Is there a way to play DS on a big screen tv?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Abicus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Abicus7
Member since 2007 • 2009 Posts

I heard if you use Wii you can play your DS on a tv? Is this true?

If so, do you need to buy a cord or anything else? thanks!

tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

I don't think so.

Abicus7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Abicus7
Member since 2007 • 2009 Posts

Well thats a let down.

Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Crisis_Eye
Member since 2006 • 1554 Posts
Nope. A good idea for Nintendo would to make a DS player. Similar to the GBA player for Gamecube. It could be a simple download from the shop channel and you could link your DS wirelessly to the Wii. I don't understand Nintendo sometimes.
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

Nope. A good idea for Nintendo would to make a DS player. Similar to the GBA player for Gamecube. It could be a simple download from the shop channel and you could link your DS wirelessly to the Wii. I don't understand Nintendo sometimes.Crisis_Eye

The DS isnt powerful enough to send a 3rd video signal to the Wii, especially wirelessly. The only thing that would work would be a special piece of hardware that interferes with the video hardware inorder to create a 3rd video stream, kinda how we get most of our gameplay footage. I remember i saw $60 device in Circuit City one time, but it got discontinued. Im pretty sure if you search hard enough you will find something

Crisis_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Crisis_Eye
Member since 2006 • 1554 Posts

[QUOTE="Crisis_Eye"]Nope. A good idea for Nintendo would to make a DS player. Similar to the GBA player for Gamecube. It could be a simple download from the shop channel and you could link your DS wirelessly to the Wii. I don't understand Nintendo sometimes.painguy1

The DS isnt powerful enough to send a 3rd video signal to the Wii, especially wirelessly. The only thing that would work would be a special piece of hardware that interferes with the video hardware inorder to create a 3rd video stream, kinda how we get most of our gameplay footage. I remember i saw $60 device in Circuit City one time, but it got discontinued. Im pretty sure if you search hard enough you will find something

Ah, dang. Really? That's a pretty big let down.
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

[QUOTE="Crisis_Eye"]Nope. A good idea for Nintendo would to make a DS player. Similar to the GBA player for Gamecube. It could be a simple download from the shop channel and you could link your DS wirelessly to the Wii. I don't understand Nintendo sometimes.Crisis_Eye

Ah, dang. Really? That's a pretty big let down.

YEAH I KNOW MAN!!!! lol id rather not hardmod my DS. i like it the way it is. (although it would be niec to put it on TV

Avatar image for Shadowtails9000
Shadowtails9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8 Shadowtails9000
Member since 2009 • 509 Posts

Issue: Dual Screens. Do you really wanna play a DS game on a big screen split screened? It sounds good on paper... but in execution not so much imo...

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

It has its uses. It wouldn't be good for games that use the touch screen too much, but it would make reading the screens easier for my dad.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Phoenix Wright on Wiiware.
Dave_Bonds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dave_Bonds
Member since 2009 • 300 Posts

Do you have a 40" touch screen monitor?

I don't know that this would pan out properly, even with a good interface to use the DS as a control (you would have to for all games utilizing touch-screen)... And for those games you'd be looking back and fourth between the DS and the Television. The only other option would be a bigger touch-screen monitor.

Sounds really redundant.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
It would not work real well because you would have to draw on the DS so that iw where you would be looking. I am sure they could make a software for the Wii-mote but it would be weird using like 30% your tv to draw and 30% for the top screen and the rest would just be blank or some sort of wallpaper do to its aspect ratio.