I hope the WiiU gets a new Unreal Tournament/Championship

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nini200 (10076 posts) -

I've been recently playing Unreal Tournament on Dreamcast and forgot how much fun that game was. Oh man, the Pulse Gun, Bio Rifle, Flak Cannon, Shock Rifle, Enforcer, Minigun, Ripper (One of my favorites) and more topped off with those classic great stages brought back very fond memories of the game. A new Unreal should be made on WiiU and it could be a great competitor FPS that could hang with the rest.

I just wonder what all they could do with the gamepad screen on an Unreal tournament/championship game? Powerups, Turret Controls, Orders for Computer controlled teammates, tactics screen to control and guide computer controlled AI to certain areas for distraction or backup and more.

Just a thought I was having.

#2 Posted by Sepewrath (28770 posts) -
I don't like the chances of new seeing a new Unreal Tourny on any platform, Epic is all about Gears now.
#3 Posted by meetroid8 (21140 posts) -
I don't like the chances of new seeing a new Unreal Tourny on any platform, Epic is all about Gears now. Sepewrath
Doesn't mean we can't hope.
#4 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4184 posts) -
I don't like the chances of new seeing a new Unreal Tourny on any platform, Epic is all about Gears now. Sepewrath
They usually release a new Unreal Tournament with every new version of the Unreal Engine. Unreal Engine 4 is coming out soon. There will be a new UT, but the question is "will it suck like UT3 did?"
#5 Posted by kungfool69 (2581 posts) -

dont forget the DC also had quake 3 areana..

#6 Posted by NamelessPlayer (7729 posts) -
Only if I can use a USB keyboard and mouse or Wiimote + Nunchuk, and the Wii U version supports mods (even if I have to "cook" them on my PC first). That said, the GamePad does provide some possibilities. I could have the console (as in the command line you get when you hit the ` (tilde) key) on it with a virtual keyboard, it could display the scoreboard and/or the Onslaught/Warfare map, and if mods end up happening (UT3 on PS3 did support them, right?), maybe they could end up having special support for the GamePad's screen. Now, if we could just get Epic to return to their roots...
#7 Posted by Frankenstrat247 (324 posts) -

A new Unreal Championship would be amazing. Personally, I just want a new UT on pc.

#8 Posted by Los9090 (7288 posts) -
That was a fun game...Be nice to see it work out for the U.
#9 Posted by SoAmazingBaby (2786 posts) -
The first Unreal Tournament was good. Other ones were meh.
#10 Posted by Litchie (16504 posts) -
Unreal Tournament without mouse and keyboard is epic failure.
#11 Posted by nini200 (10076 posts) -

The first Unreal Tournament was good. Other ones were meh.SoAmazingBaby
I liked the Dreamcast one. Whichever one that was, it was Awesome. I know they had a PC version too which was awesome as well.

Unreal Tournament without mouse and keyboard is epic failure.Litchie

I'm sure the option would be there especially since the WiiU has USB ports. I played the Dreamcast version with the KB and M and it was a blast. I'm hoping for a WiiMote and Nunchuck setup if it ever comes to the WiiU. If that happens, it's a done deal for me.