Is anyone else disappointed with gaming this year?

#1 Posted by mowerdude85 (18 posts) -

I can't belive that there isn't any games coming out from Nintendo that I will be purchasing the rest of this year, I hate Super Smash Bros I find that game boring, I didn't care for the captain Toad stages from Super Mario 3D world so I won't be getting captain toad, The Mario Maker game I don't really care for that kind of game if you can even call it a game to start with. The only game I was looking forward to picking up this year for my Wii U was Project Cars and now it is delayed only for the Wii U. So I guess it's about time to pickup another gaming console this year so I can actually play some new games the rest of this year.

#2 Posted by outworld222 (2429 posts) -

Ya it's one point of view to have. It's not 2013 in gaming value. I hope for a second-half that is better this year.

#3 Posted by Raptor_Herc (225 posts) -

There's still Bayonetta 2 (and the first if you have not played it) in addition to Hyrule Warriors, both of which are at the very least worth checking out. With that being said, it is a shame more developers are not supporting the console.

#4 Edited by SolidTy (43761 posts) -

@mowerdude85 said:

I can't belive that there isn't any games coming out from Nintendo that I will be purchasing the rest of this year, I hate Super Smash Bros I find that game boring, I didn't care for the captain Toad stages from Super Mario 3D world so I won't be getting captain toad, The Mario Maker game I don't really care for that kind of game if you can even call it a game to start with. The only game I was looking forward to picking up this year for my Wii U was Project Cars and now it is delayed only for the Wii U. So I guess it's about time to pickup another gaming console this year so I can actually play some new games the rest of this year.

Yeah, I haven't loved this year much either but I like SSB. I also have no interest in Captain Toad, I didn't like those levels at all in Super Mario 3D.

If I didn't like SSB I would be sad like you, but I like SSB.

Hey, there's always 2015! I went through these Nintendo 1st party droughts on N64, Gamecube, and Wii so I'm not surprised. It is what it is. I bought the Wii U knowing it wasn't going to be my primary gaming machine, but a complimentary Nintendo 1st party machine when amazing games finally do release (as I did with the N64, GC, and Wii).

I don't like Mario Kart, but others like it. Maybe look at that? Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 are also worth a mention. You already own SM 3D.

#5 Posted by yokofox33 (29881 posts) -

Well, that's your opinion, and I'll defend your right to say it and believe it, but I'm actually quite excited for many of the games coming out this year. SSB, Hyrule Warriors, and heck I think Mario Maker and the Toad game looks cool.

#6 Posted by ail_taco (120 posts) -

im getting falling skies the game

#7 Posted by JordanElek (17872 posts) -

This is the time to play games you missed before. The WiiU is also a Wii, did you play Xenoblade? That could take you to 2015 all by itself.

#8 Posted by bunchanumbers (1361 posts) -

Don't forget to keep your eyes out for indie games coming up. Pier Solar, Soul Saga, Rusty Pup are all indies that I am looking forward to.

#9 Posted by Chozofication (2922 posts) -

It's a slooow year, but since Wii U's getting the sequel to the best action game ever made and a port of that too I can't complain too much. :)

That's all i'm getting for Wii U, I plan on picking up a 2ds for alpha sapphire though.

#10 Posted by PikachuDude860 (878 posts) -

So far, I'm disappointed with this generation. Every game, so far, has been more of the same. Shooters, GTA clones, nothing really new and exciting. It's the same games we saw last gen, but with better graphics. Nintendo games are the only games that still have that "new" and "different" feel to them. I know they have used their IPs over and over again, but IMO, almost every time the gameplay still feels like your playing it for the first time...

As for the OP, if you don't like the games...There is not much anyone can do about it. If you don't like Smash, I'm pretty sure you probably wouldn't like Yoshi, Kirby, Etc. Just remember, there is no law that says you can't have more than one system. =P

#11 Edited by yixingtpot (1405 posts) -

PS4 collecting dust... occasional Blu-ray viewing or Ustream then I turn it off. Wii U, I go for months at a time without even powering it on and only use it for the web browser, Vita collecting dust too... I might start playing the old PS1 Resident Evil games on it again sometime though. I do still need to complete some PS3 games but haven't really cared to.

gaming is dead.

#12 Edited by superbuuman (2893 posts) -

Yup, on Wii U anyway, games that I want most push back to 2015 Xenoblade Chronicles X >_< ...games like Watch Dogs didn't even get release then of course Project Cars also now at 2015. Will grab Bayonetta 1 & 2 ...& Smash Bros...might get One Piece: Unlimited World Red. Kinda glad my PC can still game. :P

#13 Posted by nini200 (9825 posts) -

Turned on the old SNES yesterday again, played Turtles in Time and BattleToads/Double Dragon for hours

This gen is not bad though but it is bad when compared to other gens.

#14 Posted by FFCYAN (4943 posts) -

I don't know how everyone finds to time to play all these games, especially multi-console owners. Sounds like the TC picked the wrong console to own.

#15 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1367 posts) -

Hates Smash Bros....either your a troll, or no longer a gamer. NO GAMER HATES SMASH BROS. FACT.

#17 Edited by HonorOfGod (1231 posts) -

Nintendoomed?

#18 Posted by MirkoS77 (7581 posts) -

@pikachudude860 said:

So far, I'm disappointed with this generation. Every game, so far, has been more of the same. Shooters, GTA clones, nothing really new and exciting. It's the same games we saw last gen, but with better graphics. Nintendo games are the only games that still have that "new" and "different" feel to them. I know they have used their IPs over and over again, but IMO, almost every time the gameplay still feels like your playing it for the first time...

Nintendo's not exempt from that, you just prefer their games is all. They do no different than Sony and MS do.

Only game I'm looking forward to really is Zelda U and the hopeful return of Metroid.

#19 Edited by trugs26 (5573 posts) -

Yup 2014 is quite lackluster. E3 was pretty much all 2015 bar 4 games.

It's pretty lackluster overall (on all platforms) for gaming this year compared to previous years. 2015 is shaping up to be a strong year for gaming.

#20 Posted by mowerdude85 (18 posts) -

@Master_Of_Fools said:

Hates Smash Bros....either your a troll, or no longer a gamer. NO GAMER HATES SMASH BROS. FACT.

I am not a troll, and I am still a gamer, I just don't like the fighting gene very much that is why I don't care for smash bros, if I have to play a fighting game I will play either Street Fighter, or Mortal Kombat from the Snes.

#21 Edited by YearoftheSnake5 (7484 posts) -

That's unfortunate for you. Another user mentioned Bayonetta, but I'm not sure if that appeals to you or not. I'm alright with this year, but I wouldn't consider it anything mindblowing. I was hoping X would make it out the door before year's end, but that's not happening. Still, I'm set with Smash, Bayonetta, and downloadable titles, like Pier Solar HD.

#22 Posted by PikachuDude860 (878 posts) -

@MirkoS77: Nintendo's not exempt from that, you just prefer their games is all. They do no different than Sony and MS do.

I do prefer their games, however, I was refering to 3rd party games. I currently own a Xbox One and the only 3rd party games I'm looking forward to this year (That I'd pay $60 for) are Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age. I'm also looking forward to some of the exclusives like Sunset Overdrive and Halo. Sony exclusives like Bloodborn and LittlebigPlanet 3 look really good too.

I not saying the 3rd party games are bad or anything, they're just not games I'd pay $60 for and buy day one. Most aren't my cup of tea. It's sad because I had a TON of 3rd party games last gen, but this gen, for me, just isn't as exciting as last gen. And gaming, in general, isn't as..."magical" (For lack of a better term), as it used to be. Like back in the Gamecube and N64 days. Maybe the NES and SNES days too.

Most Nintendo games are some of the only games I can still get hyped for.