How would you repackage Wii U

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

Not saying the Wii U needs to be repackage at the moment, but most likely later in the year. Personally i think the Mario/Luigi Bundle is a great deal. I like the Zelda deal, although it is a re-released game.

I saw a Zelda, Ninja Gaiden 3, and Wonderful 101 bundle for 270$ on NewEgg. Quite the deal...sold out pretty quick.

So what kind of repackage would you do?? More content, same price?? Less content, less price?

So far Next Holiday Season

WII U Sports Packages which includes Mario Kart 8 + Download access to Wii Sports (Tennis, Bowling, Golf) for 250

WII U Mario package which is basically the NEW SMB Mario/Luigi plus Nintendo Land plus a Wii remote for 250

Wii U - X Limited Edition Collectors Edition W/ Pro Controller , 64 GB storage 350$

Wii U - W/ Nintendo Land 199$ Plus 20$ eshop credit.

How would you make the WIi U more attractive to buyers?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Wait wait wait

You want new models of the Wii U?

How is that supposed to help anything?

Mugzippit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Mugzippit
Member since 2010 • 62 Posts

I think Nintendo should do something similar to Microsoft did when they did that offer "trade in your PS4 and get $100 off an Xbox 1". If Nintendo did an offer for say $50 off a Wii U if you trade in your Wii/Wii Mini (probably $50 seeing as you can get a Wii for low prices these days), it would aim to draw people who own, and are happy to stick with, the Wii onto the later console and then make up the cost of the offer in the software sales they otherwise wouldn't have gotten if customers stick with the Wii.

Backwards compatibility ensure they can keep any Wii games they have so there is no loss to upgrading there. System transfer is done with an SD card that can be transferred onto before trading in the Wii and then onto the Wii U once its set up so properly done there isn't an issue here either.

I can't see any inherit drawbacks to this aside from the loss on the hardware. Any thoughts?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Mugzippit said:

Backwards compatibility ensure they can keep any Wii games they have so there is no loss to upgrading there. System transfer is done with an SD card that can be transferred onto before trading in the Wii and then onto the Wii U once its set up so properly done there isn't an issue here either.

I can't see any inherit drawbacks to this aside from the loss on the hardware. Any thoughts?

1. That's not true

2. Most users would lose the ability to play Gamecube games because the Wii U isn't backward compatible

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

Wait wait wait

You want new models of the Wii U?

How is that supposed to help anything?

Nintendo's not going to just give up on the Wii U. Creating some new system isn't going to solve any problems, and if they do go that route, it will beat least 2 years down the road. Thus in the meantime.... i will guarantee the Wii U will come out with a new package deal in 2014.

Look at all the 2014 Exclusives, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Bayonetta, X , Hyrule Warriors, and thown in the 2013 Lineup: New Super Mario Bros, PIkmin, Wind Waker HD, Mario 3D land, and the Eshop Wii Sports, Wii Fit, NES Remix,.... There's more than enough reason to pick up a Wii U.

Plus everyone wants to think Nintendo should try and compete with Xbox/PS4, but in reality it's best suited as a compliment to either system. I think Nintendo will have a better year, than people expect.

Mugzippit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Mugzippit
Member since 2010 • 62 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

@Mugzippit said:

1. That's not true

2. Most users would lose the ability to play Gamecube games because the Wii U isn't backward compatible

Could you specify what part wasn't true? The system transfer process is correct and there won't be any loss of backwards compatibility as far as Wii games go. I hadn't even considered GC games but I agree that there would be the loss of access to them with the offer and it would be up to the customer to decide if access to the Wii U games is worth the cost and the loss of using GC games.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

@Mugzippit: There are no GC games on any virtual console, Wii U or Wii lol.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

The same way I'd repackage this duplicate thread...

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

The gamepad should be more like what the motion plus was towards the end of the Wii's lifecycle.

It clearly seems that Nintendo is going to continue developing for this peripheral but it should be more of a recommended upgrade for the system than a required purchase.

Audacitron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Audacitron
Member since 2012 • 991 Posts

I'd redesign, or at least recolor the console case to make it look more distinctive and less like the Wii, then I'd design packaging where the console itself was front and center, with the gamepad to one side.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

I would do more content same price.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

Wii U console, pro controller, and a game like call of duty or assassins creed. Cut the Gamepad out and make it $199

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

Just release 2-3 must have games and and exclusive 3rd party like Resident Evil whatever... some new spin off or remake/RE2 and also make all colors 32GB or higher, add in a pink colored one for kids/girls/HelloKitty collectors etc. I think it's a matter of time for the Wii U to be saved and turned around. I love the thing so far and I was pretty much convinced by the Microbribed press is was a $300 brick... it's not.

I did have one incident the other day, whatever you do don't accept of modify your cookies settings, it locks up the system, or at least the game pad and you have to hard reset the console end of the configuration to unfreeze the gamepad. Delete all cookies etc...

Avatar image for TransformerRobo
TransformerRobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TransformerRobo
Member since 2011 • 549 Posts

The following games should've also been sold as pack-ins for the Wii U:

-The Wonderful 101

-Super Mario 3D World

-Pikmin 3

-Game & Wario

I'd have Deluxe packages including each of those games, for $250 each, plus a $50 eShop card.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

If I were Nintendo I'd bite the bullet in the form of the eshop. I'd make the VC FREE for anyone who purchases a wiiu. Seems crazy, yes, but systems would sell based on that alone.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

@Heirren said:

If I were Nintendo I'd bite the bullet in the form of the eshop. I'd make the VC FREE for anyone who purchases a wiiu. Seems crazy, yes, but systems would sell based on that alone.

this actually raises a good point. while free isn't going to happen, i wonder what would happen if they made it a subscription service, similar to what Sony's doing with PS Now? Just charge something like $5 a month and get access to the full VC library.

GeekInkINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GeekInkINC
Member since 2014 • 206 Posts