Is the Wii dead to you?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Not many games coming out for it,plus the impending release of Wii U....

Is the Wii dead?

#2 Posted by Pffrbt (6483 posts) -

It's been pretty much dead for a very long time, long before the announcement of the Wii-U.

#3 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -
The Wii is a videogame console, not a living thing, it doesn't have life, ergo it can't die.
#4 Posted by Pffrbt (6483 posts) -

The Wii is a videogame console, not a living thing, it doesn't have life, ergo it can't die.Rod90

I know you're trying to come off as smart, but saying this just makes you look dumber than everyone else since you're the one guy that doesn't understand what's being said.

#5 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8133 posts) -
Actually I been playing my wii more in excitement for wiiu. Plus with xenoblade, last story, and Kirby collection I have a lot to keep me busy
#6 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rod90"]The Wii is a videogame console, not a living thing, it doesn't have life, ergo it can't die.Pffrbt

I know you're trying to come off as smart, but saying this just makes you look dumber than everyone else since you're the one guy that doesn't understand what's being said.

Oh no, I'm being attacked by a stranger on the internet, what can can I do... God. Mr. Pffrbt, I think that everyone else except you will get that the one with the dumb post is you, as I really shouldn't even be explaining it, but it seems you actually need it, so: I was making a joke. I wasn't trying to say something smart, I was just doing a funny post to one of the most repetitive threads I've seen on this forum. Or ever actually. So sorry that you were actually the one who didn't understand what was being said. Have a nice day.
#7 Posted by locopatho (20131 posts) -
With the exception of a couple of big games, my Wii has been dead for years...
#8 Posted by Pffrbt (6483 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pffrbt"]

[QUOTE="Rod90"]The Wii is a videogame console, not a living thing, it doesn't have life, ergo it can't die.Rod90

Oh no, I'm being attacked by a stranger on the internet, what can can I do... God. Mr. Pffrbt, I think that everyone else except you will get that the one with the dumb post is you, as I really shouldn't even be explaining it, but it seems you actually need it, so: I was making a joke. I wasn't trying to say something smart, I was just doing a funny post to one of the most repetitive threads I've seen on this forum. Or ever actually. So sorry that you were actually the one who didn't understand what was being said. Have a nice day.

I suppose I was wrong. I'm sorry. I'm so used to people being ridiculously pedantic and literal on the internet,

#9 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5683 posts) -

mine is dead in my closet since end of 2008

#10 Posted by roboccs (6907 posts) -

Overall, I feel the console is dead. But mine has been quite alive lately. I've been playing old VC games for awhile now and early this week I got Arc Rise Fantasia for the Wii and I've dumped a few hours into that.

#11 Posted by KBFloYd (12947 posts) -

i play wii everyday..

call of duty everyday...brawl a few times a week...and backyard baseball every 2 days with my dad..he loves it!

i just beat no more heroes on wii a few days ago..

im 10 hours into xenoblade..

i also have jaws ultimate predator sealed..havnt even played it..

still got to beat endless ocean and fishing resort..

#12 Posted by Litchie (16213 posts) -
I'm not getting another Wii game, so in that sense, yes. I will continue to use my Wii for a long time, so in that sense, no.
#13 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
Nah, I have tons of games to play on it still I just don't have it with me
#14 Posted by Hungry_Homer111 (22479 posts) -
As far as new games being released, I don't think anyone could really argue that it's not dead. But is the Wii dead to me personally? No, and it won't be dead for a while. There's still plenty of games I want to get for it, both retail and Virtual Console. Plus there are a few games I have in my backlog, and some that can't technically be "beaten" (Mario Kart, Geometry Was Galaxies, Smash Bros. Brawl) that I'll want to play more in the future. I'm not sure if I'll be getting the Wii U. A big part of me wants to, because it has some great looking games, but an even bigger part of me says no, since I do have plenty of games I want on the Wii, but if I do get one, it won't be for a while, and until then the Wii will be very much alive in my house.
#15 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -
I still have The Last Story and Kirby's Dream Collection to play, but I'm pretty much done with the Wii after that. It's been a good 6 years.
#16 Posted by enrique_marrodz (2092 posts) -
Not at all. I've been playing a lot and I'm actually worried of finishing most of the games I have before the Wii U comes. I'm not bragging at all, is just that I had to get my games at a very slow rate due economics and, right now, I'm still playing Xenoblade, The Last Story, Pikmin 2, and Lego SW. Not just that, I still have plans to get Rayman Origins, Kirby's game from last year, several Wiiware tiles... In brief, I think it really depends on you. I've convinced several friends just last year to get a Wii and they are still discovering tons of good games IMO, is good not to get everything you want at the first moment, so you have more time to enjoy it later ;)
#17 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12718 posts) -
After I finally get to playing my copy of The Last Story.
#18 Posted by JoGoSo (455 posts) -

Not due to games, but the graphics card is apparently damaged as some parts of a game are showing sprites. This is a "can't unsee" problem and makes me not want to play it.

#19 Posted by Megavideogamer (5284 posts) -

Yep the Wii is dead. But it is still Nintendo's current home console for 50 more days. There are no new releases between now and the launch of the Wii U. Nintendo is going to focus all it efforts on the Wii U from now on.

#20 Posted by gameofthering (10097 posts) -

It died last year.

Nothing really released this year.

#21 Posted by Plurpz (94 posts) -

Nah, it's fine, still some games I enjoy playing.

#22 Posted by OhJayDubya (1142 posts) -
I would say the console is dead but will be playing its games for a longtime in the future seeing as the Wii U is BC.
#23 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8707 posts) -

I still play Wii quite often these days, but I have stopped getting games for it.

#24 Posted by thetravman (3511 posts) -

It was dead for me last year as most of my attention was on the Ps3. Since this summer, I'm catching up on all the good games I've missed: Red Steel 2, Okami, Fire Emblem, and now Xenoblade and Last Story.

#25 Posted by Jaysonguy (37528 posts) -

Yeah

I mean Nintendo abandoned the console in 2008 and left it for dead way back then, so really it's kinda hard for fans to be like "oh no it's still got PLENTY of software" in 2011 and 2012

Nintendo tried to resuscitate the Wii near the end of it's life but by then they were just kicking a dead console.

When the Wii was getting support both from retail and digital it was awesome, then it just went off a cliff once Nintendo didn't want anything to do with the console anymore and third party devs started leaving.

If Nintendo didn't stop supporting the console who knows when it would have died, maybe it would have run neck and neck with the Wii U at the start the way the handhelds did. Taking away retail games and dropping support for the Virtual Console cost the Wii about 4 years of potential life this generation.

#26 Posted by lazyathew (3748 posts) -

I still have plenty of games I want to buy for the Wii. And I won't be getting a Wii U for a while. So to me, the Wii is far from dead.

#27 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

Nah, it's fine, still some games I enjoy playing.

Plurpz
Who the hell are you and why do you have my avatar!? o_O
#28 Posted by tocool340 (20471 posts) -

Not even close......At least for me. I have a massive backlog of games I need to purchase and play. I haven't played any of the mario galaxy games, haven't played Zelda Skyward sword......hell I haven't played or bought a 3rd of Wii entire library games that got a 7.5 here or better. So I got a lot of catching up to do....

#29 Posted by NirdBerd (2116 posts) -

Depends how I'd define it.

To society, I suppose it's dead.

To me, well, I'll still be buying and playing Wii games for years to come.

Years.

#30 Posted by Euaggelistes (1826 posts) -

Mine is dead. I traded it in towards a Wii U.

#31 Posted by spike6958 (4685 posts) -
My Wii can no longer read discs for some reason, so I can only play VC games on it, so in essence, yes it is dead to me, as i'm not going to be buying a new one as I'm getting WiiU on launch day.
#32 Posted by meetroid8 (21139 posts) -
Wii's been dead to me for a couple years now.
#33 Posted by wiifan001 (18357 posts) -
It's not about being dead or alive. It's about legacy. The Wii has inspired. It has produced the best of the best. It has given us the best 3rd party support ever seen in a very long time. It has given us the best THE BEST Nintendo titles. Period. It showed it could be the best even with it underpowered hardware. It proved time and time again: Wii is #. The Wii demonstrates video games quality in its prime. Competitors wanted a piece of the Wii's success. They went out and did it. It proved there were gamers who are unworthy to possess this superior console. You get to live the rest of your life knowing your best years in gaming were through the Wii. It is an honor for the Wii fans to have had this glorious gift by the greatest gaming company of all time. And it has been an honor for Nintendo to have had me, WIIFAN001, bring forward the legacy that is the Wii.
#34 Posted by Jaysonguy (37528 posts) -

It's not about being dead or alive. It's about legacy. The Wii has inspired. It has produced the best of the best. It has given us the best 3rd party support ever seen in a very long time. It has given us the best THE BEST Nintendo titles. Period. wiifan001

That never happened

Weak third party support quickened it's demise and most of it's marque games are in constant flux between the shift from children and casuals to casuals and children.

Bridge games fizzled and died off on their own because there's no point in building a bridge when no one wants to cross it.

Mario Galaxy 2 was Nintendo's highest rated game yet 40% of people who played the first said "no thanks" and never touched it.

The biggest slap in the face was that Nintendo didn't even find the Wii worthy of it's own support, the retail releases shark dramatically and the digital store started to grow cobwebs in only it's second year after launch.

#35 Posted by DJSAV_101 (3687 posts) -

It's been dead to me for over 2 years now. Last time I played a Wii game was back when SMG2 came out.

#36 Posted by CTR360 (6952 posts) -
after i buy last story and pandora tower its dead for me
#37 Posted by champofcube15 (1596 posts) -

I play my PS3 more now than I do my Wii, but it isn't dead to me...yet. Ther's still a few games I need to play/finish.

Finish

• Little King's Story (close to finishing)
  • The Last Story (close to finishing)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles (not EVEN close to finishing)
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn (close to finishing)

Play

• Kirby's Return to Dreamland
  • Zack and Wiki: Quest for Babaros' Treasure

Out of the 67 Wii games I have/had, these are the only ones left to complete. But when these are done, the Wii U, PS3, and 3DS will be my only focus.

#38 Posted by wiifan001 (18357 posts) -

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]It's not about being dead or alive. It's about legacy. The Wii has inspired. It has produced the best of the best. It has given us the best 3rd party support ever seen in a very long time. It has given us the best THE BEST Nintendo titles. Period. Jaysonguy

That never happened

Weak third party support quickened it's demise and most of it's marque games are in constant flux between the shift from children and casuals to casuals and children.

Bridge games fizzled and died off on their own because there's no point in building a bridge when no one wants to cross it.

Mario Galaxy 2 was Nintendo's highest rated game yet 40% of people who played the first said "no thanks" and never touched it.

The biggest slap in the face was that Nintendo didn't even find the Wii worthy of it's own support, the retail releases shark dramatically and the digital store started to grow cobwebs in only it's second year after launch.

Diminish your feeble arguments pretentious prick. You became a complete asswipe the Wii's second year after launch. Coincidence?
#39 Posted by foxfacer2d2 (570 posts) -
Wii is not dead coz wii u is backwards compatible so yeah i did not own a wii so im buying wii games baziiiiiiiinga!!!!!!! Kachunk kachunk yah!
#40 Posted by gatsbythepig (10486 posts) -

It still works just fine.

#41 Posted by jonleeprice (1487 posts) -

Not many games coming out for it,plus the impending release of Wii U....

Is the Wii dead?

GreekGameManiac
It died pretty much a week after i bought and realised what a bag of sh|te it was.
#42 Posted by vguy555 (4620 posts) -

I've stopped playing it after I finished Skyward Sword. I doubt I'll buy any more games for the Wii.

#43 Posted by KBFloYd (12947 posts) -

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]It's not about being dead or alive. It's about legacy. The Wii has inspired. It has produced the best of the best. It has given us the best 3rd party support ever seen in a very long time. It has given us the best THE BEST Nintendo titles. Period. Jaysonguy

That never happened

GTFO of the wii forum troll..

oh wait.. you can't because no one even replies to you in the 360 forum and system wars...all your hardcore brothers just laugh at how stupid you are.

#44 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Mine isn't dead to me. I still play it quite a bit and there are many more games I want for it.

#45 Posted by Superzone (3713 posts) -

The Last Story was the last big release for the system, so the Wii is coming to the end of its life cycle. For me personally, there are still a few Wii games I need to get (Skyward Sword being the main one) and my Wii games will still get played quite a bit even after the Wii U comes out.

#46 Posted by josephl64 (4424 posts) -

since I am guessing Pandora's Tower will never make it here...yeah, it's dead to me

#47 Posted by SoAmazingBaby (2737 posts) -
Yes. Have been so for at least a half of a year. Wii-U will revitalize Nintendo.
#48 Posted by ZamboniGamer (519 posts) -

It was dead to me a month after pruchasing in 06:)

#49 Posted by Hsk_Dark_Link (55 posts) -

The Wii has been dead to me since Skyward Sword. The only reason I keep buying new systems is for new Zelda games. That's it

#50 Posted by bowserjr123 (1624 posts) -

I think The Last Story and several Gamecube games I still want to play like Tales of Symphonia, Eternal Darkness, Viewtiful Joe, Metroid Prime 2 and others are the only uses I'll have for it in the future, so other than those, it's pretty much dead to me.