advanced wars is pretty great. i found it to be alot better than zelda >_>
GeekyDad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#9 GeekyDad
Member since 2006 • 1697 Posts

...But now that I have comlpeted the best game the DS has, nothing else seems to appeal.

Nothing looks like it can live up to Zelda....angryfodder

I know that feeling oh so well. I played Phantom Hourglass three times in a row, and went back to it again recently out of desperation.

But there is hope...

It comes in the form of a game called...

NINJA GAIDEN: DRAGON SWORD. And when you've played that, you may even wonder why PH wasn't that good.

Late March is only a month away. Hold fast, my people. Hold fast! :P

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 angryfodder

the new advanced wars is pretty great. i found it to be alot better than zelda >_>Ultima_5

I did look at that actually - but I read a review that said it was hard to get into if you've not played others in the series??

Maybe i'll take another look at it.

The only game I have now, that I haven't finished is Star wars the complete saga....but its a bit of a non game as you can't even die and its very very easy - so I don't play it.

Detroit222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 Detroit222
Member since 2005 • 5371 Posts

I enjoyed Sims Castaway, which, while it isn't as pretty as Zelda or as difficult, uses the touch screen a lot.

And they tell me that Professor Layton is pretty good.

Avatar image for barney_calhoun_
barney_calhoun_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 barney_calhoun_
Member since 2006 • 3887 Posts

TUmm i thought that this zelda wasnt that good, i mean, it was easier than counting 10...

B-O-R-I-N-G

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 angryfodder
Ok, so I browsed again at lunch and have seen FFVII revnant wings? and maybe advance wars - but it looks like a gameboy game. Not that I am a massive graphics whore or anything, but it just looks really really basic
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 angryfodder

TUmm i thought that this zelda wasnt that good, i mean, it was easier than counting 10...

B-O-R-I-N-G

barney_calhoun_

The part where you have to open and close the DS got me - I had to read a guide for that bit.

Ultima_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ultima_5
Member since 2008 • 1614 Posts

Ok, so I browsed again at lunch and have seen FFVII revnant wings? and maybe advance wars - but it looks like a gameboy game. Not that I am a massive graphics whore or anything, but it just looks really really basicangryfodder

I have both of them and they are both good games in their own right. I think that advanced wars is probably the better choice but you cant go wrong either way.

Vazere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Vazere
Member since 2006 • 528 Posts

I think what I want is a game that truely feels like a DS game - that really makes use of the two screens, the touch pad, has a great story...you know, like zelda did.

I've completed FFIII and really liked it, but it didn't feel truely at home on the DS - if you know what I mean. After the first few minutes I didn't even bother with the touch screen stylus, just used the D-pad and buttons, it was more effective.

Zelda just made great use of the DS

angryfodder

Zelda with a great story? I find that hard to believe.

On a side note: have you played Minish Cap?

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#17 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

I enjoyed play Zelda minish cap and Phantom Hourglass on my DS, found Animal crossing, FF3 and Mario and Luigi Partners in time were enjoyable games.

But I think The World Ends with You is gonna be a game worth playing alot.

ta11on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ta11on
Member since 2007 • 784 Posts

FF12 Revenant Wings had a great story and uses the touch screen for almost everything.

But I would just wait for Ninja Gaiden DS and FFCC Rings Of Fate

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 angryfodder

Zelda with a great story? I find that hard to believe.

On a side note: have you played Minish Cap?

Vazere

Never heard of it? Worth a look? I'll do a search on here and see.

FFIII was pretty good.

Animal crossing lol - I'd heard alot of good things about it so bought it. Its not that its a bad game, its just that its not really for me. Its not really a game - I don't really know what it is.

On a bit of a side note - has anyone found it hard to trade in Zelda? Now that I have completed it I won't play it again, so might as well trade it. But i am strangely attached to it now

podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts
I actually got bored with that game after a few hours...I still haven't beaten it yet because all I play is Advance Wars...
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 angryfodder

Ok, I picked up advance wars at the weekend and its actually really good. When I first started playing it, I thought it was crap, and I had made a mistake, but a couple of levels in and its actually a good game.

I'm a total noob at it, and its taken me a bit to get to understand it, but getting there. Its a bit like extreme chess - with tanks and stuff.

acidic_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 acidic_dude
Member since 2003 • 1713 Posts

ok, so I have various games on my DS, pokemon pearl, mario kart, FFIII.....and latest of all The legend of Zelda, Phantom hour glass.

It is, or at least was the best DS game I have ever played. It just played soo well on the DS, it made great use of the stylus, it all just fitted to make it the BEST game on DS.

But now that I have comlpeted the best game the DS has, nothing else seems to appeal.

Nothing looks like it can live up to Zelda

Anyone else had this?

I might have to go back to my PSP for a while.

angryfodder
great good luck trying to find a PSP game, lol, Im just kidding, I would wait for FF crisis core, looks pretty cool, but might not appeal if you havent played FF7, but it is a prequel so you can start with crisis core if you would like.
skreetpreacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#23 skreetpreacha
Member since 2005 • 877 Posts

well, Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga is one of the best DS games IMHO, and highly underrated, ESPECIALLY if you like Stars Wars at all.

Super Mario 64 DS is also a very lengthy adventure, if you're into that kinda game. (I'm not).

podliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 podliver
Member since 2007 • 1765 Posts

Ok, I picked up advance wars at the weekend and its actually really good. When I first started playing it, I thought it was crap, and I had made a mistake, but a couple of levels in and its actually a good game.

I'm a total noob at it, and its taken me a bit to get to understand it, but getting there. Its a bit like extreme chess - with tanks and stuff.

angryfodder

Yeah, when I first got it, I was a noob, but once you know what all the units do and have strategies for accomplishing different tasks (creating barriers, capturing properties, which areas to scout in Fog of War), you'll start figuring it all out and it will be really fun.

jann_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 jann_101
Member since 2006 • 65 Posts

C'mon man..!

The NDS's Library is WAY BETTER than the PSP's..

I mean, what the hell..

You haven't even played Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, Professor Layton, and New Super MArio Bros. yet..

I didn't even liked Zelda PH that much..

Well I guess it's still a matter of taste..

But still, think again dude.. The DS have more value than the PSP..

JudgeCid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JudgeCid
Member since 2004 • 175 Posts

Don't worry, my friend. All is well in the land of Dual Screen.

For starters, The World Ends with You is gonna be awesome, aswell as Ninja Gaiden. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2 is also coming out some time this year. There's also FF IV and FFCC (Square-Enix loves the DS). You also should never rule out the possibility of suprises. I'm praying for Smash Bros DS.

In due time, we shall get our rewards. Just wait a bit. And by the way, Advance Wars is freakin awesome.

duckdude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 duckdude64
Member since 2006 • 2052 Posts

zelda ph is the only zelda game i like but ive played better on ds

draglade

barnyard blast

digimon chapionship

jump ultimate stars

but the psp has some good games people are way to caught up in playing one system they think its way better

yugioh gx 2

dj max

worms 2 open warfare

loco roco

but what ever every system has its up and down times

Aerialslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 Aerialslayer
Member since 2005 • 618 Posts
Zelda was very well done. You just have to wait for a bit longer till the other good games come out. Like FFCC: Ring of Fates. Really excited for that game. in the mean time I've ben playing Dragon Quest Joker.