I need advice/opinions on buying Black Ops 2.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

So here is my dilemma. I have a Wii U preordered. I want to play Black Ops 2 on the Wii U so I can also play on the gamepad screen while the wifey watches TV. However, none of my real life friends will be adopting this new console for quite some time if ever so I would only be playing w/ strangers. All my friends play on PS3 as we have since COD4. I can't decide on which version to get! What would you do? Are you in the same boat? Also, do you think Wii U will get the shaft on DLC as it did on Wii? I am leaning towards the PS3 version, but at the same time I want the Wii U version just as bad. I know this is a silly thread, but I can't be the only person on these froums with the same issue. Thanks in advance.

Wii U -

Pros - Gamepad Screen Play, New Console, Probably looks a bit better than PS3 version.

Cons - No real life friends!

PS3 -

Pros - Real life friends.

Cons - Probably the inferior version between PS3, Wii U, and 360 graphically. No gamepad screen.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Myself, if I had friends that played and I played with that would be most important factor. That said, I have no friends and I plan on getting wiiu version to play online.
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
Reading your comment, I'd say PS3 version. For starters, it seems you're only interest on the Wii U version is the GamePad screen and the Graphics, but if you're going to be playing it on the GamePad screen it's been confirmed that the gamepad doesn't display graphics at the same level as what you'll see on a TV screen, and I wouldn't expect Activision to have made too much of an effort improving the graphics of the WiiU version over the PS3. Also, multiplayer and Co-Op modes (especially Zombies) really aren't that fun with random players (most just screw about and make the game harder to play), much better to get the version you can play with your friends, I know that's what I would do if I could stand to ever play another CoD game again.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Get WiiU version and make NEW online friends. Real friends are over-rated. I dont know how the online with WiiU will work, but add me, Videodogg if you can.

foxfacer2d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 foxfacer2d2
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts

time to get new friends with the wii U

homegirl2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 homegirl2180
Member since 2004 • 7161 Posts
You'll likely have more fun with the WiiU version. Make sure none of your friends are buying a WiiU before deciding on the PS3 though, because if a small amount of them are, then you can convince them to gets BLOPS2 for WiiU.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i cant see the gamepad being that great for fast paced shooter like cod.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AutoPilotOn
i cant see the gamepad being that great for fast paced shooter like cod.campzor
Anything has got to be better than the playstation controller for FPS. I can't play with the daulshock3 no matter how hard I try. I perfer the 360s for fps and the wiiu pro looks very similar.
thirdfall12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thirdfall12
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I want Black Ops for Wii U as well. I picked it over the 360 version.
cesarexec22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cesarexec22
Member since 2012 • 47 Posts
did you not see the black ops video in the Nintendo conference on how flawlessly the game pad was used to play??
Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts
I was also debating either the PS3 version or the Wii U version, I only play Zombie mode anyways. But I decided to get the Wii U version and if the online multiplayer is lack luster than i'm just gonna switch it out with the PS3 version later or maybe just have both.
ZamboniGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ZamboniGamer
Member since 2011 • 530 Posts

I want Black Ops for Wii U as well. I picked it over the 360 version.thirdfall12

Good luck with that!

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
I had a similar decision when i got black ops on the pc(biggest mistake ever cuz it sucks) but all my friends got the 360 version. It sucked not being able to play with them but I had the better version and I didn't mind it too much, It is pretty fun playing with real life friends but who says you cant find some cool people online and join a clan or something? I did that on halo 3 and had some pretty cool people i didnt know in real life that I played with almost everyday, same with cod2 when 360 first came out
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]i cant see the gamepad being that great for fast paced shooter like cod.AutoPilotOn
Anything has got to be better than the playstation controller for FPS. I can't play with the daulshock3 no matter how hard I try. I perfer the 360s for fps and the wiiu pro looks very similar.

dualshock is a love it or hate it controller. I Dont have a problem at all, but if you do then i guess the wii u pro controller which u mentioned would be great (totally forgot about it tbh) Then again... you wont be able to play cod with the wii u pro controller and satisfy your wifes television time :P Unless you can actually use the gamepad for the screen and the wii u pro controller as the controller (if you get what i mean lol)
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

i cant see the gamepad being that great for fast paced shooter like cod.campzor

Yeah, anything with two analog sticks is going to be bad.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]i cant see the gamepad being that great for fast paced shooter like cod.goblaa

False, shooters managed to be great before the wiimote, they managed to be great during the wiimote, they'll manage to be great after the wiimote...

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AutoPilotOn

[QUOTE="campzor"]i cant see the gamepad being that great for fast paced shooter like cod.goblaa

It's the second best to keyboard and mouse