Is the volume louder in 3DS XL than 3DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 0

#1 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

Well, basically that. To whoever has migrated or got a 3DS XL, is the audio output louder?

My big complaint with the 3DS has been the volume as it is impossible to hear music being on the street. I already have a noise cancelling headphones and it is still barely audible

I want to get a 3DS XL sometime in the near future but this could be a real incentive

Thanks in advance for your comments!

TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TIGERLIONX
Member since 2004 • 914 Posts

for me the original 3ds speakers are louder than the 3ds xl, thats why i bought a nice pair of inner earphones, so if you have good ones, you will be fine

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#3 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
That's really bad news :( I was expecting Nintendo to correct the volume with the 3DS XL. I never had a DSi but from my DS Lite to my wife's DSi XL I noted a better audio output. Too bad this is not the case for the 3DS to 3DS XL
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

No, it's actually sad that the original 3DS is abit louder then the 3DS XL. I noticed while trading Pokemon between Black & White versions. Considering the 3DS isn't that loud to begin what, it's pretty lazy on Nintendos part not to improve the volume at least alittle on the XL.

peach79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 peach79
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

Is it maybe the games? I've played different games and each has audio that is louder or more soft. The audio in Virtue's Last Reward is REALLY soft while Mario Kart sounds just right when the volume on the system is turned up.

peach79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 peach79
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

Is it maybe the games? I've played different games and each has audio that is louder or more soft. The audio in Virtue's Last Reward is REALLY soft while Mario Kart sounds just right when the volume on the system is turned up.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

even less loud which is the worsst thing of the XL, it'ss a joke how low the volume is, you ccan't really use it in a train unless you don't care for sound at all