I Need Five Games.

#1 Edited by killjoi (9986 posts) -

I adhere to the 5 game rule for buying any console. There must be 5 games I'd be willing to pay full price for on a system before I'll commit to a purchase. For the Wii, it was:

• Super Mario Galaxy
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2
  • Endless Ocean: Blue World (I love underwater stuff)
  • Monster Hunter Tri
  • Xenoblade Chronicles

With Mario Kart 8 coming out, and this new bundle being just announced, I am seriously jonesing for a Wii U. That said, this is all I can come up with so far:

• Mario Kart 8
  • Super Mario 3D
  • Pikmin 3

If I could come up with 2 more must have Wii U titles I'd snag that bundle.

#2 Edited by Jaysonguy (37631 posts) -

Oh good luck with that....

You don't even know enough about the software to make a choice for yourself and instead come helpless to people asking them to tell you what to do?

This is going to end well

#3 Posted by TTUalumni13 (483 posts) -

The "sequel" or whatever it will be to Xenoblade, "x" comes out sometime either late this year (unlikely) or next year. If Xenoblade was a must for you, likely will be oo

#4 Edited by outworld222 (2415 posts) -

I know you adhere to the 5 game rule, but do yourself a favor and get Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii. It's got all 3 games in one! Super high rated game!! What more could you ask?

#5 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16722 posts) -

I've heard great things about Wonderful 101, Smash Bros is being released later this year, and the sequel to Xenoblade, X, is being developed right now. And X looks incredible... It's Xenoblade's combat, except you can PILOT A MECH.

#6 Posted by Bardock47 (5278 posts) -
  1. Wonderful 101
  2. ZombiU
  3. DK: Tropical Freeze
  4. (later this year) Smash Bro.
  5. Bayonetta 2
  6. (If your into remakes) Wind Waker HD
  7. Also the side scrolling Mario (as well as Luigi) U are good
#7 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2569 posts) -

You don't even know enough about the software to make a choice for yourself and instead come helpless to people asking them to tell you what to do?

Who hurt you?

#8 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2569 posts) -

Also, Wind Waker HD.

#9 Edited by killjoi (9986 posts) -

The Wonderful 101 seems to have some issues, but it looks like an original game which might outweigh whatever problems it has. Wind Waker HD...it looks really good, but I got sick of the treasure hunt toward the end game in the original. It's my wife's favorite Zelda though, so it's a possibility. Talked to some others about DK Tropical Freeze and it looks to be a solid platformer. I actually played that in Target one day for about 2 min or so. The thing that stuck out the most to me was the music.

Bayonetta--never played the original but always heard good things. Glad to see that there's another Monolith game coming out, Xenoblade despite the annoying "WHAT A BUNCH OF JOKERS" repetitive dialog it was like a multiplayer MMO but with one person controlling all accounts. Great music too. Wish that could be uprezzed somehow on Wii U.

Metroid Trilogy is still around? I loved the first one but got stuck in the part where the Space Pirates have to be killed with specific weapons while being immune to others.

I am really interested in how ZombiU has held up. The press seemed to hate it for the most part, while user reviews revealed a possible disconnect in that they seemed to find the game very enjoyable and scary.

Finally, my concern for the rules is now moot as after showing my wife the MK8 bundle she's decided to pick it up for my birthday.

#10 Edited by Pierst179 (10768 posts) -

Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze, The Wonderful 101, Lego City Undercover, and (if you haven't played it in other consoles) Rayman Legends could be easily added to that list.

They are great games!

#11 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (7435 posts) -

How has trolling the forums for a console from a company who you obviously hate been working out for you?

#12 Edited by KBFloYd (13440 posts) -

5 games?

monster hunter 3 ultimate

mario 3d world

donkey kong tropical freeze

pikmin 3

zelda windwaker(if you never played it)

mario kart 8

tekken tag 2 wiiu edition

#13 Edited by outworld222 (2415 posts) -

@killjoi said:

Metroid Trilogy is still around? I loved the first one but got stuck in the part where the Space Pirates have to be killed with specific weapons while being immune to others.

Yes, but if you're going to get it for online, you should know that Wii Online goes offline May 20th.

But I'm not sure if you can play multiplayer with bots and stuff, (I know Metroid Prime Hunters has that feature), please look it up.

And also, that's the fun part. When revisiting a game "after initial failure", you can see where you went wrong and have complete satisfaction when you figure out what did wrong, and how to get past the part you were stuck on. I feel great when I personally do that.

#14 Edited by MWright469 (151 posts) -

The WiiU has 5 games?

#15 Posted by KBFloYd (13440 posts) -

The WiiU has 5 games?

it has more gamesx than the other systems at least...and more and bigger games planned for the rest of the year.

#16 Posted by moltenix (2485 posts) -
  • Mario Kart 8
  • Pikmin 3
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns
  • Wind Waker HD
  • X
  • Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U
#17 Edited by nini200 (9702 posts) -

This about sums it up.

#18 Edited by MWright469 (151 posts) -

@KBFloYd:

Surprise: the WiiU has also been out a year longer and still hasn't outsold the other two. Whatever meager amount of WiiU games there actually are is pretty pathetic given the fact that the console has been out for almost 2 years and the best thing it can come up with is an HD remake of a Gamecube Zelda title. Rofl.....