I'm so hyped for E3. I hope the Nintendo momentum continues!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4223 Posts

Crosses fingers for the Wii-U. At any rate, since I'm so used to the small screen, I hope the fourth year of the 3DS will bring us joy and happiness.

Lets just hope for ....

Metroid 3DS

Majora's Mask

Monster Hunter 4 US details.

A couple of good eshop games.....

What say you??

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I'm not hyping myself up for much at all as that's the main way you can get let down. I just want Nintendo do have a great direct during e3 since they won't be attending e3.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

@nini200 said:

I just want Nintendo do have a great direct during e3 since they won't be attending e3.

Wait, they're also doing a direct this year?

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

@nini200 said:

I just want Nintendo do have a great direct during e3 since they won't be attending e3.

I'm pretty sure they will be.

Not 100% certain but I don't think they'll be at e3 this year either.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

Im hyped for the new zelda after seeing how good mario kart 8 looks and with the changes to the series I think its going to be super EPIC.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

@juboner: I'm very excited too. What art style would you like?

I really liked SS art style. Anything like that would be great for me.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 juboner

@zeroyaoi: I liked SS style very beautiful at certain areas but it kinda doesn't give you a sense that there is something wrong in the world. I would like something more towards TP but not any more realistic or dark.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zeroyaoi

@juboner: Guess that makes sense, can't make any dungeons scary/haunting with that art style. I'm just a sucker for that art style. So something like the tech demo they released a while ago? I thought it looked impressive, but I'm not sure if we should expect anything like that.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By juboner

@zeroyaoi: Yes it was impressive but it was too realistic for my taste. I am pretty sure they are not using that art style from the demo. I would have enjoyed SS a lot better if it was in HD, it was very jagged on my screen. I played it on my wii U on a 1080p screen which will make it look even worse bc of the tv's scaler.

If u go to wiudaily under their zelda U section there is a guy who said he has seen the art style and it is nothing like the tech demo, more of a cross between SS and TP. Of course this is just rumor. I also read Eiji Aonuma has mentioned making the towns/world more like Skyrim, which sounds great to me.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#10 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Most major Nintendo characters have gotten big 3DS games.

Fully aware that I am setting myself up to disappointment, I will go ahead and say that I feel like a new Metroid is certainly coming.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 zeroyaoi

Felt like a prettier version of TP to me. :P

Interesting, a mix between SS, and TP could end up looking great. It would be amazing if they brought enemies from adventure of link, to me it has the best enemy designs in the series.

I didn't get to play skyrim, but I did enjoy oblivion. It captured the sense of adventure really well. If that's the case, they better make a ton of sidequest, and unmarked locations. Oh, and I couldn't find the article you mentioned.

FlawlessGoBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FlawlessGoBot
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I'll be happy if Nintendo decides to give us something other than Zelda or Mario. Star Fox, F-Zero, Metriod, or maybe something new cause I ain't feeling picky at this point.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4223 Posts

@FlawlessGoBot said:

I'll be happy if Nintendo decides to give us something other than Zelda or Mario. Star Fox, F-Zero, Metriod, or maybe something new cause I ain't feeling picky at this point.

Same! Less than 2 months to go for E3!!!

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I'm going into E3 with ZERO expectations from Nintendo. There recent E3 shows have been poor, as was last years Nintendo Direct.

I guess my one want would be an actual E3 show this year instead of a Direct, I wanna see Reggie.

GordanChoong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#15 GordanChoong
Member since 2014 • 227 Posts

These are all the new games that I want to see a trailer of at this year's E3:

next-gen Mario (3D World isn't considered a true successor to SMG 2 and Shigeru even considered SMG3)

next-gen Zelda (we need a new zelda game for WiiU finally in HD and going back to buttons)

next-gen Metroid (where is this Retro Studios? I've been waiting forever for this game)

next-gen Star-Fox (please bring this franchise back Nintendo; like you guys did it for the 3DS and SSB4!)

next-gen F-Zero (you better fulfill the fans' request Nintendo, or else ... )

next-gen Kirby (let's see sakurai make this game and everybody will be happy)

next-gen Fire Emblem (we never got a true predeccessor on the Wii so how about for WiiU?)

next-gen WarioWare (and no Game & Wario doesn't count as a WiiU Wario title!)

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

@nini200 said:

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

@nini200 said:

I'm pretty sure they will be.

Not 100% certain but I don't think they'll be at e3 this year either.

Blah. I'm conflicted. Part of me wishes Nintendo stayed with the live conference, and the other part of me wishes they continue with the Directs. Some years feel more suited with a Direct than others. For example, I would have preferred if Ninty's 2008 and 2012 conferences were Directs because they could have been less awkward to watch and they weren't too exciting as a whole. If E3 2013 was a live conference, then the crowd's reaction to Megaman in Smash Bros would have been legendary. It's like watching a movie at the theaters or at home. Some movies are better watched with a larger audience and others don't, and the same applies to E3 conferences. Considering the Wii U's current circumstances, I have faith that Nintendo will go all-out to generating as much hype for their console, reason why I want a live conference, but Nintendo's not perfect and they can screw up on stage so I would not mind a Direct.

I guess the chances of another E3 Direct is pretty high. I'll be slightly disappointed if it actually turns out to be too amazing because it would have been even more amazing with an actual crowd cheering for it.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#18  Edited By wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Is nintendo even having an actual conference or are they pulling that dumb thing they did last year?

(not a joke question)

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

a new Mario game and a new star fox game.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

Why are you hyped? I love Nintendo, but I'm disappointed with them for the last year now.

I want them to present at E3. It's an industry standard. Stop trying to be so different. Make a spectacle. It's part of showing excitement for your lineup, which Nintendo doesn't seem to be.

On the Wii U front, I'd like:

- an announcement stating that they are going to maximize the VC. This would include additional consoles (like on the Wii, and then some), cross-buy functionality with the 3DS, and the promise of at least one game per virtual console weekly. Not one game, but one per console. So right now that would be at least one NES, SNES, and GBA game every week.

- I'd like to see a release calendar with at least one full Wii U game every month for the next year. So that would be at least 12 games between this E3 and next year's. And again, what I'm calling an actual, full game. Not a small eshop game for $10. Not another retro looking indie game. 12 "core" games.

- A system update removing the Wara Wara plaza. I'd like a more mainstream main menu that I can navigate with the controller. I'm ok if the Wara Wara plaza gets moved and you can still access it. But I don't want it as my main screen. It's pretty useless since you have to move it to the gamepad screen if you want to interact with it, and it bloats startup and app swapping.

- More variety in the genres. How the heck do we not have a strategy game on the Wii U?? It's got a touchscreen! Where is the Command and Conquer ripoff? Civilization, Sim City? Anything!! Where are the racing games?

Really, all I want is Nintendo to show us games. Core games. No vitality sensor. No more Wii Fit. At least not until they have a lot more games.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#21 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I'd like to see the new Zelda, and a Retro Studios Metroid for Wii U. It's pretty much guaranteed we'll see the former. The latter, not so likely.

In an alternate fantasy world where the impossible is possible and dreams come true, I would like to see the next Mass Effect game announced for Wii U with Wiimote support.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Simple:

1. Debut of Wii U Zelda

2. Unveil of new Smash Bros characters (Pacman anyone?)

3. Metroid Wii U, and maybe Starfox or F-Zero.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I have no idea what I want. I usually go into E3's not expecting anything in particular, but expecting a set of big announcements generally speaking.

Edit: I lie. I want F-Zero :P Made by Sega would be a plus.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Release date/window for X :P

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I'm not even excited for Nintendo at e3. I'm so sick of their BS. They'll show us a 30 second clip of Zelda and then not show anything else for two years. I'm sick of getting jerked around by them. They can take their hype and shove it. I'm fed up with them to the max. After 30 years of playing Nintendo games I'm really loosing faith in them.