hyrule warriors sells 200k/smash 3DS 700k NPD

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

-NPD September-

glass is half empty...glass is half full.

you decide.

smash had 2 days to track...HW had 4 days

http://nintendoeverything.com/september-2014-npd-nintendos-response-smash-sells-705000-in-2-days/

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#2 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Good sales for smash ok for hyrule warriors

bdmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 bdmckinley
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts

Still on the fence about Hyrule Warriors. I want to buy it but am afraid I'll get bored with it rather quickly. I was hoping to get it on sale, but with it being a Nintendo title, it most likely will not get cheaper any time soon.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts
@bdmckinley said:

Still on the fence about Hyrule Warriors. I want to buy it but am afraid I'll get bored with it rather quickly. I was hoping to get it on sale, but with it being a Nintendo title, it most likely will not get cheaper any time soon.

I'm in a similar position.

I decided just to wait until the next drought of games (maybe January, or Q1 2015) after I've played the titles I'm more confident in such as Bayonetta 2, Smash, and Toad.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

@trugs26 said:

@bdmckinley said:

I decided just to wait until the next drought of games (maybe January, or Q1 2015) after I've played the titles I'm more confident in such as Bayonetta 2, Smash, and Toad.

I thought it was easily well worth it. It made great use of the LoZ license. I mean, you're on the fence and I don't want to oversell it to you and disappoint you, but it is still a good game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 deactivated-5bbbfd7e351ba
Member since 2014 • 322 Posts

I usually don't care about sales, but those are some bad numbers for Hyrule Warriors considering it's Zelda.

I guess the fact that it doesn't blatantly say "The Legend of Zelda" is to blame, along with the fact that it's a Dynasty Warriors game with Zelda stuff.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts
@haziqagha said:

I usually don't care about sales, but those are some bad numbers for Hyrule Warriors considering it's Zelda.

I guess the fact that it doesn't blatantly say "The Legend of Zelda" is to blame, along with the fact that it's a Dynasty Warriors game with Zelda stuff.

Let me stop you right there. Hyrule Warriors is Zelda but at the same time it isn't Zelda. If anything this is fan service and to me it looks like it will be a cult hit for those who are much more than a casual Zelda fan.

190K units sold in America over a few days isn't bad.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

@KBFloYd: Did they say anything about the global Wii U sales? I think the Wii U was at 6.68 by June 30th.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KBFloYd

@pikachudude860 said:

@KBFloYd: Did they say anything about the global Wii U sales? I think the Wii U was at 6.68 by June 30th.

they said wiiU sold 50% more than last month....thats all i heard...

oh and 3DS sold 150k in sept.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

@trugs26 said:

@bdmckinley said:

I thought it was easily well worth it. It made great use of the LoZ license. I mean, you're on the fence and I don't want to oversell it to you and disappoint you, but it is still a good game.

Just from a pure gameplay perspective, it looks awfully repetitive and boring.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

Pretty bad numbers for 3DS, only 140k with 2 weeks of Smash 3DS hardware and 2 days of the game itself. Shows more people who already own the system buying the game versus new hardware sales. Nintendo really should have released the New 3DS revisions on Oct 3rd along with Smash Bros 3DS, would've put it above 300k at least

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KBFloYd

@haziqagha said:

i just saw the most wanted games list for japan today and zelda U is behind persona dance all night on vita.

i think zeldas time has passed unless zelda U turns out better than ocarina of time.

@bonesawisready5 said:

Pretty bad numbers for 3DS, only 140k with 2 weeks of Smash 3DS hardware and 2 days of the game itself. Shows more people who already own the system buying the game versus new hardware sales. Nintendo really should have released the New 3DS revisions on Oct 3rd along with Smash Bros 3DS, would've put it above 300k at least

yup....i think less and less and less people why buy a 3DS now that new 3DS is around the corner.

i think nintendo is counting on smash wiiU amiibo for usa sales this year.

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 647 Posts

@haziqagha said:

The DW does not sell well in the US anyway. Considering the install base they are pretty good numbers.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

So almost 200,000 copies of HW in 4 days is bad? What were you guys expecting? I think that's a fairly good number. Plenty of games don't get that many sales in their life span. And this is a hybrid/spin-off kinda new franchise with little advertising. This game has done well.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

@bonesawisready5 said:

The 3DS is loooooooooooong overdue for a price drop. The base model is STILL the same price it was when Nintendo had to hastily cut its price four months into its life. It's just that people who want to play $170+ for the thing is running dry, and while the 2DS is more affordable, it suffers from inferior design. Even the near-almighty Super Smash Bros. can't do much for saturation in the hardware space.

I'm not sure how much the New 3DS is going to help from a global perspective. In Japan, I think the system will do rather well, as the 3DS always seems to do. Elsewhere, Nintendo's really going to have to make a really good argument why the New 3DS even needs to exist. And no, Xenoblade doesn't exactly count as that really good argument...

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

@Madmangamer364: Yea, I think the 2DS should be $79 (like old school days of the Game Boy) or $99 and hopefully New 3DS is $129 and XL is $169 MAX. But most likely the new 3DS systems will be $170/$200.

Nintendo did say the days of selling a handheld for 20,000 yen ($200) may be over so I'm thinking they'll launch the 3DS successor at like $149-$169. A reason why they may be keeping 3DS this high in price may be not only bigger profit margins but they will be able to see the successor as costing no more or only very little more than a 3DS when it comes out, in 2016 or so I'd imagine.

Then again, maybe the New 3DS is the 3DS successor? I don't know. They're confusing. I'm totally on board for an HDS in 2016 AND i'll buy a NN3DS

csward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17  Edited By csward
Member since 2005 • 2155 Posts

200k is sad, but i think the low install base is part of the issue and the fact that it is just a reskinned Dynasty Warriors. Maybe that number is good for them since they are a small publisher?