Is Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon pretty long?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

Is Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon pretty long?  It sounds interesting from what I've heard from it, but i hope it isn't too short in terms of hours to take to finish the game.  

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

[QUOTE="moltenix"]

I just finished it today and i've spent about 17 hours playing. I did take my time on missions and replayed a few of them. I still plan to go back to some as well to try to get better ranks plus there's still the Scarescraper (multiplayer) which looks kinda fun.

Highly recommend getting this game! It's awesome and the missions are quite replayable.

hydralisk86

17 hours sounds kind of short...

It's actually kind of long. 

You do not want a 30+ hour Luigi's Mansion game. 

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

I just finished it today and i've spent about 17 hours playing. I did take my time on missions and replayed a few of them. I still plan to go back to some as well to try to get better ranks plus there's still the Scarescraper (multiplayer) which looks kinda fun.

Highly recommend getting this game! It's awesome and the missions are quite replayable.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hydralisk86

moltenix
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#5 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

It takes at least fifteen hours if you go for all of the game's secrets and collectibles. I would say it has a pretty decent length.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#6 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
[QUOTE="hydralisk86"] 17 hours sounds kind of short...

This is a Luigi's Mansion game, not a role-playing or sandbox game.
Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

About 20 hours. Took me 21 hours.

moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

[QUOTE="moltenix"]

hydralisk86

That's pretty damn good compared to a lot of games these days.

Not every type of game is suited to 40+ hour adventures. It might not be super long but the whole experience is very good.

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

It's normal... the only games that tend to be longer are RPGs and strategy and of course sports/racing games cause of replaybility
but for this kind of games LM2 is pretty much a standard in the market

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"][QUOTE="moltenix"]

moltenix

That's pretty damn good compared to a lot of games these days.

Not every type of game is suited to 40+ hour adventures. It might not be super long but the whole experience is very good.

It's pretty long when even most console games are 8-12 hours at best.

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts

Main story, depending on your style will take 12-16 hours. 100% completion will take 20+.

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

It's a lot longer than the last game. Luigi's Mansion one was about 6 hours of gameplay time. Luigis mansion dark moon took me 14 hours to beat. Decent time, Amazing game

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

If you're a advance gamer, the game won't be long. But then again what with the missions & no checkpoints, that's a good thing. But it's a great game, & I'll say everyone should get Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hydralisk86

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"][QUOTE="moltenix"]

rolfboy

For a 40 dollar game with a fun multiplayer mode, a 17 hour single player campaign is great.

Would you say the online doesn't get boring fast?

rolfboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rolfboy
Member since 2006 • 1137 Posts
[QUOTE="moltenix"]

hydralisk86

For a 40 dollar game with a fun multiplayer mode, a 17 hour single player campaign is great.
CBN16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CBN16
Member since 2012 • 407 Posts

Nintendo games stay at $40 for a long time, so if you beat it quickly, you can sell it for a decent price for awhile.