I need advice/opinions on buying Black Ops 2.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SNESMaster420 (1335 posts) -

So here is my dilemma. I have a Wii U preordered. I want to play Black Ops 2 on the Wii U so I can also play on the gamepad screen while the wifey watches TV. However, none of my real life friends will be adopting this new console for quite some time if ever so I would only be playing w/ strangers. All my friends play on PS3 as we have since COD4. I can't decide on which version to get! What would you do? Are you in the same boat? Also, do you think Wii U will get the shaft on DLC as it did on Wii? I am leaning towards the PS3 version, but at the same time I want the Wii U version just as bad. I know this is a silly thread, but I can't be the only person on these froums with the same issue. Thanks in advance.

Wii U -

Pros - Gamepad Screen Play, New Console, Probably looks a bit better than PS3 version.

Cons - No real life friends!

PS3 -

Pros - Real life friends.

Cons - Probably the inferior version between PS3, Wii U, and 360 graphically. No gamepad screen.

#2 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8523 posts) -
Myself, if I had friends that played and I played with that would be most important factor. That said, I have no friends and I plan on getting wiiu version to play online.
#3 Posted by spike6958 (4826 posts) -
Reading your comment, I'd say PS3 version. For starters, it seems you're only interest on the Wii U version is the GamePad screen and the Graphics, but if you're going to be playing it on the GamePad screen it's been confirmed that the gamepad doesn't display graphics at the same level as what you'll see on a TV screen, and I wouldn't expect Activision to have made too much of an effort improving the graphics of the WiiU version over the PS3. Also, multiplayer and Co-Op modes (especially Zombies) really aren't that fun with random players (most just screw about and make the game harder to play), much better to get the version you can play with your friends, I know that's what I would do if I could stand to ever play another CoD game again.
#4 Posted by Videodogg (12579 posts) -

Get WiiU version and make NEW online friends. Real friends are over-rated. I dont know how the online with WiiU will work, but add me, Videodogg if you can.

#5 Posted by foxfacer2d2 (570 posts) -

time to get new friends with the wii U

#6 Posted by homegirl2180 (7161 posts) -
You'll likely have more fun with the WiiU version. Make sure none of your friends are buying a WiiU before deciding on the PS3 though, because if a small amount of them are, then you can convince them to gets BLOPS2 for WiiU.
#7 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
i cant see the gamepad being that great for fast paced shooter like cod.
#8 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8523 posts) -
i cant see the gamepad being that great for fast paced shooter like cod.campzor
Anything has got to be better than the playstation controller for FPS. I can't play with the daulshock3 no matter how hard I try. I perfer the 360s for fps and the wiiu pro looks very similar.
#9 Posted by thirdfall12 (2 posts) -
I want Black Ops for Wii U as well. I picked it over the 360 version.
#10 Posted by cesarexec22 (50 posts) -
did you not see the black ops video in the Nintendo conference on how flawlessly the game pad was used to play??
#11 Posted by Sphensen (768 posts) -
I was also debating either the PS3 version or the Wii U version, I only play Zombie mode anyways. But I decided to get the Wii U version and if the online multiplayer is lack luster than i'm just gonna switch it out with the PS3 version later or maybe just have both.
#12 Posted by ZamboniGamer (519 posts) -

I want Black Ops for Wii U as well. I picked it over the 360 version.thirdfall12

Good luck with that!

#13 Posted by Bangerman15 (1977 posts) -
I had a similar decision when i got black ops on the pc(biggest mistake ever cuz it sucks) but all my friends got the 360 version. It sucked not being able to play with them but I had the better version and I didn't mind it too much, It is pretty fun playing with real life friends but who says you cant find some cool people online and join a clan or something? I did that on halo 3 and had some pretty cool people i didnt know in real life that I played with almost everyday, same with cod2 when 360 first came out
#14 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"]i cant see the gamepad being that great for fast paced shooter like cod.AutoPilotOn
Anything has got to be better than the playstation controller for FPS. I can't play with the daulshock3 no matter how hard I try. I perfer the 360s for fps and the wiiu pro looks very similar.

dualshock is a love it or hate it controller. I Dont have a problem at all, but if you do then i guess the wii u pro controller which u mentioned would be great (totally forgot about it tbh) Then again... you wont be able to play cod with the wii u pro controller and satisfy your wifes television time :P Unless you can actually use the gamepad for the screen and the wii u pro controller as the controller (if you get what i mean lol)
#15 Posted by goblaa (19304 posts) -

i cant see the gamepad being that great for fast paced shooter like cod.campzor

Yeah, anything with two analog sticks is going to be bad.

#16 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"]i cant see the gamepad being that great for fast paced shooter like cod.goblaa

False, shooters managed to be great before the wiimote, they managed to be great during the wiimote, they'll manage to be great after the wiimote...

#17 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8523 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"]i cant see the gamepad being that great for fast paced shooter like cod.goblaa

It's the second best to keyboard and mouse