How to get a Day 1 or Week 1 Deluxe without a preorder?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by optimal_saint (25 posts) -
I was out of town when the announcement was made and when I game back all the preorders were sold out. What's the best chance to get a Deluxe Wii U the first day or week?
#2 Posted by Jaysonguy (37973 posts) -

I was out of town when the announcement was made and when I game back all the preorders were sold out. What's the best chance to get a Deluxe Wii U the first day or week?optimal_saint

You were out of the country?

Well first I'd say check your release window for your region then camp out at a store about 36 hours before it opens

#3 Posted by etmaul (744 posts) -
Luck. Or, like I did for my Nintendo Wii on launch day, find out when the store stops holding Wii's that were supposed to be picked up and swoop in and grab one!
#4 Posted by GamerEye (1607 posts) -
  1. Find a store that will sell the WiiU Deluxe
  2. Wait infront of the store over night (first 10 in line peferably) (each store that sells the WiiU will have a different amount in stock, such as Target)
  3. Once store opens, walk, don't run to the electronics section (unless of course it's Gamestop).
  4. Throw your money at the cashier.
  5. ???
  6. Profit
#5 Posted by MonsieurX (31552 posts) -
Pre-order online.
#6 Posted by famicommander (8524 posts) -
I had to camp out to get my Wii. Slept on a sidewalk outside Best Buy in the 8 degree (before wind chill) Denver winter. This time I preordered.
#7 Posted by Bigboi500 (30963 posts) -

Store campouts are always fun! I might do that myself.

#8 Posted by wizdom (10105 posts) -
[QUOTE="optimal_saint"]I was out of town when the announcement was made and when I game back all the preorders were sold out. What's the best chance to get a Deluxe Wii U the first day or week?

There are going to be some places that sell the system without a preorder, but you are going to have to camp outside for it to make sure you get it, but most places are going to be sold out of it. My guess is without a preorder it is going to be hard to get a deluxe Wii U on launch day, the other one is widely available though and you can settle for that if you choose so but I personally would just wait if I couldnt get it at launch.
#9 Posted by wizdom (10105 posts) -
Pre-order online.MonsieurX
Did you even read what he said? Its sold out everyone online.
#11 Posted by wiifan001 (18479 posts) -

[QUOTE="optimal_saint"]I was out of town when the announcement was made and when I game back all the preorders were sold out. What's the best chance to get a Deluxe Wii U the first day or week?Jaysonguy

You were out of the country?

Well first I'd say check your release window for your region then camp out at a store about 36 hours before it opens

Pretty much this, though 36 may not be needed. I waited at my nearest Wal Mart back on the launch of the Wii, and there were people who arrived over 4 hours early...and they were NOT in line fast enough.
#12 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

I remember I waited outside of Target for my Wii back when it launched. It was like 28ºF and at 2 in the morning I had me some cold chili that I bought from Target the day before. That was the most fun I have ever had. More than like 200 people were in line, but Target only had 12 Wiis. It was limited to 1 Wii per Family. We were '5th' in line.

#13 Posted by Sepewrath (28788 posts) -
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Pre-order online.wizdom

Many places(like Amazon)haven't even done pre orders yet, so its not sold online. Its merely GS and Best Buy at the moment. More pre orders will become available from other retailers in the next month.
#14 Posted by Jaysonguy (37973 posts) -

[QUOTE="wizdom"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Pre-order online.Sepewrath

Many places(like Amazon)haven't even done pre orders yet, so its not sold online. Its merely GS and Best Buy at the moment. More pre orders will become available from other retailers in the next month.

1. Amazon doesn't sell Nintendo hardware anymore

2. It wasn't just two stores, it was every retail chain

#15 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
100% if you live in australia
#16 Posted by JustPlainLucas (74815 posts) -
You can also pay double or triple and buy someone's spot in line.