Is The Virtual Console Worth Getting Involved With?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jesusrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jesusrocks
Member since 2004 • 2140 Posts
Hey All
I have been umming and areing if I should buy a virtual controller and some Wii points and start downloading some of the old games.
Like I own a PS3, a 360 and a Wii and was wondering if the virtual console games would be actually worth getting?
Can I get some comments on the VC - Is it worth it or not?
Cheers
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
In my opinion, good games are always worth it. There are many good games on the VC...so I say: go for it.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11917 Posts
Absolutely, it's the reason I bought the Wii.
Zoidberg-007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Zoidberg-007
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts
well... i personally perfer emulators over the VC because they offer better resolution, picture, sound a bigger selection and they are free. The only games i would want to get on the VC are: Super Smash Bros. (N64) Paper Mario (N64) Kirby 64 and hopefully Chrono Trigger (if it ever comes out)
hiho24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 hiho24
Member since 2005 • 4052 Posts

Definetly worth it.  I own 8 Wii games currently. Planning to buy two more soon. 

Its a great service with great games.  Cheap.  Legal.  And fun! 

Lady_Sekhmet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Lady_Sekhmet
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts

It's really personal prefrence. If you go to Nintendo website, and check out the games they have for the VC, and you want one, then get it. If you're the person that like emulators and all that, then don't. I don't use emulators, and don't like using it through my computer. It's not the same as playing it through TV.

The resolution of the games shouldn't matter where it is because if it's 8 bit (NES), then it will show 8 Bit game on the computer regardless. (Prove me wrong).

So far, I have two VC games, Super Mario World (which, sadly I never played in my life until the Wii), and Ice Hockey. Ahh...memories. I'm positive that over time there will be better games, and yes, it will be possible for Chrono Trigger to be on it. 

Slingblade1170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Slingblade1170
Member since 2005 • 437 Posts
VC games are awesome.
theICE_MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 theICE_MAN
Member since 2007 • 538 Posts
yes.
hiho24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hiho24
Member since 2005 • 4052 Posts

It's really personal prefrence. If you go to Nintendo website, and check out the games they have for the VC, and you want one, then get it. If you're the person that like emulators and all that, then don't. I don't use emulators, and don't like using it through my computer. It's not the same as playing it through TV.

The resolution of the games shouldn't matter where it is because if it's 8 bit (NES), then it will show 8 Bit game on the computer regardless. (Prove me wrong).

So far, I have two VC games, Super Mario World (which, sadly I never played in my life until the Wii), and Ice Hockey. Ahh...memories. I'm positive that over time there will be better games, and yes, it will be possible for Chrono Trigger to be on it.

Lady_Sekhmet

I weep for your lack of Super Mario World. :(

Chrono Trigger will most likely not be on the VC.  I think last I hear Square was not supporting it. 

LasPlagasHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#10 LasPlagasHope
Member since 2005 • 1356 Posts
It is very woth getting involved with!
Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#11 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

I'm totally hooked to the VC and surely I recommend it. There are some great titles, but, to me, it really depends more in the memories you would like to re-play

In any case, if you can afford the 3 consoles, surely won't be a proble to get some titles  ;-)

Toribor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Toribor
Member since 2005 • 3255 Posts
I don't touch it. I don't like the system really... Just not my thing.
Avatar image for StephenBassford
StephenBassford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 StephenBassford
Member since 2004 • 889 Posts

i cant wait to play some games that i have never played before.. like star fox 64, and a lot of nes and sega games...

to be honest, it seems as though VC is the only game keeping the Wii afloat during these next few months

StephenBassford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 StephenBassford

i cant wait to play some games that i have never played before.. like star fox 64, and a lot of nes and sega games...

to be honest, it seems as though VC is the only game keeping the Wii afloat during these next few months

StephenBassford

oops... besides super paper mario

ShadyNinjaMan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 ShadyNinjaMan1
Member since 2007 • 1448 Posts

I think that the VC is....wait a minute....DID YOU JUST SAY YOU HAVE THE PS3, THE 360, AND THE WII???

Ah, maybe it's just something I'm not used to hearing. I mean, I am confined in my room for 2/3 of the day everyday controlling my access to the outside world, which is usually set to "block everything". 

yoda-san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yoda-san
Member since 2006 • 323 Posts
It's not like Nintendo is asking you to download every game that gets released on the VC. If you see something you like, buy it, what's stopping you? The VC is just another great added bonus for people who do get involved with it. I say buy the games you are dieing to play or just want to re-play over and over again.
meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts

It also gives you a legal way to play the games you missed on the consoles you owned or didn't own. Plus it's guess what perfect emulation and the prices are decent.

Yes they have that price because otherwise third parties wouldn't put their games on the vc. They want money and that was the lowest price Nintendo doing the research could put it at.

You wonder why loads of games aren't on the psn or xbox live it's because putting added crap in games makes said retro games cost as much as a game designed today or even more. Plus it takes as much time to do it.Also the profit margins are incredibly low on the xbox live arcade, psn games. So microsoft/sony has to do a lot of dealing to get games on their services.

Which is why a lot of those services content are 1.50 episodes of current tv series. It's more money for them then putting a game on their service to be downloaded.

reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
[QUOTE="StephenBassford"]

StephenBassford

oops... besides super paper mario

Agreed.

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts
i've always been leary of illegal emulatuion, but with the Wii, i can play games i haven't touched in years again! i just hope that they make some more heavy hitters available. dungeon exploreror whatever it's called just seems like a waste of time to me...you know what i'm talking about...
StephenBassford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 StephenBassford

"Is The Virtual Console Worth Getting Involved With?"

This is like saying "Is it worth having healthcare?"

Of Course :)

VC will save lives and bring back hundreds of old memories

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Yes. It's worth getting the Wii just for VC games.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

For 8 consoles (NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, Turbografx, Neo Geo (soon), GameCube and the Wii itself) into 1, I think it's worth to buy the hardware.

Now, if the rumours of the Sega Saturn to be there as well are true. Nights into Dreams will be mine.  

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts
well... i personally perfer emulators over the VC because they offer better resolution, picture, sound a bigger selection and they are free. The only games i would want to get on the VC are: Super Smash Bros. (N64) Paper Mario (N64) Kirby 64 and hopefully Chrono Trigger (if it ever comes out)Zoidberg-007
the only way emulators are egal are if you actually buy the game and gets the roms off the cartridges yourself, so please don't give people advice to break the law
DJ_Redline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 DJ_Redline
Member since 2004 • 288 Posts

Hey All
I have been umming and areing if I should buy a virtual controller and some Wii points and start downloading some of the old games.
Like I own a PS3, a 360 and a Wii and was wondering if the virtual console games would be actually worth getting?
Can I get some comments on the VC - Is it worth it or not?
Cheersjesusrocks

To tell the truth, with the lack of good Wii games out there, the VC is the only reason I haven't gotten rid of my Wii yet. Nintendo has Punch Out!! To thankfor keeping my business....Until I find someone to sell my Wii to and get a 360 instead!

robzan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 robzan
Member since 2006 • 320 Posts

VC = Great memories, great if you missed a great game.

It's just hard to pick game, there are so many good!

Go for it! 

LProjektST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LProjektST
Member since 2005 • 1055 Posts
yes its worth it.
jjj13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#27 jjj13
Member since 2005 • 2399 Posts

It is very fund. :D

btw get some free points by clicking my sig. :D

andrewkozis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#28 andrewkozis
Member since 2005 • 3336 Posts
yes if you have no wii games too play i would reccomend investing in a classic controller and some wii points