Is there a way to play DS on a big screen tv?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Abicus7 (2009 posts) -

I heard if you use Wii you can play your DS on a tv? Is this true?

If so, do you need to buy a cord or anything else? thanks!

#2 Posted by tom95b (4997 posts) -

I don't think so.

#3 Posted by Abicus7 (2009 posts) -

Well thats a let down.

#4 Posted by Crisis_Eye (1554 posts) -
Nope. A good idea for Nintendo would to make a DS player. Similar to the GBA player for Gamecube. It could be a simple download from the shop channel and you could link your DS wirelessly to the Wii. I don't understand Nintendo sometimes.
#5 Posted by painguy1 (8686 posts) -

Nope. A good idea for Nintendo would to make a DS player. Similar to the GBA player for Gamecube. It could be a simple download from the shop channel and you could link your DS wirelessly to the Wii. I don't understand Nintendo sometimes.Crisis_Eye

The DS isnt powerful enough to send a 3rd video signal to the Wii, especially wirelessly. The only thing that would work would be a special piece of hardware that interferes with the video hardware inorder to create a 3rd video stream, kinda how we get most of our gameplay footage. I remember i saw $60 device in Circuit City one time, but it got discontinued. Im pretty sure if you search hard enough you will find something

#6 Posted by Crisis_Eye (1554 posts) -

[QUOTE="Crisis_Eye"]Nope. A good idea for Nintendo would to make a DS player. Similar to the GBA player for Gamecube. It could be a simple download from the shop channel and you could link your DS wirelessly to the Wii. I don't understand Nintendo sometimes.painguy1

The DS isnt powerful enough to send a 3rd video signal to the Wii, especially wirelessly. The only thing that would work would be a special piece of hardware that interferes with the video hardware inorder to create a 3rd video stream, kinda how we get most of our gameplay footage. I remember i saw $60 device in Circuit City one time, but it got discontinued. Im pretty sure if you search hard enough you will find something

Ah, dang. Really? That's a pretty big let down.
#7 Posted by painguy1 (8686 posts) -

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

[QUOTE="Crisis_Eye"]Nope. A good idea for Nintendo would to make a DS player. Similar to the GBA player for Gamecube. It could be a simple download from the shop channel and you could link your DS wirelessly to the Wii. I don't understand Nintendo sometimes.Crisis_Eye

Ah, dang. Really? That's a pretty big let down.

YEAH I KNOW MAN!!!! lol id rather not hardmod my DS. i like it the way it is. (although it would be niec to put it on TV

#8 Posted by Shadowtails9000 (509 posts) -

Issue: Dual Screens. Do you really wanna play a DS game on a big screen split screened? It sounds good on paper... but in execution not so much imo...

#9 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

It has its uses. It wouldn't be good for games that use the touch screen too much, but it would make reading the screens easier for my dad.

#10 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12825 posts) -
Phoenix Wright on Wiiware.
#11 Posted by Dave_Bonds (300 posts) -

Do you have a 40" touch screen monitor?

I don't know that this would pan out properly, even with a good interface to use the DS as a control (you would have to for all games utilizing touch-screen)... And for those games you'd be looking back and fourth between the DS and the Television. The only other option would be a bigger touch-screen monitor.

Sounds really redundant.

#12 Posted by wooooode (16665 posts) -
It would not work real well because you would have to draw on the DS so that iw where you would be looking. I am sure they could make a software for the Wii-mote but it would be weird using like 30% your tv to draw and 30% for the top screen and the rest would just be blank or some sort of wallpaper do to its aspect ratio.