How's the Wii U version of AC4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Chozofication (2487 posts) -

Anyone who's played it, how's the framerate? I know AC3 chugged on all consoles, wondering if they got more out of the Wii U this time.

I haven't cared about AC in the best but the pirate theme looks cool, I don't want the gameplay to chug though.

#2 Posted by Bigboi500 (27879 posts) -

The fr is fine for me so far, and there's no screen-tearing at all. I've played all the other ACs on PS3 and this one runs much better than any of those.

#3 Edited by Chozofication (2487 posts) -

The fr is fine for me so far, and there's no screen-tearing at all. I've played all the other ACs on PS3 and this one runs much better than any of those.

Sounds good. I knew it wouldn't have tearing since AC3 had v-sync, but the framerate was in the low 20's a lot esp. on Wii U.

#4 Posted by KBFloYd (12168 posts) -

looks tons better than AC3 graphically..so pretty...maybe better than windwaker...maybe not

gamepad is used same as ac3...takes hud of the screen too..off tvplay

i havnt reall y got into it because im playing so much wii sports club with my dad :P

#5 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (6407 posts) -

That's a relief. I can deal with a slightly unstable framerate, but screen tearing gives me a headache.

#6 Edited by OreoMilkshake (12718 posts) -

Framerate is mediocre but workable and it's occasionally buggy but nothing game breaking.

#7 Posted by enrique_marrodz (2092 posts) -

@Chozofication: Some reviewvers complain about framerate but, for me, I see no other problem than some weird jaggi shadows from time to time. Aside from that, the game is awesome and way beyond ACIII.

You should get it!

#8 Posted by Chozofication (2487 posts) -

Framerate is mediocre but workable and it's occasionally buggy but nothing game breaking.

Sounds about how AC3 was. I'll wait for the price to go down.

#9 Edited by TiimeThief (13 posts) -

The graphics look very vibrant and absolutely no screen tearing at all.

#10 Posted by Bardock47 (5036 posts) -

I'll be getting it eventually. Probably in the coming months

#11 Posted by Pierst179 (10482 posts) -

I am glad to read the positive comments. I am looking forward to playing it soon.

#12 Edited by ANIMEguy10034 (4454 posts) -

I got to play it a bit on Wii U and PS3 and the Wii U version seems to have a smoother frame rate. The frame rate could have been better, but the visuals make up for it. The water sure is pretty.

#13 Edited by Jaysonguy (37113 posts) -

It's pretty awful

Frame rate problems, some weird pop in here and there, and worst of all the Wii U isn't strong enough to make them abandon that weird haze that you see over the entire game.

If you only have a Wi U then you're stuck, if you have one of the next gen consoles then it's obvious

#14 Edited by Planeforger (15318 posts) -

It's pretty awful

Frame rate problems, some weird pop in here and there, and worst of all the Wii U isn't strong enough to make them abandon that weird haze that you see over the entire game.

If you only have a Wi U then you're stuck, if you have one of the next gen consoles then it's obvious

So you bought the game on the WiiU, then bought it again two weeks later when you bought a PS4 (and have spent the day playing it)?

You must really love Assassins Creed, and really hate money.

#15 Posted by Jaysonguy (37113 posts) -

@Jaysonguy said:

It's pretty awful

So you bought the game on the WiiU, then bought it again two weeks later when you bought a PS4 (and have spent the day playing it)?

You must really love Assassins Creed, and really hate money.

I played it at a friend's house on their save for about a half hour.

#16 Edited by Bigboi500 (27879 posts) -

It's pretty awful

More lies from a terrible troll...

#17 Edited by Jaysonguy (37113 posts) -

@Jaysonguy said:

It's pretty awful

More lies from a terrible troll...

Everything I listed is said at countless review sites, even IGN'S video shows the fog

but no, you keep on telling people to get the inferior version

#18 Posted by Bigboi500 (27879 posts) -

@Jaysonguy: Everybody knows it's inferior to the ps4 and xbox one version, but they should also know it's superior to the ps3 and 360 versions because it has a higher and more consistent frame rate and no screen tears.

For most people it is the superior version because a majority of people don't have the new systems yet, and it would be stupid to buy them just to play a slightly better version of AC4.

You telling people it's "awful" is just wrong and misleading.

#19 Posted by JordanElek (17479 posts) -

You telling people it's "awful" is just wrong and misleading.

Jason's scale of quality goes like this: Broken - Awful - Works - Amazing. And I think the only game to ever reach the level of Amazing is My Pokemon Ranch on the Wii.