Is there a new Zelda game coming to the Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Speedy454545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Speedy454545
Member since 2007 • 1311 Posts

Is there a new Zelda game coming out for the Wii? I have heard lots of people here talk about it.

Could anybody please provide me with some reliable sources which confirm a new Zelda game is in the works for the Wii.

Thanks.

vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts
Yes, it's in the work and Nintendo said that TP was the last Zelda of it's kind
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts
Yes. But it's probably going to be a long while before we see anything of it.
dekasuperlink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dekasuperlink
Member since 2003 • 375 Posts

Yes, it's in the work and Nintendo said that TP was the last Zelda of it's kindvnc20100

Seeing as most of the complaints of the previous Zelda was the fact that it has the same formula, I can understand Nintendo taking a different route for the series. But sadly, I wasn't one of those people, and I still love the old formula. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
It is highly likely that a new Zelda game is being developed for the Wii,but it may be a while before it actually releases.
Erkidu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Erkidu
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
Eventually. It would be blasphemous for Nintendo not to build one from the ground up for Wii.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Considering that the only Zelda game on the Wii is a Gamecube game I think it's fair to say that there's a very good chance for a title only for the Wii.

From the looks (and more importantly advertising) of Phantom Hourglass expect it to go back to the Zelda roots and stop adding too many new things. Since every new thing has failed to different degrees (the last one being the wolf that ticked people off) I would expect the direction of the new game would be towards the fans of the franchise. That's means less on the new twists and more on the classic gameplay (though Wii controls)

No links for all of this, just my brain but I trust it most times lol

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
There are no reliable sources. There's just common sense. EAD isn't going to suddenly drop one of their biggest franchises, even though it didn't do very well in Japan.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts
Zelda is coming again to the wii and thats all we know nintendo hasnt said zilch about it bu its one of there biggest franchises of all time so they arent about to drop it
Swifty_Magee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Swifty_Magee
Member since 2003 • 1130 Posts

All anyone knows for certain is that there will be a new Zelda game. There will always be a new Zelda game, and hopefully it will be developed on the Wii.

I know the rumor of the Zelda game in the future, FFVII-type setting was just a joke, but I think Nintendo should try it out. As long as they don't go overboard with the "Zelda in the future!" theme, it could possibly be awesome.

Lt_Roy_Mustang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Lt_Roy_Mustang
Member since 2005 • 134 Posts

I know the rumor of the Zelda game in the future, FFVII-type setting was just a joke, but I think Nintendo should try it out. As long as they don't go overboard with the "Zelda in the future!" theme, it could possibly be awesome.

Swifty_Magee

Yeah That was already proven to be fake, it was an april fools joke. Could be cool, but I don't know.

Besides I thinkthe next Zelda game will still be cool if they stuck to the same mechanic of the old ones, but not likely as one poster said, they're taking it in a new direction.

Swifty_Magee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Swifty_Magee
Member since 2003 • 1130 Posts
[QUOTE="Swifty_Magee"]

Lt_Roy_Mustang

Yeah That was already proven to be fake, it was an april fools joke. Could be cool, but I don't know.

Besides I thinkthe next Zelda game will still be cool if they stuck to the same mechanic of the old ones, but not likely as one poster said, they're taking it in a new direction.

You know, I have to admit that for the first couple of minutes watching the "exclusive" video, I actually thought it was real. Then I started reading the user comments and was like, "Crap..they got me! Stupid month of April!" I fell for the "Sonic and Tails in Super Smash Bros. Melee" trick by EGM as well (can't tell you how many times I tried to unlock those two), so maybe I'm just a little gullible.

I still think it's a cool concept to take Zelda in, though. "The Master Sword" turns into "The Master Lightsaber". Epona the horse turning into Epona the motorcycle. Cool times!

Well, whatever steps they take in the next Zelda, I'm sure it will be a hit just like all the others.

djdude123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 djdude123
Member since 2007 • 307 Posts
they probobly ment hte story cuz did you notice that OoT and TP had a lot of similarities in the story if it didn't have twighlite it would pretty much be the same as OoT
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
Yes there is. I think it'll probably be released in 09 or even as far as 2010.
vnc20100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vnc20100
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts

Zelda is coming again to the wii and thats all we know nintendo hasnt said zilch about it bu its one of there biggest franchises of all time so they arent about to drop itSerraph105

Actually, they did talk about it.... don't remember when though.I think it was E3, but I'm not sure

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

No, Nintendo decided to stop with TP. :|

The Zelda Wii has already been in the works for at least a year, expect info on it sometime next year.

TheKManz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheKManz
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I CANT FREEKING WAIT FOR THE NEWER ZELDA:!

Well you have to admit you cant wait either:lol:

nintendo2200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nintendo2200
Member since 2009 • 373 Posts
Ya they announced it at E3 2008
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
I see my prediction of a new Zelda in '09 or '10 still stands. :P
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
Yeah at the ending of this year hopefully.
Hueterwow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hueterwow
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

The Master Sword" turns into "The Master Lightsaber". Epona the horse turning into Epona the motorcycle. Cool times!

I think they should do Renaissance Zelda, with a rapier for Link's sword, a hand musket instead of a slingshot, a crossbow instead of the normal bow, and a Da Vinci hat for Link.