I walked by these 2 geeky looking dudes at school today

This topic is locked from further discussion.

getsmizacked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 getsmizacked
Member since 2012 • 67 Posts

And I thought to myself, they GOTTA have a 3DS. So when I pulled out mine and didn't see that green light for streetpass, I got sad.

You guys ever see someone you figure HAD to have a 3DS but turns out they didn't?

Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts
Not sure I can say I have. I do use the vending machines in the "Game Room" at my college instead of the art or science areas so I can get the street passes :P
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

And I thought to myself, they GOTTA have a 3DS. So when I pulled out mine and didn't see that green light for streetpass, I got sad.

You guys ever see someone you figure HAD to have a 3DS but turns out they didn't?

getsmizacked
To be fair, they might not have had it on them. I don't bring my 3DS to school as I don't have a long enough break to use it.
achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts
[QUOTE="getsmizacked"]

Toxic-Seahorse
To be fair, they might not have had it on them. I don't bring my 3DS to school as I don't have a long enough break to use it.

Same, if I have time to play my 3ds I likely have time to study so I'd rather study.
Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Moloch121
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts
/facepalm at OP.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Kid in Mario shirt. Had a 3DS! Oh " Phil"
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Lol?

Dude,i don't even go to school.(i'm 25)

And that's silly...really? just cause they are nerds they have a specific system?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
No, I don't judge people by looks, so I don't go guessing around who has 3DS and who doesn't, and assume one has it because they look geeky.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

I must be the only person that turns his 3DS off when he's not using it. What's the point of Streetpass?

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="getsmizacked"]

achilles614

Same, if I have time to play my 3ds I likely have time to study so I'd rather study.

Just carry it around so that you streetpass, and when you get home you check the green light. Besides, even if you don't, you'll still get 10 play coins every day.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Toxic-Seahorse

I must be the only person that turns his 3DS off when he's not using it. What's the point of Streetpass?

metroidfood

Na I do the same thing. The 3DS's battery life in sleep mode isn't as good as it should be.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Just go to a kindergarden ;D
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts

metroidfood
Probably the ENTIRE MII PLAZA PUZZLES AND FIND MII. Tons of games use coins for things too.
Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Toxic-Seahorse
[QUOTE="metroidfood"]

YoshiYogurt
Probably the ENTIRE MII PLAZA PUZZLES AND FIND MII. Tons of games use coins for things too.

Well I don't use any of those things. I just play games. :P
Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts

I haven't played Find Mii in a long, long time, and never paid much attention to the puzzles. I don't take my 3DS with me unless I'm using it for music. The play coins have a couple uses (guns in Resident Evil: Revelations, costumes in Dead or Alive: Dimensions). I think I have around 200 coins now.

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

I'm at the opposite end. I lift weights and love outdoor acivities, so people who don't know me probably wouldn't guess that I'm really into video games and TMNT action figures. :P And it's completely possible that they did own 3DS systems, but simply do not carry them around everywhere they go.

yeebsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 yeebsey
Member since 2010 • 180 Posts

im a technical manager at a music venue/ traveling concert light tech and always love it when some random from a tour or venue walks my way and my 3ds lights up

one of the nerdiest industries there is. less sex and drugs, more games and sci fi

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

I work at a Hotel and we have multiple anime conventions take place at nearby venues or in one of our event rooms. I didn't have my 3DS for any last year, but hoping to pick a ton up when we hold these events/have the people stay in the hotel this year :). 

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rod90

I work at a Hotel and we have multiple anime conventions take place at nearby venues or in one of our event rooms. I didn't have my 3DS for any last year, but hoping to pick a ton up when we hold these events/have the people stay in the hotel this year :). 

HowlingLotus
You work at Hotel Dusk? :O
HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HowlingLotus

[QUOTE="HowlingLotus"]

Rod90

That would be pretty awesome ;). So would another sequel to that game, but I guess that`s impossible at this point :(.

Soilworkcob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Soilworkcob
Member since 2003 • 626 Posts

I love the 3DS but I wouldn't be caught dead with it in Public :P

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Toxic-Seahorse

Soilworkcob
Why is that?
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#23 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

[QUOTE="Soilworkcob"]

Toxic-Seahorse

Why is that?

I was a little embarrassed to play games in public for a while myself. I eventually realized that half the people on the train were playing Angry Birds or some such thing on their phones and so now I figure if people are gonna judge me for giving a crap about the games I play, they can go right on ahead. I am no more embarassed about it now that I would be for reading a good book rather than Twilight.

Soilworkcob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Soilworkcob

[QUOTE="Soilworkcob"]

Toxic-Seahorse

Why is that?

Because it's cool repellent.

Soilworkcob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Soilworkcob

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="Soilworkcob"]

logicalfrank

Why is that?

I was a little embarrassed to play games in public for a while myself. I eventually realized that half the people on the train were playing Angry Birds or some such thing on their phones and so now I figure if people are gonna judge me for giving a crap about the games I play, they can go right on ahead. I am no more embarassed about it now that I would be for reading a good book rather than Twilight.

I have no problem reading books in public (unless it's like Twilight :P )

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Toxic-Seahorse

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"][QUOTE="Soilworkcob"]

Soilworkcob

Why is that?

Sounds like someone is a bit insecure.
Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Moloch121
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts
[QUOTE="Soilworkcob"]

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] Why is that?Toxic-Seahorse

Hey now I wouldn't be caught with a 3DS in the subway once I'm near Harlem that's asking to be robbed. >.>
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#28 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

Another girl is the only other person I've StreetPassed with at my high school. Theres also a redditqueer who occasionally passes with me, but his Mii and message disgust me so in a way that I usually take his puzzle pieces and then delete him from my plaza.

The only other times I've StreetPassed are 1) group of small children at the mall (unexpected), 2) accidentally walking into the anime club (traumatized) at my local community college while lost, 3) gamestop.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rod90
[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="metroidfood"]

Toxic-Seahorse

Well I don't use any of those things. I just play games. :P

"those things" are games too!
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Rod90

[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="HowlingLotus"]

HowlingLotus

That would be pretty awesome ;). So would another sequel to that game, but I guess that`s impossible at this point :(.

I'm currently playing The Last Window: The Secret of Cape West. :D Have you played it?
Soilworkcob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Soilworkcob

[QUOTE="Soilworkcob"]

[QUOTE="Toxic-Seahorse"] Why is that?Toxic-Seahorse

Maybe

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HowlingLotus

I'm currently playing The Last Window: The Secret of Cape West. :D Have you played it?Rod90

Not yet. It's one of the DS/3DS games I'm getting to next once I finish up my current set of games. I let my friend borrow and play it after I bought it and they said it was better then the first. So I'm expecting quite a bit. 

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rod90

[QUOTE="Rod90"]I'm currently playing The Last Window: The Secret of Cape West. :D Have you played it?HowlingLotus

Not yet. It's one of the DS/3DS games I'm getting to next once I finish up my current set of games. I let my friend borrow and play it after I bought it and they said it was better then the first. So I'm expecting quite a bit. 

I found one by sheer luck. A friend ordered one somehow and he lend the game to me. The game never got a release in the americas.
rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts
I actually have a question... when you're on the home menu and you see in the top left or top right or wherever it usually says "internet" in that little round rectangle, sometimes for me it becomes green and says "streetpass." I was assuming whenever this happens that I've passed someone with a 3DS, but then I don't get the little flashing green light and I don't get a new streetpass... So what does this mean??
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rod90
I actually have a question... when you're on the home menu and you see in the top left or top right or wherever it usually says "internet" in that little round rectangle, sometimes for me it becomes green and says "streetpass." I was assuming whenever this happens that I've passed someone with a 3DS, but then I don't get the little flashing green light and I don't get a new streetpass... So what does this mean??rubber-chicken
No, no, no. The rectangle in the top left corner shows what type of connection the 3DS currently has. It can say "disabled" (if you turned of wireless comunications), "local" (if you are connected to another 3DS via local wireless), "internet" (which means you are connected to your wi-fi internet) or "streetpass" (which means the 3DS is currently on streetpass mode). Sometimes you can be in more than one type of connection at once, for example internet and streetpass, but it will still show just "internet". When you ACTUALLY streetpass with someone, a green light will turn on (or flash for a few seconds if you have the 3DS open) on the square lid outside of the system. You'll also get a green bubble on the "notifications" icon.
rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts
[QUOTE="rubber-chicken"]I actually have a question... when you're on the home menu and you see in the top left or top right or wherever it usually says "internet" in that little round rectangle, sometimes for me it becomes green and says "streetpass." I was assuming whenever this happens that I've passed someone with a 3DS, but then I don't get the little flashing green light and I don't get a new streetpass... So what does this mean??Rod90
No, no, no. The rectangle in the top left corner shows what type of connection the 3DS currently has. It can say "disabled" (if you turned of wireless comunications), "local" (if you are connected to another 3DS via local wireless), "internet" (which means you are connected to your wi-fi internet) or "streetpass" (which means the 3DS is currently on streetpass mode). Sometimes you can be in more than one type of connection at once, for example internet and streetpass, but it will still show just "internet". When you ACTUALLY streetpass with someone, a green light will turn on (or flash for a few seconds if you have the 3DS open) on the square lid outside of the system. You'll also get a green bubble on the "notifications" icon.

Oh okay, and I'm guessing whenever you're in internet mode, you're also in streetpass mode?
SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts
Never happened to me, I am a swimmer at my high school and my friend is the captain of the wrestling time who is headed to states and we talk about 3DS games all the time and people are always shocked when we do.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rod90
[QUOTE="Rod90"][QUOTE="rubber-chicken"]I actually have a question... when you're on the home menu and you see in the top left or top right or wherever it usually says "internet" in that little round rectangle, sometimes for me it becomes green and says "streetpass." I was assuming whenever this happens that I've passed someone with a 3DS, but then I don't get the little flashing green light and I don't get a new streetpass... So what does this mean??rubber-chicken

Oh okay, and I'm guessing whenever you're in internet mode, you're also in streetpass mode?

If you are idle on the 3DS menu, then yeah (you could be on the eShop for example and I think you can't streetpass while being there). If you wanna streetpass, it's easier just to close the 3DS.